Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
my oil is maximum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Do you get any neat stuff or bonuses for a founder's pack?

asking for a friend

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
eh i aint wasting money on a skin or cowboy stuff :effort:

the early access thing was a given, i just wanted to see if there were exclusive skins or whatever

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ErrantSystems posted:

People over at the bladeandsouldojo forums are so angry about their anime names being taken (note: basically CMs took some popular names before name reservation was open to the public, initial thread about this is here). Some quotes:

Meanwhile some NCSoft employees make some nice responses:

I hope they didn't reserve Sephiroth :ohdear:

Most people are uncreative. Shocker :nallears: I'm gonna have a weebname but I just know nobody will ever have it because it combines two different meanings, and I've always used them in most mmos without fail and it'll be perfect for my Jin Assassin~

Make like aa KFM named Danger Cobra or whatever, same idea with mine but its elegant~ gently caress, she might be better as a blade master...

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:laffo:

why not just use her japanese name? Furan~ :smuggo:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8321214/

Furan McFran~

reminds me of a Lalafell named Rand Paul~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
2DCat if your character isn't named Damaged Syrup, I'll.. I'll..

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
player retention in mmo is like bladder retention

you just can't hold them/it in forever~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I like soup :downs:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ahahahaaaa

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
you can be whatever you want to be eonwe <3

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I got founders pack :negative:

only because i can afford to play on the weekends and rather not wait until monday :/

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Queue and Soul

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

Which server did they settle on? Jiwan?

i hope not, I'm on Jiwan cos you know, Mushin is never gonna queue you in~ and then I found out too late that other goons chose Old Man Cho

I already have a 20 BM and a 22 Sin, so if I delete, it's gonna take a week~ according to Blazing so rip

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
thinkin about trying out a KFM but imo they should have these kind of weapons instead of their weird gauntlets

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

Yo bitch account friend me already so that when I manage to log on a server somewhere we can chat (the name is... wait for it... Anoia).

lol you got it it'll be the first thing i do if i can ever get in, i might go for prem but it looks like i can only get it in a pack right now? their store layout is confusing and I'm trying to figure out how to buy just prem

Hongmoon weapons seem to be the standard but you can alter their appearance with other things so you don't necessarily have to wait for transformation btw

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i too paid the 5 bucks and im joining old man cho, im just twiddling my thumbs over some su per awesome name that's supposed to pop into my drunken head atm

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
he looks literally like a jojo character hahahaha

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

My exact goal has been met then.

good, because that was a good thing

His stand is Piss Factory

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tiger Millionaire posted:

So what is the most common class do people reckon? I'm thinking about rolling a BD but also have some complex where I can't play the most picked class

afaik I know, BM, KFM, Sin are the most complex and involve numurous combo approaches

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
wow, im still drunk, i reread that complex post

I thought s/he wanted something intricate and not a neurosis~ :blush:

drunken master aside, I whupped some red gon destroyer with my tiny blue jin KFM~ so badly that i made him disgraced and take it off~

Red faction is like stupid popular, can't even join them. Have to join blue to balance it out, but that just means more red bad mans to make punchies with <3

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 22, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Whupped another Gon Destroyer 3 times in a row. As a result, tears~ <3

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 22, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
vadia is Portuguese for bitch, huh i learned a new word today

darn tootin im a bitch :smugbert:

btw this is what my animu looks like

no ragrets and it is my intent and hope that when pvpers look upon this face, it fuels their rage as i look nonchalant~ as i whup em <3 ^_^ v

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cathead posted:

Lastgirl I know you're owning but pls [timg] your pics

you got it friend

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cathead posted:

lmao no

Player destroyers are "Im spinning constantly, hope you can time your attacks to not get deflected or I will gently caress YOU" and then "now I got you stunned, time to go SSJ and hack you to pieces"

yea he did a spin and tried to choke me. I just countered, evaded and there was one moment where i was hosed so i just comet punched his brains out and won by a slight edge. After that, he was fairly predictable in his rage so I danced on him and comboed him with a grapple and headbutted for the finish. KFM feels really satisfying when you pull off counter combo chains

I mean you gotta time that counter just right, its a lot like BM's 1

I have a 20 BM and i upgraded her 1 to a parry and it's awesome but you have to be even more precise as it's literally like .5 of a second to pull off. Do it right and you can do the aerial combo chain.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
are there any rewards for owning crimson legion guys? Because I've ganked the same rager about 8 times now

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
can anyone elaborate on Leading Palm for KFM? Tia

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schubalts posted:

Oh, ok, I get what you meant now. That skill and its follow-up skills are a serious case of inconsistent translations.

After using it, you can use Searing Palm. With training points, Searing Palm applies an effect to you that can be stacked 4 times. The skill description calls this effect three different things: Searing Palm Stage, Unrestrained Stage, and Unleashed Stage. :psyduck: Searing Palm also applies a debuff to the target, which is probably also called multiple names.

So basically, you can't get the most out of using Leading Palm until you learn Searing Palm. And NCsoft needs more editors.

yea it was pretty confusing. Thanks for the elaboration. I'm like, how the heck is this triggered? Afaik it seems to be based on lucky crits, only a 20 KFM atm. I looked at the skills for searing palm and I'm like, this can be triggered if you put a point in a rmb skill that seems to be only triggered by a successful counter, otherwise there's no prompt for it afaik. A lot of it is really just messing around until you find out how it works but Searing Palm/Leading Palm was the most misleading in terms of description :psyduck:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Clairetic posted:

Roleplayin'

Needing to group to level hasn't been a thing since like FF11

yea MMOs, it's all solo play. It's really the biggest irony in the genre currently given its present atmosphere in that it attracts anti-social people for social play. It's also very hard to balance it where you don't want to be over reliant on parties to progress either I suppose. It's kind of why I enjoy dungeon content the most in MMOs, closest to teamplay you can get, even if PUGs are the shittiest.

I miss lobby play like Phantasy Star Online :smith:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

There's a drat pop-up that warns you.

This. Just lol if you haven't bloodied your hands by now anyways

My only problem with being in the Cerulean Order is that blood is easily visible on my clothing after a fresh Crimson kill. If it's Red, make them dead has worked out for me well.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schubalts posted:

There's a variant of Counter that has zero cooldown, deals more counter-damage, goes through your defensive skills, increases our crit rating on a counter, and also elbows you in the face even if we mistime the counter. The big drawback to it is that it doesn't give us the 1-second stance of the other Counter types, though.

Elbow Strike owns but yea you have to have some precise timing with it. It pays off when you do, you also hurt them, throw their damage back at them, get the boosts and a twin snake attack.

I swapped iron shoulder's knockback for a hellfire kick set up so i can be more combo wombo instead of having to close the distance in constantly. It makes me more evasion oriented though, which is fine because I also put points in triple kick for a fire kick too and it does a solid amount of damage on a successful evade and it just looks cool as hell 8)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kimsemus posted:

So apparently PC gamer slammed BnS in a review, saying it was a bad game with excellent PVP. poo poo hurts, man. :(

PC gamer has been on a decline since like 2012 afaik

whole site layout now screams clickbait

• Locked thread