Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Holy poo poo that PSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pillow Hat posted:

I thought the gold segment was hilarious.

Yeah, it was funny as hell.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

raditts posted:

His Ben Carson impression is great.

It's outstanding. And if you think that's because Ben Carson is an easy person to imitate, go watch any clip of Jay Pharoh doing Carson and loving it up completely.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i loved the roy wood piece tonight

I was actually reading a similar piece last week. Bella Moretti was talking about all the ridiculous racist poo poo she has to put up with, like the director putting all of her male co-stars in confederate flag shirts.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm usually ready to defend Youtube celebs and the platform, but Lilly Signh is unbearable.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Desi has been MIA for a bit. Probably baby time.

That joke in the Zoolander clip was waaaaaaaay too much set up.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm pretty sure we're just a season away from people turning on Samantha Bee as well.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That child did a pretty good job of being the GOP incarnate.

e: Holy poo poo this Jessica Williams segment.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 24, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to work for Boston Dynamic's Robot Bullying Division. I already meet the most important criteria.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Has The Nightly Show stopped doing their really awful "Face against a green screen" bits?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man, I think so far Trump has felt full of poo poo on everything he's weighed in on, but I definitely believe his intent to make libel laws laxer. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his main agenda.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

Lindsey Graham has been all out of fucks to give for quite a while now, and it's a lot more fun to watch him now.

The interview was straight up amazing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The nightly show rips off the daily shows correspondent pieces in front of a green screen, but usually with costumes and dumber backdrops and overall just very unfunny writing and dialogue

Also, if you never really got why timing was a big deal in comedy, the green screen segments are a perfect example of how bad timing can gently caress up a joke.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wanted to scream at that dude. He's a gross little blight of a man.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goddamn, Trevor had a great bit at the end. Pretty gutsy to do an unflattering impression 2 feet from your target.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Desi Lydic stealing 20bux is a good gag.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I don't remember ever disliking a correspondent, let alone this much.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jessica's long "Whaaaaaaat" is one of my favorite Daily Show moments ever.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

Master of None was good and subverted a lot of the dumb "mumblecore" (is that the right word?) tropes. And its preaching, to be fair, lacked a lot of the mean-spirited venom and cheap catharsis that would've been so easy to indulge on.

It has an amazing second episode, too.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Poala Bear posted:

Was that the parent's episode? Because that episode hit home so hard for myself and a lot of my friends with parents who were born outside the US.

Yup.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wish they could replace it with Full Frontal.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Was that interview with Sharlto Copley as awkward as it seemed to me?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SyRauk posted:

Can we please get a Scott Thompson hosted show? I just want to see more Buddy Cole segments.

gently caress it, just bring back Kids in the Hall for 11:30.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

Michelle Wolf is growing on me.

Same.

Same.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tomi Lahren is a plague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

He gives it his best but man, I didn't expect her to actually say something dumb enough to throw him for a loop like that.

I'm not surprised. Tomi Lahren is basically those Darmok aliens from Star Trek, except she only speaks in platitudes in the form of run on sentences.

• Locked thread