Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Nichael posted:

In between episodes of the Angie Tribeca marathon on TBS, Jason Jones had a bit to promote his upcoming show. "Hey there, I'm Jason Jones and you might know me from The Daily Show when you uh, used to watch it." That was really funny but I'm surprised to see someone who was on the show so recently make a remark like that about Trevor.

I thought of it more like "you stopped watching it when I left the show" and less to do with its current incarnation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I thought the segment was funny but I really wish the town hadn't caved because once the explanation came out and was verified there's nothing wrong with the seal.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

LividLiquid posted:

Was Jessica Williams nice? She looked pretty happy to be interviewing you.

Yeah I'm the equivalent of the dumb old guy who doesn't know how to talk to black people because I think that something that isn't racist isn't racist.

The people referenced by the seal aren't offended. The people that are offended are people that don't know what the seal is. And I suppose some that do. "Let us city folk tell you country bumpkins what you're doing wrong" and all that.

The seal is fine.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Gyges posted:

Half of the people referenced by the seal are unhappy with it. A representative of theirs sat down and chatted with Jessica about how they didn't like it.

Well, a Lenape (a tribe not from the area and not someone from the Oneida tribe represented in the seal) activist was unhappy with it.

It's cool that you think it's racist or looks racist or whatever. And I just think people from outside their community that don't know what they are talking about should mind their own business.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Echo Chamber posted:

Golden Girls was actually a decent show for its time, right?

It's not one of those lovely shows that people keep looking back on fondly like Full House or Saved by the Bell?

I've always thought it was lovely but I don't think I was ever it's target audience. I'd lump it in with those, personally.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Narcissus1916 posted:

Really, Seth Meyer has consistently done a better job deploying barbed commentary than anyone else.

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times so I tuned in to an episode last week and instead of barbed commentary it was really just the typical jokes about trump's hair. Then it was followed by a really dumb segment called Venn Diagrams. I turned it off at that point. Does it get better after the news segment or did I just pick an off-night?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I don't think it's quite that. I think it's an election year and people got used to the specific way the old guard would cover the elections with a bit more cynicism and teeth. The loss of both Colbert and Stewart has really changed the way CC is covering this election and it's a really jarring change I'd expect people to comment about.

Also Trevor attacks fox news and the media in general less than Jon did so it feels like a very different show.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
She said she didn't want it. It's more work and it's a career rut she didn't want to dig herself into at her young age.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

I use to watch TDS while getting ready for work when Jon was still the host. Once they changed I gave the new host a chance but it seemed like every joke/story was race related and got old quick. I'm back on third my old work schedule and was thinking about giving it another go. Is it still like that now or are things more focused back on politics?

I've watched every episode since the beginning and the only times it was heavily race related was when the news of the day was heavily race related. It's been overwhelmingly election related for the entire run so far.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

coyo7e posted:

I was listening to a recording of a bernie rally from the other day, and his supporters can be heard referring to each other as bernie bros.

Get over it.

I didn't realize every Bernie supporter was present at this particular rally and able to be heard on this recording.

coyo7e posted:

She's a handsome woman, but that underbite is pretty hardcore, makes her look like she just stepped out of the boxing ring and hasn't spit out her mouthguard yet.

Ugh.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

coyo7e posted:

Being an insufferable Bernie supporter is your posting gimmick, or your actual fursona?

I think that was my first post ever about Bernie Sanders. Not sure where you're getting that from.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Propaganda Machine posted:

Her post-election segment is the first I've seen, and I'll grant the gravity of the moment but she didn't even strike me as likely to be funny.

She's terrible. Kristen schaal was the best and I guess she took her slot, but it's not really the same schtick at all.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Pastrymancy posted:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/9061c8/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-how-donald-trump-tapped-into-middle-america

Ronnie tries his hand at polling. Of course the guy that falls for the free Hamilton tickets sign was white.

What does that have to do with anything? I imagine a few people did but he was the only one with a reaction funny enough to put on the show.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Steve Vader posted:

Tomi Lahren is apparently on TDS tonight.

It was great BTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

coyo7e posted:

Your post was way worse - because there was actually a ton of interesting insight and personal perspective from Trevor Noah in particular during video - but hey "drops a tiny dook from on high, nothing to see here folks - they smell like poop because they're stupid!" seems to be par for the course with sack of poo poo racists with nothing but a one-liner history of shitposting. :bravo:

Yes, racism exists, but not every criticism of something involving black people is racism. The interview was not entertaining.

• Locked thread