Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Trevor's was fake, Rand Paul's was real. They even alluded to it that during the interview

That was a genuinely funny moment from Rand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

GutBomb posted:

Well, a Lenape (a tribe not from the area and not someone from the Oneida tribe represented in the seal) activist was unhappy with it.

It's cool that you think it's racist or looks racist or whatever. And I just think people from outside their community that don't know what they are talking about should mind their own business.

You really think that concept flies in 2016, years after the information revolution?

Most of the country is aware of Whitesboro and their racist-rear end seal.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gyges posted:

Are you really a person if you haven't imbibed the sweet freedom available only to American citizens? It was all just a bunch of smelly apes until 1789 when god wrote the secrets of humanity on parchment.

*Some restrictions may apply.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Golden Girls was actually a decent show for its time, right?

It's not one of those lovely shows that people keep looking back on fondly like Full House or Saved by the Bell?

Give it a shot.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

old dog child posted:

I'm hoping Samantha Bee's new show will have some biting political humor because she was pretty drat good on The Daily Show but I have no idea what her show is actually going to be like

e: oops probably the wrong thread

Probably, but we all love Samantha Bee here :D

I've been really enjoying the Daily Show lately, y'all are weird. Ronnie's bit on the last episode had me in tears, and he didn't mention his father once!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

zakharov posted:

Also I'm kinda glad Stewart quit before he turned into late-period Carlin.

The only negative thing you can say about late-era Carlin was that he died. :colbert:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Charles Martel posted:

Another week of The Daily Show, and its saving grace, Roy Wood Jr., comes through again. I wish I didn't watch Full Frontal first because it amplified all of the boring bits in TDS this week (every part that Roy Wood Jr. wasn't a part of). If anyone still hasn't watched Sam Bee's new show, I implore you to. I laughed more in that one show than in the last couple weeks of TDS.

Thank God John Oliver comes back this weekend.

Gotta catch up, but I'll agree Full Frontal is very worth your time!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Looks like there's a Jon Stewart hit piece going around blaming The Daily Show for the rise of Donald Trump. Because that's the reason Trump's doing so well. I'm won't bother linking to it, because you can probably guess how it plays out.

Oh bloggers. Never change. :allears:

loving SJW millennials!

Oh wait, that's me. I'm voting Bernie or Hillary. Huh???

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well, those who were waiting for Trevor to ask the tough questions, there you go.

The man's enough of a true believer that it doesn't matter, but still, good effort.

That was a fantastic interview. Yeah, some of Trevor's interviews have been awkward. That was great, I'm absolutely looking forward to more. Viva la Daily Show!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I'm glad she's back. Along with Roy White I think she was one of the more positive changes post-Stewart.

:raise: Roy Wood Jr.?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Not really.

Why are there so many stories about non-white people :bahgawd:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

raditts posted:

I dunno, Full Frontal doesn't seem a whole lot of a departure from her Daily Show material. Which I mean is good, but not like mind blowing spectacular or anything. I rank her a close second to John Oliver. She does have the best remote bits though.

Her bit about Susan G. Komen funding drill tips for fracking was so great, though? I think Full Frontal is actually more biting than anything TDS did.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

IRQ posted:

Also what I saw of the whitehouse press dinner Larry was characteristically about as funny as terminal cancer and Obama was the funny one... and landed a sick burn on CNN too.

If Obama started a standup career, I'd go see him. Dude's funny as hell. You've seen his 2011 WHCD?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

In that case, I hope it has a healthy dose of self-awareness.

I think Jessica Williams' show will be plenty self-aware.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

raditts posted:

I'm not sure what it means when Michael Steele doesn't sound like a complete doofus anymore compared to the rest of the GOP. But whatever it means can't be good.

The GOP has become incredibly doofy since Steele started, he basically had success from doing nothing.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Holy poo poo I miss Jon.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

With these harassment revelations, Roger Ailes turned Megyn Kelley, Gretchen Carlson, and Andrea Tantaros into sympathetic figures. The world has turned upside down since Jon left.

Can we just assume Ailes harassed every female personality at Fox News at this point?

Yeah, I never thought I'd be able to say I support Andrea "America is AWESOME" Tantaros but, according to a TYT video, she actually pushed back before Carlson came out. Good on them.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

I like Trevor Noah, but I've been having Daily Show fatigue a bit more lately. I'd like to say it started with Jessica leaving (which is arbitrary as hell, considering all the talent that has left show including Jon Stewart himself), but I'm getting a little bit more impatient with the show despite mostly liking all the correspondents still. I keep feeling like there's something that should be said about the 2016 election that should be said or articulated but hasn't, despite how much has been said. To be fair, I don't think Jon Stewart could have unpacked it either.

Wait, haven't you heard? Donald Trump wants to gently caress his daughter.

I agree with this, except I do think Jon would have unpacked the point by now. I think Trevor is just lacking that insight, as much as his Daily Show has been great.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Cinnamon Hitler is so weak compared to Cheeto Benito though.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Atomizer posted:

If you haven't heard, btw, Cosby, who is finally on trial for one of his rapes, has been playing up the "frail old man" angle for sympathy and claims to be completely blind now (although he has had keratoconus for years.)

Luckily, he can be blind and a giant piece of poo poo.

It's nice having never watched The Cosby Show, I didn't have to deal with any real affection for his work as these allegations came forward.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Thanks for that, I understand much more now. Jim doesn't stay on subject for overly long, I'd recommend skipping ahead five minutes and giving that special another shot. :) It was excellent.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

FetusSlapper posted:

Where do you draw the line with 'hate the artist, not the art'?

Depends how much I like the art. :shobon:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Steve Vader posted:

All right, I'm dumb. What does that mean?

I would assume "Keep it 100"

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Has anyone here seen Undecided: The Movie? It's by TDS' field producer and Aasif Mandvi, and it's loving brilliant.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

tarlibone posted:

At least the election coverage should be fun.

wrong

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Well, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I'm the first, or at least somewhere in the top 30, to admit that I'm wrong. And you're right: I am wrong.

This Colbert show started a tiny bit fun, but it very, very quickly became dour. This is not fun to watch, but I think the real news would be worse.

Thanks for being a good sport, that was a poo poo post. Thought it was kinda funny. My stomach isn't happy with this.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Atomizer posted:

Michelle Wolf is weird. That's not necessarily a bad thing, although she does seem a little out of place on TDS.

Out of place? She's literally Kristen Schaal's replacement.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Tomi Lahren is a plague.

Yeah I'm putting off watching this one.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Ann Coulter hangs with Bill Maher, she's playing a character.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I see what you mean, but I'm not sure they can be compared. He's actually a pot-smoking Islamophobe atheist, and he plays one on TV!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

raditts posted:

What is this "snowflake" nonsense? I'm trying to figure out how it's supposed to make sense in this context and I'm coming up empty.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/special_snowflake_syndrome

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

raditts posted:

Right, I know what it means, and it doesn't make sense in this context. If you feel you were treated unfairly, how does it make you a "special snowflake" to say you were treated unfairly? Or that not doing so (but totally doing so) is somehow "standing your ground"?
Also, what does that have to do with liberals at all in anything other than an ARTduck fashion? It's like she is some kind of right wing Markov chain given flesh.

Oh, sorry, I didn't understand your confusion. Her rhetoric is literally too dumb for you to grasp. I honestly think that's it, and it speaks to a certain audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Keyser S0ze posted:

That being said he should never offered anything ever and done everything at gunpoint.

He just can't make deals, folks. So bad at deals. I'm going to get us the best deals, because I know how to make them. Art of the Deal, people! Sad!

• Locked thread