Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Matsuya would probably fill a thermos of hot water if you asked them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What’s wrong with Chinese people?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You need to do a furikomi to send money with TransferWise so it’s pointless to set up until you’re in japan anyway.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just heated up some leftovers that were pretty good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wow. Assuming all gaijins are horrible smelly loudmouthed American turds is racist.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

caberham posted:

If tourists want to drive maricar they first have to pass a bike test and cycle around Tokyo. If they haven’t died or gotten lost then they might be able to do it

They already do it everyday, easily.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

QuasiQuack posted:

If anyone saw a whitey who was drunk rear end _fuck_ in Ikebukuro tonight I'll apologise, that was my buddy :guinness:

Yeah because a drunk white person in central Tokyo is really noteworthy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I want the goofy idiots to walk around in yukatas on Tuesday or whatever. Stop spoiling it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Regular joes are entering into commerce between themselves instead of filtering their money through mega corporations! Ever heard of the trickle down effect!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What’s hard about ikebukuro? East side, west side, both sides have hubs. Foolproof.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Alternatively for sumida: arrive early and get smashed all day as is the local tradition.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol at the high rolling eikaiwa senseis humblebragging about flying around me business and first class. Err, get the filet Mignon in first class bro. Trust me, it’s delicious. Ps caviar isn’t that good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

caberham posted:

Have you tried those online booking websites like booking.com?

It’s hit and miss when it comes to small town places, I was left in some guys extension home in Shikoku, it sucked and it costs so much.

Oh and can someone please (probably ntan) tell me more about driving passes for tolls? My brother in law has driven in japan before but I haven’t

Etc cards? Should be an option at the rental car company.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Went to Roppongi last night hoping to get drunk on a weeknight with some random expats and hopefully cute girls who speak English, instead was met by empty bars everywhere and random dudes every ten feet asking me to go into strip clubs. I screwed up the train too so it took forever to get to and from Shinjuku and the whole night was a big fail. Help me SA, why did I gently caress up and will it be just as much of a waste on Fri/Sat?

e: also jesus gently caress it is hot right now

e: e: also gyukatsu motomura shinjuku is tits.

Jesus Christ.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah all of the old nerd poo poo is still in akihabara, but there’s just a bunch of tourists and department stores too. Pc parts are often cheaper in akihabara and there’s more variety, including used stuff.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cool line group chat drama. What I come to this lovely old thread to see.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That monk is more cringey than any of those idiot tourists. Imagine running into a dude with an authentic Shingon Buddhist staff shoved that far up his anus.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

umalt posted:

Sweet, that's great to hear. My fianceé has a hard time dealing with packed crowds, so a slow Tokyo is actually a huge benefit.

Slow Tokyo is still packed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It’s affected me because my Hokkaido wife’s family’s line chat has exploded and blown up my phone.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stringent posted:

That doesn't sound good at all.

P much this. My work has a washlet and so does my house. gently caress if I’m ever going to be happy with spooning water over my poo poo covered hand.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

peanut posted:

I *am* the waifu :dukedog:

You can’t be a waifu.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hardcore racism itt.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If it was a bunch of Chinese tourists that died in a tsunami this thread would not pretend to give a poo poo. 🐸☕️

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

prompt posted:

We have enough tourists, tell everyone that Japan sucks to visit. TIA

“We”

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shibawanko posted:

Well poo poo, I'm going back there in december but today I accidentally spilled coffee on my passport. It's not too bad, the main page (made of hard plastic) is unaffected but the middle two visa pages have a stain running down the spine. According to the passport authority in my country that means it's still valid since everything is still legible and nothing is falling apart but we all know what Japanese bureaucrats are like. Anyone ever got poo poo from immigration trying to enter with a not-pristine passport?

I travelled in and out of japan with a washed passport and the only immigration authorities that cared were loving Fiji of all places.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

prompt posted:

Goon made a girl cry at the Hub. Solid Halloween.

Weird flex.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ntan1 posted:

No really instead of Mt fuji your best time will be at the Hub in Shibuya.

I know this is sarcasm but if you pull a bird down at the hub you’ll remember that a lot longer than looking at some lovely old temples or a dumbass mountain.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

caberham posted:

Dennie’s is a bit more of a fun place instead of TGI

Denny’s in japan sucks rear end.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lid posted:

I'm staying next to Higashi-nakano station so now I know where I am roughly.

There’s a good fish and chips craft beer place near that station. The hangover.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just walk into a kaitenzushi place wtf. Some of them even have English language options on the tablet. I’ve never personally booked sushi in my life.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

captkirk posted:

Anyone do goshuin collecting? I kind of wanted to but when I went to Hokkaido Jingu today I had trouble trying to find a stamp book to buy.

You can get the book at the shrine usually. I know for a fact that Hokkaido shrine has one because my wife almost bought it when she finished her last book

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

captkirk posted:

Do you remember where you saw it? I walked up and down where they were selling the charms and I couldn't find the goshuin books. It doesn't help that I'm too nervous to have any interaction with anyone that doesn't come down to pointing or handing over my passport.

The goshuin section was inside a room so the books were in a shelf in there and not outside with the rest of the charms.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

No one except for dumb tourists have ever gone to odaiba without there being some event or convention on in the history of japan.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

captkirk posted:

:drat:

That got me to laugh outline outloud in the goshuin line at asakusa shrine.

It got me to laugh out loud whilst taking a poo poo on the toilet, in my apartment.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

captkirk posted:

Also, what the hell is in lovely beer in Japan? I've never had this bad of a headache from just beer before.

It’s probably not beer. It’s beer flavoured Japanese alcohol and it’s loving gross.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ntan1 posted:

This is mostly a product of being an experienced driver in a city. For example, in the SF Bay Area, using your signal too early to indicate a lane change indicates that you are a slow and passive driver that will take forever to merge, so many drivers will speed up into the gap naturally. In response, most drivers now only really signal last second. The other issue is that even when lane shifting or merging you are already supposed to be looking at the window to make sure nobody is there, so people just skip the "turn on signal early" part.

Tokyo will do quick lane changing as well because it's a major metropolitan area, but in retrospect, in the country side Japanese people are honestly the best at being polite on the road (usually)... Way better than US/Canada.

People loving cut you off from behind if you’re trying to lane change? That would cause some murders in most places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

caberham posted:

Hey Phone, August will you be in Fuji speedway? If it’s the weekend I love to go but hotels and stuff are filling up fast so you better book stuff now

Do you seriously communicate with this person by loving forum posts. Use line you retarded clown.