Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Edit: Never mind.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

65 mm Voigtlander APO macro for Sony full frame.
$650
Sold

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 12, 2019

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

65 mm Voigtlander APO macro for Sony full frame.
$650

Bumping before selling to B&H. Totally open to offers.
Sold

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 12, 2019

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Anybody interested in a Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon N 50mm f/2.8? I have it sitting on a helicoid + adapter for a Sony E-mount, but I can part it out. $350 for the whole kit or $300 for just the lens.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 7, 2019

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

Anybody interested in a Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon N 50mm f/2.8? I have it sitting on a helicoid + adapter for a Sony E-mount, but I can part it out. $140 for the whole kit or $100 for just the lens.

Price drop.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

darkhawk posted:

Offhand, what camera were you using this with?
Got any shots with it?
I'm searching to see how this compares to Sony's FE 50/1.8 lens now just because I'm curious.

I was using it on a Sony A7R3 and I have an extra helicoid for 1.5x macro. This gallery does a quick comparison between the FE55/1.8 and the Rodagon. Chromatic aberration is indeed less in the APO, and while it is fine at close distance, I am not impressed by its infinity performance. The flimsy construction and awful bokeh have sealed its fate.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Leitz Canada Apo-Telyt-R 1:3.4/180
Gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/JuPSlXP

Optics are clean, no fungus or purple cast. Only the lens and caps are included, not the bag.

$800. Happy to trade for Canon 180 mm macro.

I can add a metabones adapter to mount it on a Sony E mount for $50.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

Leitz Canada Apo-Telyt-R 1:3.4/180
Gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/JuPSlXP

Optics are clean, no fungus or purple cast. Only the lens and caps are included, not the bag.

$800. Happy to trade for Canon 180 mm macro.

I can add a metabones adapter to mount it on a Sony E mount for $50.

Better pictures: https://imgur.com/a/HZ0HEND

And price drop to $750.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I have a Sony 90 mm macro that I am no longer using. Lens, caps, hood, and pouch included, but not the original box. Glass is as clean as it gets.

Asking price: $650 paypal fees and shipping included.

Sold.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 29, 2019

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

Better pictures: https://imgur.com/a/HZ0HEND

And price drop to $750.

Leitz Canada Apo-Telyt-R 1:3.4/180 now $700.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Trying to sell this again.
$100

... and a very nice copy of the Leica Elmarit-R 90 mm f/2.8 II (11806). Bought in Ex condition from KEH in early December.
$450

Shipping in ConUS and Paypal fees are included.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 5, 2020

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Munkaboo posted:

Interest check on a CANON 24-70MM F/2.8 L II USM EF - comes with hood, bag, cap got it like 2 months ago off KEH (BGN quality - I cant tell where the scuffs are). Am in the US. I'm probably switching to Sony hence the potential desire to sell it.

Post pics and a price.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

darkhawk posted:

I'll bite. Semi-interested. How much? And pictures of the lens perhaps?
Why are you looking to get rid of it?

Also....I'd be adapting this to a Sony A7RII, and I know the adapters are there, but would it give me exif data? Just curious.

Can't comment on the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II specifically, but I have a Canon 180 mm macro on a Sony A7R3 and focal length is transmitted, but not which lens is being used.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Anybody interested in a 21 mm Loxia or a 55 mm Sony FE ZA?

Pics here: https://imgur.com/a/JjnAcIn

Loxia:
Included are the lens, non-original caps, original lens shade, and de-click tool. No box, no papers. The back cap does not fit, so it will be taped on for shipping. Marks on body. Optics has three spots (<0.5 mm in diameter) on front element that will not come off with a lens pen. They do not impact image quality. Price covers shipping and Paypal fees. I accept returns (for any reason, no questions asked) and will cover return shipping. Looking for $550 OBO.
Sold.

55 mm FE ZA:
Rarely used. Included are the lens, original caps, original lens shade, and pouch. No box, no papers. Optics are as clean as it gets. Price covers shipping and Paypal fees. I accept returns (for any reason, no questions asked) and will cover return shipping. Looking for $550 OBO.
Sold.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 31, 2020

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

If you have to ask where to sell, it gets tricky because you would be a newbie, and nobody would trust you. That has been my experience at FredMiranda.com. But even when you are an established seller, there is a chance that you will have to deal with a sperglord who wants a $200 discount because you do not have the original box of the item you are selling.

Alternatively, B&H will buy your junk, but at lowball prices - 30% below what the rate is at FedMiranda. The good news is that B&H is hassle-free.

Either way, I would still list the item you want to sell ITT.

Anybody interested in a Leica Apo-Telyt-R 180/3.4 ($550) or an Apo-Extender-R 2x ($300)?
https://imgur.com/a/i2XK5kH

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Does anybody have any experience with buying used gear from acephoto.net or nycv.com?

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

For sale: Zeiss/Hasselblad Sonnar 5.6/250 mm Superachromat CF

Body: 8
Optics: 9

I bought this lens a few months ago and I used it adapted a Sony body, so I can only comment in that context. There were two issues that are worth noting, although I think they do not inhibit operation.

1. While using the lens in F mode, about once a month, the lens aperture would get stuck wide open. Nothing would return control over the aperture until I would switch out of F mode (which would trigger the lens shutter to get shut) and then manually cock the shutter. I have since then concluded that this is caused by the adapter that I am using to mount the lens on the non-native body. Without the adapter, I was not able to recreate the problem, which confirms my hypothesis.

2. In the first few days, I would hear a very faint grinding noise as I focused between 7 and 10 meters. This grinding noise was only audible when the lens was horizontal, not when it was in vertical orientation. Having used the lens many times now, the noise has disappeared.

So why on earth would I buy this lens only to release it again?

Earlier this year, I wanted an apo tele between 250 and 350 mm for my Sony with an uncompromising manual focus experience. During that same time, I was also contemplating jumping into medium format, and since the Hasselblad system was an obvious favorite, I figured that the 250 mm SA could serve me on both systems. While I have no regrets with the purchase, after doing more reading, I concluded that the Mamiya RZ system would be a better fit for me. And having now purchased the RZ system, I have bonded with it more quickly than with any other system, so there is no need to keep the Hasselblad.

Caps and shade included. Price includes Paypal fees and shipping in ConUS.

More pictures at: https://geza.zenfolio.com/p1026290906

Goon price of $1650.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

For sale: Zeiss/Hasselblad Sonnar 5.6/250 mm Superachromat CF

Body: 8
Optics: 9

Caps and shade included. Price includes Paypal fees and shipping in ConUS.

More pictures at: https://geza.zenfolio.com/p1026290906

Goon price: $1250.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Wild EEPROM posted:

Any interest on:

- Fujifilm Astia 100 in 120 format

Yes! How many rolls and what price are you thinking?

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Wild EEPROM posted:

- Fujifilm Astia 100 in 120 format
$18/roll - 8 available - Expiry 2013-11

I'll take all 8 if you are willing to ship to CA, USA. Let me know how much shipping is and what your paypal address is.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I can confirm that Wild EEPROM was a pleasure to deal with when I bought his rolls of Astia in 120. I didn't want to be selfish, so I didn't take the rolls of 160NS. But seeing that they are still available, I think I will grab them as well.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Wild EEPROM is awesome, and people can/should buy his stuff with confidence.

Edit: I bought expired film and it looks like it was expertly stored because the resulting negatives look like they haven't aged a single day.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 17, 2021

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

As a ~ƪ(ړײ)‎ƪ~​​69~ƪ(ړײ)‎ƪ~​​ haver (GW690II + RZ67), verify that she is serious. The RZ has grown on me very quickly, averaging a roll a week over the last year. But the weight and the aspect ratio made me curious about the Fuji. The fixed lens is a downer, and the lack of a bulb setting is just insane, but boy is it easier to carry around and use hand-held.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

You'll also need to verify that the focal plane shutter is in good shape. One thing I like about leaf shutters is that I can easily replace it by simply buying a new lens.

Edit: But I realize that there are certain lenses that cost more than certain camera bodies. The 350 mm superachromat comes to mind.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 8, 2021

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Tortilla Maker posted:

Most definitely a Hail Mary request. She hasn't shot medium format and I think it's just something that piqued her interest. She's going to rent one after the Thanksgiving holiday to actually see if she likes the format.

That said, she also threw in a Mamiya RB67 as a budget option (lol) and an RZ67 as another for the dream list. Funny sibling.

She's got taste. Renting is definitely the way to go. If she has shot full frame film, perhaps she already has a scanner that can be used for medium format? If not, don't forget to add something to scan the negatives. I started out with film last year, and while I had every intention to deal with lab scans in my first year of film, the results were so dog poo poo that I bought a scanner after my literal second roll of film and I never regretted it. Since I do quite a bit of semiconductor manufacturing at work (which includes photo lithography), I would never do my own developing as it would remind me too much of work, but perhaps she would enjoy that too. It's a slippery slope.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

If anybody wants a monochrome converted A7R3, have a look at my ad here (you don't have to be a member there to read all the details): https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1739104
- Working A7R3
- Corroded body, electronics are working
- Sensor defect

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Marklar posted:

What are everyone's suggestions for selling gear of higher value? I have an R5 and an RF 24-105L that I will be selling. I'll probably do eBay (though that can be adventurous, and high fees), because I feel like there is somewhat of a safety net compared to FB Marketplace. I contacted MBP but their quote was really low. Same with KEH.

Have you tried Fredmiranda? You'll definitely get lowball offers, but you might get the asking price if you are willing to wait.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

MPB sold me an EX A7R3 that upon closer inspection (opening the body) had a corroded body, likely from salt water getting in.

All other purchases from them have been great though.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Long shot, but would any 503CW owner be interested in trading for my RZ67 Pro II (body, two backs, 110 mm 210 mm Apo, 360 mm Apo, metered prism included)?

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

bobmarleysghost posted:

I'll trade you my 500CM with a 50/150/80 setup if ya want

Thanks, but I really want a camera with the gliding mirrors gizmo for the once-a-year shot with a 250 mm.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

eggsovereasy posted:

you can get that with a 501cm, iirc the big feature of the 503 series is ttl flash.

also i've read things saying the vignetting is overstated. longest lens i have is a 150mm though so i don't really know, but the 150mm is fine on my 500cm. I have an acute matte d screen though

Yes, a 501CM is also an option I would consider. In fact, I am also considering a 2000 FCW. I know their shutters can't be serviced, but I am really curious about the 110 mm F/2 lens. I used to laugh at character lenses, but ever since I have been absorbing other people's work, I am pro character.

I saw pictures showing the vignetting (http://www.dmin-dmax.fr/photoe2f.htm), and while I agree that it is not so bad, I would much rather not have to deal with it. The 503CW is also a bit more recent, so I would expect fewer issues.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

RZ67ProII kit

RZ67 Pro II, WLF, A4 focusing screen, Sekor Z 110 mm f/2.8 W, lens hood/caps, two 6x7 Pro II backs, two filters (Breakthrough 3-stop ND, B+W basic red dark 630).
The spacing on one of the backs is a bit worse than the other, but I have never seen an overlapping frame nor have I seen any light leaks (after many rolls of Delta 3200). Bellows is smooth all the way.

Apo-Sekor Z 210 mm f/4.5 with lens hood/caps:
This lens has a habit of triggering the leaf shutter, even when you don't push the exposure button on the body. No exposure is taken (the mirror stays down), and it is trivial to see when the leaf shutter has been fired because you won't see anything through the finder/prism. When this happens, I put on the lens cap, set the body to multi-exposure, take a 1/400 s exposure at f/16, and recock the shutter (film does not advance). Alternatively it would be possible to take the lens off the body, but that seems more cumbersome to me.
The glass has no scratches/haze/fungus and there is no oil on the blades. Aperture stops click nicely.

Apo-Sekor Z 350 mm f/5.6 with support rail and caps, no hood:
The glass has no scratches/haze/fungus and there is no oil on the blades. Aperture stops click nicely.

AE II metered prism (FE701):
Rubber eye cup, FD701 magnifier, and (broken) plastic cover are included. The spot meter agrees with my Sekonic L-608 and my A7R3. There are a couple of minor wear marks and there is some dust on the inside. The rubber eyecup of the meter is bent out of shape a bit.

Goon price: $2000 (price includes shipping and I absorb paypal fees). Willing to ship to AK/HI/territories and Canada. Local pickup in Santa Barbara gets a $150 discount. Hassle-free returns.

Will leave for travel tomorrow, and I promise to get back to your PMs when I return (~6/9) before listing it elsewhere.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

RZ67ProII kit

RZ67 Pro II, WLF, A4 focusing screen, Sekor Z 110 mm f/2.8 W, lens hood/caps, two 6x7 Pro II backs, two filters (Breakthrough 3-stop ND, B+W basic red dark 630).
The spacing on one of the backs is a bit worse than the other, but I have never seen an overlapping frame nor have I seen any light leaks (after many rolls of Delta 3200). Bellows is smooth all the way.

Apo-Sekor Z 210 mm f/4.5 with lens hood/caps:
This lens has a habit of triggering the leaf shutter, even when you don't push the exposure button on the body. No exposure is taken (the mirror stays down), and it is trivial to see when the leaf shutter has been fired because you won't see anything through the finder/prism. When this happens, I put on the lens cap, set the body to multi-exposure, take a 1/400 s exposure at f/16, and recock the shutter (film does not advance). Alternatively it would be possible to take the lens off the body, but that seems more cumbersome to me.

Apo-Sekor Z 350 mm f/5.6 with support rail and caps, no hood:

AE II metered prism (FE701):
Rubber eye cup, FD701 magnifier, and (broken) plastic cover are included. The spot meter agrees with my Sekonic L-608 and my A7R3. There are a couple of minor wear marks and there is some dust on the inside. The rubber eyecup of the meter is bent out of shape a bit.

Goon price: $2000 (price includes shipping and I absorb paypal fees). Willing to ship to AK/HI/territories and Canada. Local pickup in Santa Barbara gets a $150 discount. Hassle-free returns.

Will leave for travel tomorrow, and I promise to get back to your PMs when I return (~6/9) before listing it elsewhere.

Last call at $1800.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Taking the discussion to PMs.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Anyone interested in a Canon 2x extender III? With caps, pouch, box, and papers. Will post pics tomorrow, but expect optical perfection with minimal wear on body. Asking $200 and I cover shipping and PP fees.
SOLD to Atlatl

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 12, 2022

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Atlatl posted:

almost forgot to mention I got hungerian's extender, no problems, fast shipping (I was on two weeks of travel prior), perfect condition

:hfive:

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Anyone interested in a GW690II? CLA was done over 1.5 years ago, but even so T mode does not work and 1 s shutter is closer to 1.5 s or 2 s.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

Anyone interested in a GW690II? CLA was done over 1.5 years ago, but even so T mode does not work and 1 s shutter is closer to 1.5 s or 2 s.

Any interest at $400? I absorb shipping and pp fees.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I am trying to unload:

Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AI-s: $100
Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AI-s: $300
Hasselblad 60-120 mm f/4.8 FE (does not have a shutter, so it will not work on 500-series cameras, only on 200/2000 cameras with a focal plane shutter): $600

PM me if you are interested and please make an offer if the prices don't seem right.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

I am trying to unload:

Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AI-s: $100
Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AI-s: $300
Hasselblad 60-120 mm f/4.8 FE (does not have a shutter, so it will not work on 500-series cameras, only on 200/2000 cameras with a focal plane shutter): $600

PM me if you are interested and please make an offer if the prices don't seem right.

Update: I am more interested in passing these on to a good home than I am in profit, so if you are even slightly interested, make an offer that covers shipping and fees and I will likely accept it.

Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AI-s, lens + caps: $100
Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AI-s, lens + caps: $300
Hasselblad 60-120 mm f/4.8 FE, lens + caps + filter retaining ring + (UV?) filter: $500
Leica Apo-extender-R 2x (non-ROM version), extender + caps: $200
Hasselblad 50 mm f/4 Distagon T* in chrome barrel, small coating marks on front element, lens + caps (front cap does not fit by itself but ) + shade: $150
Manfrotto Befree advanced aluminum + 3 quick release plates: $75 Sold to Cognac

Edit: I will ship to Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, ...

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 7, 2024