Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This little kid watched me play Monster Hunter on my flight and kept asking questions. Then he told his dad he wanted the game. I kept trying to emphasize how much poo poo there is to keep track of and how the controls are tricky to get used to and that he shouldn't get it unless he felt like dealing with that, because I don't think a kid could really get a handle on this game. But he still told his dad "I found a new game I want. It's called Monster Hunter 4 and you hunt dragons and giant spiders and it takes fifteen to twenty minutes to fight them."

I hope he has a good time and doesn't get too frustrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like FF Explorers.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

also play monster hunter x with me if you have it, and i still play mh4u but no one is ever on at the same time

I want to play 4U but I've been really busy the past week or two :( will probably have time Saturday afternoon/evening EST, I'll even have a new couch to sit on while hunting if everything goes according to plan. Right now my problem is that as I'm hitting the end of the G-Rank MP progression I just need lots of random poo poo, and having to bounce from room to room makes it take forever especially if you get stuck with lovely hunters. Last night I saw someone run up next to a Furious Rajang and just hold the block button. With a Great Sword. Also she was wearing Kushala armor which has hella bad thunder resistance :negative:

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

I like FF Explorers.

we should play 2gether

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

drat I was hoping it would be more awesome, I guess I'll just get friends over for Crystal Chronicles instead

four player FFCC was dope, too bad nobody here has the time and equipment to pull that off again

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is it possible to play FFCC online with dolphin?

we should play 2gether

Ya. My FC is in the sticky thread. I won't be on tonight because I'm going to a basketball game (ftw) but I'll be down tomorrow and Saturday for sure.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
2492-4259-4683 It's this. Kazvail hasn't updated the tag thread in a bit, so if you are a MH4U or FFE player, please add me and post your number here so I can return the favor and we can game. Thanks and have fun gaming

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

do you guys feel bad for the monsters you destroy

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

tumor looking batty posted:

no because they are in seemingly no danger of ever going extinct, in fact I think the monsters outnumber humanity in this world. there are at least like overgrown ruins of lost civilizations and poo poo, and every vehicle and city needs a giant spear cannon to fight off the largest monsters.

NickRoweFillea posted:

2492-4259-4683 It's this. Kazvail hasn't updated the tag thread in a bit, so if you are a MH4U or FFE player, please add me and post your number here so I can return the favor and we can game. Thanks and have fun gaming

I think I added you a while back but dunno if I gave you mine, it's 3969-5882-2514 for any interested parties

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i honor their memory by wearing them as clothes

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

drat.. never thought about this.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

get ready for how ownage my fc is: 3883 (easy to remember, internal symmetry) 9139 (the stinker of the group, but still starts and ends in 9) 6969 (dang!)
3883-9139-6969
thats me, i have another friend code also that is in the tag thread, but its old and this is the one you should use.

also yes i feel a little bad about killing the mons. i don't really see most of them as a threat to people and many times you see them with their young or eggs/nests. They have intricate animations to portray a wide range of suffering, and most have multiple parts of their bodies that can be wounded, ripped off or shattered. the poor things, i mean when you think about it theres no way we, as the players/hunters are not the villains of this universe. i think theres a new game coming out in the series thats like an action rpg set in a village where the people just became friends with the monsters instead of hunting them, and they encounter hunters and think they are barbaric. with that additional backstory, its hard to deny how immoral we are

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Taint reaper was really good at this game

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The frantic scrabbling of kecha wacha when you knock him over is distressing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

also yes i feel a little bad about killing the mons. i don't really see most of them as a threat to people and many times you see them with their young or eggs/nests. They have intricate animations to portray a wide range of suffering, and most have multiple parts of their bodies that can be wounded, ripped off or shattered. the poor things, i mean when you think about it theres no way we, as the players/hunters are not the villains of this universe. i think theres a new game coming out in the series thats like an action rpg set in a village where the people just became friends with the monsters instead of hunting them, and they encounter hunters and think they are barbaric. with that additional backstory, its hard to deny how immoral we are

please source your quotes

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the real monsters... are us

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i don't really see most of them as a threat to people and many times you see them with their young or eggs/nests.

in MH4 you can force the rathian to immediately come to the nest area by picking up the wyvern eggs and breaking them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

in MH4 you can force the rathian to immediately come to the nest area by picking up the wyvern eggs and breaking them

the poor rathian..:twisted:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
gently caress rathian.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

no because they keep coming back. and sometimes they make me really mad!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
who wants to hunt tonight? I kind of want competent players to beat Gogma with but I'm willing to do whatever too, i have a ton of different stuff to grind

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 31, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sorry i went to a party and passed out, im on a strangers couch in a daze and NOWHERE near my 3ds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bob makes an rear end out of himself at a party, wakes up in a strange place and immediately checks the imp zone for what he missed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i took an uber home

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

i took an uber home

Lol.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thank you for not trying to drive home drunk to kill anime monsters with me. I probably have some time this afternoon tbh

E: also i got that Dalamadur gem and thanks to a timely Contrary Scale drop I finally made the max level Ceadeus CB :toot: then i realized there are fewer monsters that are weak to water than I remembered. oh well, it's still beastly

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 31, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

Bob makes an rear end out of himself at a party, wakes up in a strange place and immediately checks the imp zone for what he missed

imp zone is important to me too

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I've been ignoring the calls for hunters because 1) I rarely have time to sink into MH when I'm also near a good wifi signal and 2) I'm still in HR I don't even know what a dalmadur is. I got all my key quests done for 4 star but had to go before my group could do the pink rath urgent so that was a bummer.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Look should I get this game if I don't have a new 3ds?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
You don't need the nubbin and the new 3ds won't run it at a higher fps or anything.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought it ran it better

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I feel like all the people telling me a normal 3DS can run this fine are loving with me and desperately want new hunters to bro op with or something.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want the loving truth

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Black Baby Goku posted:

Look should I get this game if I don't have a new 3ds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHVT0BMojk

tl;dw - Slightly better framerate and textures, but it's perfectly playable on a reg 3DS. the n3DS nub is handy for camera work but you can emulate that in-game with a control pad on the touch screen.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm thinking of buying this along with fantasy life

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Black Baby Goku posted:

do it, this game is rad and there probably won't be another MH game outside of Japan until the end of 2016 at the absolute earliest. i bought this day 1 in the US and 240 hours later I'm just reaching the endgame content, there's a lot you can do here.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

you can kill "ridley" to get parts for crafting Samus' varia suit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i also use the lock on way more than i use the cstick nub and forget its even there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i got the huge rear end extra stick extension for my 3DS XL only for this game (and a bit for resident evil) and it owns. i definitely recommend that if you're fine with making your handheld huge for gaming

• Locked thread