Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
The first episode of this was cool, interesting set up for the rest of the show. How many episodes is this going to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm pretty hooked on this, it's great. I almost want to just read the manga right now to carry on with it

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Am I missing something - Why isn't anyone mentioning the dead (or at least heavily battered and unconscious) child on Hinazuki's living room floor, at the same time as Satoru is searching for the missing Kayo? :confused:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Kytrarewn posted:

In which case the last 5 episodes would be "Oh poo poo, Hiromi dies too, doesn't he"?

I guess Satoru finally realised that since Hiromi was also there. What about the other kid that we don't see, doesn't Satoru care about them :(

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I suspect that all of the stuff to do with Yashiro is a red herring. The sweets in his car seem weird at first, but this guy is a teacher who the victims all know and trust - he'd have absolutely no need to use them as some sort of bait. Even the idea of a killer using them as bait for kids seems a bit ridiculous really, the kids aren't dumb

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Pavlov posted:

Teacher is guilty by virtue of being he only young adult male in the whole timeperiod.
I'd be a bit disappointed if that were the case I think. I suppose I'd also be disappointed if it's somebody we haven't even seen, though.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

esselfortium posted:

Yeah, it seems to be just a translation error. The name is written as 八代学, it's Gaku Yashiro.

I've just been reading Qualia the Purple, and the main character is called Gaku by her friend though her actual name is Manabu. I don't think it's an error, more like an alternative name or nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Kytrarewn posted:

If this were an American serial-killer show, they'd be going on and on about the method of murder and victim selection and how it reflects on some trauma the killer suffered.

He definitely seems to have a predilection for killing children through exposure to cold... throwing the car into a freezing-cold lake in the middle, freezing Kayo to death with his atomizer, etc... I wonder what, if anything, that suggests.

Also, given the temperature of the water, and how far away from anything resembling civilization this whole thing took place, isn't Satoru pretty well hosed, even should he manage to escape the seat belt, find something to break the window of the car, get out of the car, and swim in the right direction to reach the surface?
My guess his revival thing will kick in and either he'll go back to before it happened or we'll be back into the present time period

• Locked thread