Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I hope the season ends with Jaha finally managing to sacrifice himself for the greater good and waking up as an AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

133 people and 1 dead AI

6 people and just as Clarke is about to destroy they what they think is just the one AI it's revealed there are millions of AI's existing in the system. And she destroys it.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Lycus posted:

I like how Indra went from the Sky People's biggest hater to their biggest Grounder ally.

And not going 'amazing, a horseless carriage' in that terrain buggy.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Spergatory posted:

She died in a pretty awful way, too. I mean, there's no good death, but some are definitely less bad than others, and melting has to rank pretty highly on the bad list. In his arms, too. I'm surprised he didn't have to change shirts before he left Mount Weather, because "uhh, dude, you've got some... you've got a little... uhhh, Maya, on you." :stare:

Jasper had also been kind of gloating over over Dr. Tsing dying horribly when exposed to radiation so he knows exactly how bad a death it was. Plenty there to gently caress someone up for years to come, I'm suprised they have no therapists in Arkadia. Living on the Ark for decades would have made plenty of professional help to not go mad an absolute must.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Lycus posted:

That skyscraper can't be safe.

It's more the angry Charles Vane and Genghis Clarke locked up then structural integrity that's the issue here.

Also, did Farming Station crew not have any guns when they landed ? They seem to have adapted well as machete wielding marauders but still they seem to have gotten a bad deal there.

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 29, 2016

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

A good poster posted:

Were there any guns on the station? I thought the main group of Sky People got their guns from Mount Weather and the armory bunker on the way there. The Farming Station probably didn't land anywhere near anything like that.

The Arkers have those futuristic looking RONI pistol-carbines which I think they brought down with them. With so many space stations in orbit also armed with nuclear missiles I guess the nations' militaries had a presence in space too.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Called that one

So who were those ambassadors around the Ice Queen? I'm having trouble keeping track of what just happened.

At least four of them were clan leaders that were at the meeting when Lexa floated the Ice Nation guy.

Big guy on the left, Dumbledore in the back, Bob Marley and braid woman on the right were all there when Ice Queen made her Disney Villain entrance. That's just more people for Clarke to kill really.
Ice Nation's scheme was quite brilliant, they dangled the GROUNDER BETRAYAL in front of Pike who bit immediately. He's too much written as a foil to realize it though.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Some promos are out with Lexa fighting Roan in an arena after the Ice Queen coup and I couldn't be more hyped. The Defenestration Of Polis has set things in motion that won't end soon.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The Season 3 CW Syndrome is starting to get visible here. New characters that are just a variation of a departed character. Established characters suddenly behaving differently for drama's sake. Other characters not appearing at all for several episodes without explanation. I really hope this PIKE/TRUMP/FINN 2016 thing does not start taking all the show's time. Everything in Polis was loving awesome from Lexa showing everyone just who's the boss to Clarke trying to save Lexa behind with murder sleeves and some good world building. The whole black blood Commander thing is a really cool way to explain it beyond spirits choosing the next Commander. Some rare blood mutation that may have a small advantage in strength or stamina, easly recognized and the ones with it being trained from childhood makes sense within the world.

It's a bit of a problem for the show as a whole that most of the good stuff depends on a guest star who's on a big other show as well. When FTWD starts it will be painful to watch Lexa as a rather useless teenager instead of chopping heads left and right.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Johnny Truant posted:

:agreed:

So does tonight's episode open with grounder slaughter 2.0? Taking bets, taking bets...

My bet is that PikeKru arrives to find the Grounders already dead at the hands of some other force who have guns. Then you have all the drama of getting the blame without turning Bellamy into a new Finn and they can go to find Indra who is in the hands of this new foe to clear them.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

VagueRant posted:

Clarke's whole "give peace a chance" thing rings real loving hollow when the obvious answer to that is "we did! and it didn't work!" I mean is Lexa supposed to let it go as Pike wipes out villages to secure his perimeter? But yeah, the Arkers did indeed vote for this and they deserve to be burned to the ground for their stupidity.

It's good to remember all the decent people on the Ark are dead, they volunteered to sacrifice themselves in season 1.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

TyrantWD posted:

The first stupid decision Pike made, given the information available to him, is to think he can expand their territory by 15km with the limited resources they have.

They can't even properly secure Arkadia with people slipping in and out unnoticed all the time.

Also, great work on the cinematography this episode with all the clouds over the mountains behind Octavia at the massacre site and the general grey fog over Arkadia to match the dreary atmosphere there. Things looked so bright and beautiful when Abby first got out after landing in season 1.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Hobo posted:

Making bullets (or rounds more importantly) involves a lot more than just melting down scrap metal.

And in a show where deciding to use their propellant for a bomb was a major plot point.

It's probably 3D printers making stuff.

Better not think too much, for instance where all these people who were born on the Ark learned to shoot so well. Was there a Firing Range Station ?

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
ALIE is pretty sharp to switch from crazy Jaha preaching to healing Raven of her pain which will be a massive encouragement to everyone who has seen how bad she was doing. Finally Raven wil have a chance to smile and be happy and it will on the whole be a really bad thing. drat you show !

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Tyree posted:

I like how Pike massacres the treekru, lucks out with lexa calling a cease fire, then immediately decides to murder more people.

And it's not at all needed. The Ark has tons of technology to set up manufacturing, they could simply buy scrap metal and sell knives, nails and other poo poo and they'd be swimming in food in no time. But no, Mr. Lebensraum just has to cleanse the Ostland of its subhumans so they can go farming there and be in touch with the land like it's meant to be. As much as Pike is a poo poo I like how his motivations are Darré's Blood And Soil ideology. Eugenics and selective breeding are probably not for away under #Pike2016.

Things are really starting to fall into place and I'm totally over my reservations of the start of the season. Are the Commanders linked to the other Polaris AI through their black blood ? Is Roger Cross talking in Lexa's head and does he want to save or destroy Arkadia ? Or it is Titus who is linked and who has been manipulating the Commanders as a Grand Vizier ?

And is that Titus with a gun in the promo shooting at Clarke, Lexa or both of them ? Goddammn, why do I need to wait a week ?

Top moment: Finn got a posthumous kick in the balls now the only person who cared for him at the end has forgotten she ever knew him.

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 26, 2016

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

The Iron Rose posted:

also pike is right, Arkadia's survival depended upon Lexa's benevolence, and they can't rely on that anymore. It must become a power in its own right.

Buuuuut needless antagonism won't help anyone. Securing long term agriculture and expanding territory is essential, wiping out the peacekeeping army was not.

Funnily enough, if they attacked now in the wake of Lexa's death, it'd actually have been justifiable.

Pretty sure that Ontari will become the next commander when she kills all the Nightbloods and Clarke will kill her for the chip to be with Lexa forever in City Of Light 1.0.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Where the hell is Abby right now???

Shooting episodes for Person of Interest I hope.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Troposphere posted:

According to GLAAD’s 2015 report of “Where We Are On TV” of the 881 regular characters expected to appear on broadcast primetime programming this year, 4% were identified as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. There were 23 lesbian characters, 33 gay characters, 12 bisexual females, and 2 bisexual males.
In 2015 there were only 35 fictional wlw characters on television and 80 days into 2016 they’ve killed 10 of them.

The GLAAD report deals with regular characters, not guest or recurring ones, there have been way more then 881 characters on TV in 2015. Those characters usually die once their contract ends or their actor becomes unavailable, it's the easiest way for the writers not to have to explain constantly how character X is doing and why she is not in this episode where she would be logical to a appear.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

DarkCrawler posted:

Dubbed, but the acting was still awesome

Her ALIE was scary and I'm feeling bad for wanting Raven go back to her original self with all that pain.

quote:

Murphy is the best. See Clarke, this is the sort of poo poo a proper barbarian hero would be doing right now. I also think Ontari is great, a psycho killer in a society of psycho killers would act exactly like she is acting.

Ontari is completely lost after years of preparation all went down the drain , that Clarke bitch first killes her Ice Queen and then steals the AI chip.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
They dropped the ball by not closing with the Radioactive song.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
S4 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3koIh0Izwk

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Oh hey, it's time for the annual Clarke Griffin Genocide.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rocksicles posted:

She said Polis had collapsed on top of the bunker.

Good thing a ship from an asteroid mining penal colony just showed up !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I believe ________Octavia would require another '6 years and 7 days' timeskip to be as old as the actor.

• Locked thread