Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GROUND FLOOR

oh god the ground floor is flooded with the blood of Clarke's victims i'm drowning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

I don't remember there being enough dicks in American Gods for it to really get the proper Starz experience, but the channel is good news! Been a while since I read the book, I should rummage through the shelves for it.

So, does tonight's episode end with Clarke and the Commander making out?

I'm holding out for Clarke and Raven.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

Clarke and Lexa are gonna have some bombass makeup sex

Probably. It's also pretty clear that Bellamy has some pretty strong feelings for ol' Murderpants.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo that had weighted pulley descenders in Robin Hood, the Grounders can probably figure out some simple physics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'll be the first to say it I guess. I haven't really enjoyed the past 2 episodes. Something about the pacing just seems real off to me.

:getout:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is the most metal show ever. And I loving loved Clarke's Warrior Princess outfit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

l am a Kane Superfan and am glad he's Chancellor again. He is the most deserving of the role (and thank God they didn't tween out and give to Clarke so she could be Teen President for reasons).

I just want him and Abby to hook the gently caress up already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Octavia lived under the loving floorboards. She was hosed up from the beginning and took to the ground better than most of the Arkers. Of course she found the Grounders to be kindred spirits, the Arkers hated her and she hated most of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That's now. Everything with Octavia's training was during like 3 episodes.

She sleeps on the ground now man. She's hard as poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

So Jaha literally landed in The Forbidden Zone from Planet of the Apes!

When the angry gorilla showed up last year I was so bummed out that he didn't speak.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

a lot of people are pissed Bellamy isn't the main character and it makes me really hope he dies this season

You shut your whore mouth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

I hope lexa does it :smug:

YOU BASTARD.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Season 3 of Arrow was bad and Season 4 is great.

So by that math season 4 of the 100 will involve a war with Martians.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

Veronica Mars is okay, but it doesn't hold a candle to Buffy or Dawson's Creek. Unlike those shows and this one, Veronica Mars has a very "neat karmic package" aspect to it, where the others were about subverting genre expectations and life not being fair.

Hahahaha all credibility lost.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

Whatever. I have no nostalgia for the show and watched it for the first time in my mid 20s. It's a show about storytelling. It's not an accident that Dawson is obsessed with movies and that every other episode is a reference to famous film or storytelling technique. It definitely has lovely episodes, but you're comparing it Veronica Mars.

Here is what a "biker gang" looks like in Veronica Mars

fuckin lol.

edit: But since I'd rather do anything that prepare for class, more about Dawson:

I like Dawson's Creek because it's a show where the main character is obsessed with films and the stories they tell. He tries to tell his own stories and he basically has to struggle with his voice as an artist and what it's missing. He struggles to interpret the films that he watches, and he doesn't recognize how his flaws as a human color his attempts to make his own films. Through the course of the show, the dissonance between how the lives of characters in films unfold, compared to his own life, forms the basis of him maturing both as a person and an artist. Like in the 100, it's common for the characters in Dawson's Creek to express their frustration with their perception of the causes of their suffering. But it's never really an omnipotent "This is the writers talking through the character to preach about the way things are" but rather "this is how a person in this situation acts because of the lessons they've learned from the events of their life". I don't think I've made it a secret that this type of storytelling appeals to me. Veronica Mars does not scratch that itch for me.

I never compared it to VM, you're the only one holding up DC as come bastion of good story telling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, Raven took the blue pill.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Indra says something about using guns though, maybe the Grounders have a cache somewhere but they are forbidden?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spergatory posted:

Today, on 'things I can't believe I didn't notice sooner'; I always figured they were smashing the zeroes together in the logo because it looks cool--which, you know, it does-- but as it turns out, there might be more to it. When you smoosh two zeroes together, it just so happens to form a certain sacred symbol...

ALIE has been with us from the very beginning. :tinfoil:

:psyduck:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, are people really upset over the Polis/Polaris naming?

I bet you assholes hate Star Trek the Motion Picture as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Not really, just thought it was a goofy bait and switch

It's not a bait and switch though. They take the names of their villages from broken names, there was never anything connecting it to Annapolis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Monicro posted:

TonDC = Washington DC

Polis = Annapolis

:confused:

I'm not sure if it was intentional or hamfisted if it was, but it was a perfectly reasonable guess to make

We never saw a sign for Annapolis. Not once.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I can't believe this dude is so up in arms about a city name and people who are upset about a character dying are considered too invested

I AM SO INVESTED.

Mostly I'm already tired of the bitching about Lexa's death so I'm complaining about other poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never said it wasn't a reasonable guess, I said it wasn't a loving bait and switch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

Tara was standing on the second floor of a building kind of by a window and happened to get shot by the most random of bullets that never looked like it was even fired at an angle to hit her.

JossWhedon.txt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"All my lesbian friends have banged dudes."

Is the kind of reactions I'm seeing elsewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

gross. lot's of lesbians have definitely had sex with men before they figured out they were gay, sure. if clarke decides that hey I don't like men after all! I will take back all the bad things I've said. well, maybe not. I would if she also killed bellamy.

I mean, I got wasted with a lesbian friend of mine and we had sex but the next morning she was not happy with herself.

A question though, if Clarke does end up with Bellamy will that enrage the fanbase?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jfood posted:

What if Lexa is straight, but the ai controlling her brain is gay?

Jesus, if the new Commander is like "hey hey hey Clarke" it might cause riots.

zoux posted:

Again, must gay characters be immortal and exempt from having bad things happen to them?

I also want to know this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, aren't all Commanders women?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

get away with it as in not have any backlash or criticism

And here I thought it was like the masked villain in a Scooby Doo episode.

"WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH KILLING ALL THOSE LESBIANS IF NOT FOR YOU MEDDLING KIDS"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just imagine if every white 20-something straight male flew into a rage every time one of his own died in a film or tv show.

I'm not belittling, I'm saying imagine how hilarious it would be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

only if that gay person had taken her place. it's kinda like the walking dead black highlander rules

Michonne isn't gay though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shhhh, you'll ruin it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

If she had been shot, but had gone into a coma instead of flat out dying, would that have been better in terms of representation?

Maybe they could have stuck her into some manner of cryogenic storage at Arkadia...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Monicro posted:

enraged_camel did you really not read enough of their posts in this whole argument to figure out that she's a woman

It's doubtful. He has a history of being an idiot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am also curious, do LGBT fans get angry when the actor/actress playing the gay character is not gay in real life?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Luvcow posted:

make it easier on yourself and switch LGBT with black and maybe the empathy will appear

No I am genuinely curious if there's a backlash or anything. Like the wheelchair kid on Glee, didn't he get a poo poo ton of flack when people found out he wasn't actually crippled?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Iron Rose posted:

Oh jesus christ

Based on some of the discussions here and on social media I feel it is a valid question.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, some do. It's not a single group with a hive mind.

I never assumed as much. I guess as a straight white guy it's harder for me to wrap my head around it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Plus there's a pretty distinct split between that LG and BT in lots of cases. Bisexuals and trans people get plenty of poo poo from some gays and lesbians too.

I'm not trying to lump everyone into one group, I'm just using the existing terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

If ratings are dropping its probably because someone decided this season needed to be "WOPR vs Skynet: Does anyone have a working tic-tac-toe program?"

The way the AI works with the Commander's blood means you have to scratch the game into her abs.

• Locked thread