Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

Things I am looking forward to:
2) How Jaha Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

3) Murphy's Adventures in Babysitting

Murphy in the swag bunker drinking and eating saltines while watching everyone else on CCTV would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

My hope for the story going forward is that Lexa's decision to make peace with the Mountain Men has caused serious dissension within the grounder ranks. Not only did they not get vengeance against the legendarily evil force that had been tormenting them for decades but one of the Sky People was able to almost single handily get it done it herself. That makes Lexa look really weak and foolish. I hope that there are many grounders who have grown to respect Clarke, maybe even revere her, for bringing down the Mountain Men.

Lycus posted:

I hope they're pissed when they find out that the Sky People won the battle. Lexa made them all look like cowards.

:agreed:

Boogaleeboo posted:

The Grounders are semi-feral tribal hillbillies that could get absolutely loving smoked by any reasonable advanced group that wanted to mess with them. Like they were literally a crop for Mt. Weather, that's how much all their warrior bullshit matters. They are walking potatoes. What did Olivia ever do to you that was so terrible you'd wish her leadership of those gently caress ups?

Numbers > *

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

OK!! Lets start the Clarke season 3 body count pool. I'm going with 500 minimum.

133 people and 1 dead AI

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Turning a nuke into an EMP is tradition.

This is the 100. Raven will turn it into a dozen smaller nukes each with the same payload as the original.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

haha the murphster getting weird in the swag bunker. what a way to start the season. the Jaha / Murphy plot is still the best.

Jasper stop being such a poo poo that Maya died. who gives a gently caress

edit: I did like that they mentioned that Lexa not killing the mountain men weakened her position, so the other tribes feel they can act more boldly.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 22, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

It doesn't make that much sense, since they have no reason to pose a threat to the grounders like the Mountain People did.
On the other hand, their betrayal makes a good case for turning on that fog and wiping them the gently caress out.

It makes sense because Mt Weather is basically where the boogeyman lived so the grounders would assume that anyone moving in would probably do more of the same poo poo.

They blew up the fog machine :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Astroman posted:

They drop cool poo poo, like the fact that Clarke did indeed dye her hair with berries. the blood of her enemies :black101:

this would have been a much better explanation

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hollylolly posted:

I really want some screenshots of the opening credits, and of Kane's map. :buddy:

The opening credits were also updated to include AI mansion and what is probably the city tower of light.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well it's too late to move in now since I assume no one cleaned out all the bodies.

Rocksicles posted:

Raven is Lt.Dan

hahaha

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Error 404 posted:

It makes a certain amount of sense.
If he goes in direct he either kills the innocent grounder lady or leaves a witness.
Everybody is looking for Clarke so not having any witnesses when he captures her makes strategic sense.

Yea but if he killed the trader girl, he would inherit her trading power :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

So I just realized, both Jasper and Raven have lost a significant other to the Swirling, All-Devouring Vortex of Death that is Clarke Griffin.

That's a solid foundation to build a relationship on, right? :dance:

Hopefully Jasper will just blow his own brains out. Or maybe he can stop being such a poo poo.

Either one will work for me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Murphy is the best because when he's the voice of reason, you hosed up real bad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Im gonna be straight, Jasper is acting like a little bitch.

Abby finally ordering everyone into Mt Weather :swoon: or at least to make use of the supplies it has inside idk.

I hope that Clarke gets the chance to gently caress Lexa over this season. Betrayal will not be forgiven :black101:

I am sad that the joint adventures of the Murphster and Jaha have come to an end. City of Light is some crazy AI resurrection matrix and I love it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pike is going to ruin everything with his hateful grounder ways. Clarke is going to have to come back and kill him Finn style :ese:

Or maybe he can focus his hate towards ice nation instead of trikru

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Antifreeze Head posted:

Lexa says the Ice People are marching on "Polis". In keeping with the way things are named in this show, maybe that is Minneapolis? I guess that could mean the Ice People are Canadians? If we really run with that, we have a lumber store called Rona, which doesn't take a lot to re-arrange to Roan.

This is now my head canon. Ice nation, eh? :canada:

or if they were just a regular modern day army because no one bothered to nuke Canada.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Personally, I only ship couples whose names combine to form real words. Craven, Clasper, Minty, Memory, and Aha! for life. :colbert: Bellamy's name sadly just doesn't fit with anyone, so I only ship Bellamy/Friendzone, or Bellendzone for short.

Murphy and clawhand girl

Maw

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Astroman posted:

Whelp so much for Mt Wx :shrug:

:rip: The biggest loss.

also haha that one Mt Weather guard who got away was the one giving the self destruct code. I knew he would be back and he didn't disappoint.

Everyone is a dick. gently caress Lexa, gently caress Ice nation. City of Light looking mighty good right about now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well I suddenly understand why Pyke is so militantly against the grounders in the season preview trailer. Literally all of Farm Station is now dead.

I think Pyke said that only 30ish people were there, while the original amount of Farm Station survivors was like 60. So half of them are dead! :v:

I'm coming around on Ice nation. They blew up Mt Weather so that no one could have it. And yea they are expanding now that their enemies(Lexa) are shown to be weak and betray their allies.

Ice Nation did nothing wrong? :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 5, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lycus posted:

It's not like you have to be the best fighter (probably Prince Roan) or the most devious strategist (probably Queen Nia) to be Commander. It's some reincarnation bullshit. Maybe the Ice Nation has the right idea.

It is going to turn out Ice Nation was right and Lexa really is a poo poo commander.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Octavia is hilarious.

She spent like a week and a half with Indra and now she's always talking about the Ark people as 'them' and how she doesn't belong.

It's the old college spring break coming back with an accent joke. I'd almost think it was intentional, but it seems to be played straight.

ya it feels oddly racist too. she stops liking lincoln because he's giving up his grounder ways to live with "them"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They need to just keep Jasper locked in a room somewhere.

Hopefully for a long time. without food.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is all so forced, so contrived. I'm so disappointed.

Troposphere posted:

can I trade pike for jaha? I'm sorry I made fun of you jaha please come back you were way better than this douche

These last 2 episodes needed a lot more of Jaha's wild ride. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm still chuckling at Abby and Kane tossing the Chancellor pin back and forth, then Pike comes up out of nowhere and snatches it while dunking on those 2 nerds. :slick:

also I thought the Chancellor still had to vote on stuff and wasn't just a dictator.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I know it won't happen, but it would be pretty great if the 10 dudes Pike took with him to attack the grounder army were wiped out completely. Turns out they aren't so easy to ambush and numbers > guns.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VagueRant posted:

- "my first act as chancellor is that there are no more elections and i am chancellor forever and also you have to give me all your toys"

my god...

they would have to do it too. he's the chancellor!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe all the Arkadia stuff was just a simulation the AI is running in the city of light. maybe :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Noctone posted:

What I liked is that Arkadia apparently has a system of government where someone can commit treason and then hours later be on the ballot for Chancellor. That's definitely not a system that is ripe for abuse.

Ya but he pardoned himself so it's like he never committed treason in the first place :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Also, since we haven't seen Jaha in 2 episodes, I assume we're up for an episode that's all about him. :barf:

Yea it would be nice to have a good episode after these last 2 :getin:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

that pic of Jaha, Alie and Pike.

poo poo is gonna get awesome :parrot:

also

Rhyno posted:

Hahahaha all credibility lost.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sneak Caine and Lincoln out of Arkadia and then kill everyone else. gently caress it who cares at this point.

Kwyndig posted:

Kill 'em all and let Jaha sort them out.

:black101:

Spergatory posted:

"Time to get back to work, Raven." :getin:

Clarke is totally pussy-whipping Lexa to save her people. I approve. Though this is probably not going to end well for Lexa. Like there is absolutely no way. I can totally see why Lexa would think it's a good idea (because Clarke is dangling the unspoken promise of cooch above her head) but absolutely no other grounder is going to go for this. Lexa's gonna die or get deposed for sure now.

Next week, everyone's favorite drug dealer Jaha spreads his combination super-opiate/alternate reality game to the good bad people of Arkadia!

Lexa is kinda stupid. You just narrowly avoided an open revolt after that vote of no confidence because you didn't attack Mt Weather and were shown to be soft. Clearly the best possible course of action is to do the same thing again. Ditching your allies in the Mt Weather attack was a dick move, but you are totally justified here Lexa. Kill them all. Ice Nation was right all along :colbert:

Kill Arkadia. Let's go City of Light!

I'm curious as to how that grounder patrol knew about the symbol(infinity?) on the city of light chip and what it means to them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TyrantWD posted:

3 months of peace after being back stabbed and left to die, and after Treekru engaged in biological warfare against a group of kids. Let's not forget that during these 3 months of peace, the grounders killed 2/3rds of the Farm Station and put out a bounty on the person who destroyed their biggest enemy.

The grounders have been making GBS threads on the Ark people ever since they hit the ground. Cage at least had a reason to kill them - grounders have been doing it just because they can. Treekru have killed more of the 100 than anyone else, and they were ready to let the Mountain Men kill the rest of them but people still want to give them a free pass.

Yea, but if you take that to the logical conclusion then the next episode should open with Arkadia being a flaming ruin with Pike's body crucified out front.

They should do that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VagueRant posted:

Clarke's whole "give peace a chance" thing rings real loving hollow when the obvious answer to that is "we did! and it didn't work!" I mean is Lexa supposed to let it go as Pike wipes out villages to secure his perimeter? But yeah, the Arkers did indeed vote for this and they deserve to be burned to the ground for their stupidity.

TyrantWD posted:

Finn went rogue and was a solo actor - the only other Sky person present tried to get him to stop. Pike and his 10 good men acted on behalf of the people of Arkadia, and were only able to carry out the attack after being voted chancellor after communicating to the people what he planned to do.

Had the group marched out of the gate when Lincoln tried to stop them, you could make the case for punishing the 10 attackers. Now however, you can't separate Pike's group from the rest of the camp. You punish everyone, or you pardon everyone.

These guys get it. :hfive:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Even Bellamy didn't realize the plan was to execute all of them. I think that while can certainly hold the voters morally responsible, it makes sense to hold the actual perpetrators of the crime to be held legally responsible.

Are you really suggesting that there should be no middle ground between punishing everyone who voted for Pike and no one?

Then he's an idiot. What did he think the ambush of their army was for? To scare them?

And TyrantWD is completely right. The people voted for Pike knowing exactly what he was going to do. Kill em all and let Alie sort them out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Of course Bellamy's an idiot. And so are the voters. They're all shortsighted idiots ruled by fear.

I think you are completely over-reaching when you suggest that the average voter had all this information. For one thing, we didn't see the election. We have seen the narrative that Bellamy and Pike have been spinning which is that all grounders are the same and that the have been at war with them since they landed. A majority of the Arkers have barely interacted with grounders at all, much-less have a clear understanding of the situation. So sure you could just call them all guilty, but the goal here is survival and that doesn't help.

It's a small camp. Word will spread fast that Pike was sent to jail for treason because he wanted to attack the army. Of course people are going to talk about it, seeing as he's the last minute candidate.

They knew what they were voting for and now it's time to pay.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jfood posted:

They had less guns and people than Arkadia. The grounder counter was a 'shield wall' that got lit the gently caress up and collapsed after maybe ten feet. Pike is right, you send two messages. One, that you're not to be hosed with. Two, questioning lesson one is loving stupid. Then you talk, on your terms.

Indra and Lexa talk quite openly how they're terrified of guns and don't have a counter.

Arkadia were making GBS threads their pants in fear of the grounder army in season 2. Guns aren't magically going to make Arkadia a power. They would definitely lose if it came to it.

Astroman posted:

Some of this can be blamed on the Grounders. Had they allowed the Arkers to move back into Mt Wx and not destroyed it and killed a bunch of Arkers, then the Arkers wouldn't have reason to be dicks. The Grounders feared the Arkers would become just like the Mountain Men; they made it happen anyway. Not saying Pike is justified, but it's a spiraling tragedy that could have been stopped at a lot of points.

Putting Pike in control of Mt Weather would have been fantastic! Definitely would have ended well for everyone involved.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jfood posted:

Arkadian Grunt: "Reich Chancellor Pike, the enemy are at our thirty foot high gates and they have brought sticks! STICKS!!'

Pike: "How could I have been so wrong... lay down your guns and drop all that homemade napalm into the pit toilet, we are done for!"

The last time the grounders sent an army at the Arkadians they got massacred by children, dude. Pike has this on lockdown.

The "children" only won because they had deus ex rocket fuel air bomb, which ark station probably doesn't have. Even then, they got their poo poo pushed in considering they even had real walls and not thin sheets of corrugated metal held together by string. And who even knows how many guns and how much ammo Arkadia has(it's as much or little as the plot demands :v:).

But really it doesn't matter because Lexa is super pussy whipped :shlick: and won't let the grounders retaliate like they should.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Today, on 'things I can't believe I didn't notice sooner'; I always figured they were smashing the zeroes together in the logo because it looks cool--which, you know, it does-- but as it turns out, there might be more to it. When you smoosh two zeroes together, it just so happens to form a certain sacred symbol...

ALIE has been with us from the very beginning. :tinfoil:

:catdrugs:

nice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dalael posted:

They knew that Pike was anti-grounder and they probably thought, "Hey, he'll keep us safe!" but that doesn't mean they all knew that he was about to commit a massacre. I'm starting to think you just want another slaughter.

You're more bloodthirsty than Clarke :stare:

They absolutely knew. He was arrested before heading out to slaughter them. If you think that no one talked about the last minute candidate and why he's in jail then I don't know what to tell you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Monicro posted:

Y'all are forgetting about the nuke, which is almost certainly going to be used this season on one of:

A) The Ice Nation
B) The TreeKru tower that probably got named at some point but i forgot
C) Arkadia
D) Specifically and only Pike

They took the nuke apart to power the portable wifi hotspot that let's Jaha connect with the city of light.

it's the backpack thing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The secret 14th colony from the MOON

Then the super duper more secret 15th colony from MARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grounder village fights dirty and I love. Monty your mom is cold as gently caress and I will laugh when she dies.

I am liking the Titus char a lot. Tried to reason with Clarke using logic and not just rawr grounder murder her.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Now that is good story telling. This AI plot is a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be. And better written. There is no need for the contrived Pike bullshit, this would have been good as the A story.

This guy gets it. Jaha plot is always the best plot. Suck it doubters :colbert:

The AI Becca, the Murphster and the reveal of what Polis stands for. A good ending.

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if this means the Commander stuff is more literal than we thought seeing as it could be some ALIE 2.0 poo poo.

Maybe the Nightblood is the side effect of eating the AI coins or whatever. Either way, poo poo is gonna own.

• Locked thread