Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I liked that they hosed around in the easy dungeon so much they had to rush through the real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

greatn posted:

I have some bad news

Yeah, ABBA broke up :(

E: over 30 years ago :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Alaois posted:

WHAT

oh thank god

Lol, Jesus of course they got back together this year just to ruin my dumb joke.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Smerl is like, the most West Virginia name ever.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Adventure Zone, he runs the Fantasy Costco (where all your dreams come true)

He originated in MBMBAM in the Money Zone, in episode [EPISODE NUMBER]. I think.

E: beaten severely

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GNU Order posted:

It's bullshit that all three mcelroy brothers are white I think Justin should be a black dude instead

My head cannon is Justin is black and Griffin is a 90 foot python with a Travis shaped lump in the middle.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Ariong posted:

Justin's character from TAZ Nights, Thoth, is a woman. She is, in fact, pretty great.

Is there more than one ep of TAZ nights?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Stumiester posted:

Surely Travis is the python and Griffin the swallowee? Or has Travis now received some of Griffin's vore passion?

Based on amiibo corner I think there's a strong argument for Griffin doing the swallowing.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Vin Diesel plays a half-drow I think.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Stroop There It Is posted:

oh my god sitting on the train was the worst possible time to listen to the ASMR scene segment, I can't stop laughing

Yeah that was my favorite part

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Can it be summed up by "Travis worries too much" ?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

What's ironic about that?

It's like rain on your wedding day, idiot

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

purple death ray posted:

I mean it costs me neither time nor effort to not listen to a podcast so I'm not even really inconvenienced, just a nerd taking a few seconds to note my opinion here on forum specifically designed for nerds to note their opinions on

if you like Flophouse good for you, enjoy this episode, best wishes, please post about your opinions, thats what this thread is for

My opinion is that I'm gonna kick your rear end!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I thought the Flophouse TAZ was better than the first one. The guys had a better grip on their characters I think, even though Dan was pretty clearly drunk.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

greatn posted:

I thought this was great, better than the majority of the normal crews episodes, for a few reasons. The players actually role played their characters a hell off a lot more, were a lot more in character, has very funny rapport in character, had much more detailed backstories and character development despite having only done this once. And the characters seemed like they were actually friends that knew each other rather than three people thrown in a room constantly going in their own directions and telling each other what to do.

And it built very well on the campaign setting with the idea that there are more of these relics out there, but more minor ones.

The fourth, non regular flopper in particular I thought was amazing. Especially his diatribes saying he was sure mine workers were always well treated across the world.

Dan was drunk by the end though, right?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

greatn posted:

Seemed perfectly in character. And he wasn't doing anything as dumb or distracting as Magnus does on a weekly basis, instead neatly wrapping up multiple plots with simple actions.

I didn't mean that he was out of character, but he sort of stops talking eventually and Stuart had to prompt him to do anything.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What was that absurd medical question Justin bellowed out at at Sydnee? Something about a dick? Also, what episode was that?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

purple death ray posted:

It was "why doesn't the penis gain fat?" and I can't remember which episode that was right now.

Haha, how did I forget.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My headcannon Taako is just the late great character actor Frank Nelson.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Yeah, it was mentioned in The The Adventure Zone Zone, he just kinda sat on the idea for a while when he realized the Taako voice made it seem like a really awkward stereotype. Then he went on a date with Kravitz so I guess that cat's out of the bag.

I don't know what voice Justin thinks he's doing but it's not a stereotype. Maybe a Frank Nelson stereotype, or a brain damaged person stereotype, but not a gay one.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Stroop There It Is posted:

Taako's voice is modeled off a friend of theirs, iirc.

Wanna meet that friend

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
They obviously should be playing the Cadillacs and Dinosaurs RPG like I did when I was a wee lad.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think they just have a stack of cards they flip through, and arent really looking at the handbook. But then again Clint's tried to cast wizard spells too so who knows.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I have a very big question once ya'll finish ep 8

WHY THE HELL DID YUSUKE STILL GO TO THE RESTAURANT?! Pretty sure he's a goon.

He's 18, that's my guess. He's gooney af for sure, though. I just wish he hadn't decided to make a move on Lauren, it was clear that's going no where. I think if they were both just a little older it wouldn't have gone down so painfully

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SoupyTwist posted:

But he's a rogue now too, doesn't that let him do more interesting stuff? (Although how rogue-like can he be if he rushes in all the time)

I think he forgets about that. Like a few eps ago when he was blocked entry to the prison cells by two guards he didn't try to sneak by them or anything, he just clobbered them. I guess it was worth it because it lead to him screaming "my boys!" when then were (probably) hilariously killed but still.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

That TAZ ending was dope.

Do you think the thing that threw Griffin into a panic was polymorph or just the boys being able to get Magnus back? I wonder if he had a whole story built around Magnus being in the other plane.

The latter for sure.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Really the one that's most weird to see live is Elliott Kalan in the Q&A afterward.

https://www.facebook.com/seesotv/videos/1858478124395225/

He's somehow got all the characteristics I pictured him having, but still looks nothing like I thought he would.

Sad news about that man's ranchos though

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

pray for my aunt posted:

Please tell me more about your McElroy sex fantasies

Justin head trav body

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Are they gonna get shut down by Johnny law every ep?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

flatluigi posted:

He's been a fan of the show since before he was super big and even guested on it at one point complete with writing a song for them. I think he also guested on Still Buffering at some point too

Are you counting Ghost Horse as a writing a song or is there something else?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The Funniest Man in Huntington really earned his name in this ep, imho.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
He's also used his thief skills maybe once

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Who's the clapping brother? Who laugh-claps??

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Scudworth posted:

The molestation jokes thankfully decrease with Wesley's screen time, but nothing else changes. If you heard that many eps it's safe to say you're not into the show.

My friends and I made nearly identical Picard-fucks-Wes jokes in college.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I remember feeling pretty proud of myself figuring out the plant toast thing when I was little

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The Justin/Travis mixup I get, because they're brothers with similar voices. I think the people who complain about telling the We Hate Movies guys apart need to come to grips with the fact that they have some kind of voice recognition issue.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

misadventurous posted:

My roommate who introduced me to this podcast specifically told me that all of their voices sounded distinct and memorable and this has been my experience from day 1 the idea that they sound alike is crazy to me.

"Hey misadventurous, bro, I know you like distinct voices and man oh man have I got a show for you!"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

mikeycp posted:

gently caress yes

And into the Cadillacs and Dinosaurs RPG system

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It seems like the majority of the fans like the way it's run now, so they shouldn't change their style of play much. That said I personally think their strength is in riffing, acting like assholes in game and hastily making up character names. I zone out a bit during the "serious" story telling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

I zone out whenever Griffin goes on long monologues about how they're sorry for being racist cause they named latino characters Taako and Chalupa, even though they're not latino, or whatever. That whole thing was dumb. McElroy fans are still the worst part about being a McElroy fan.

I did kind of laugh at the idea of some hypothetical person hearing the "name" Taako, assuming that it meant the character was from elf-Latin America, then proceeding to get mad when a second Tex-Mex elf shows up.