Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

The idea that there is even strict lore to D&D is weird. I get if it's something where the lore is super developed and also actually interesting, but D&D just seems like one where you have some basic ideas and improvise from there.

there are pre-made established settings (some of which are actually pretty cool like Eberron [which honestly isn't too far off from Griffin's world] and Dark Sun) but for D&D podcasts like TAZ homebrew stuff is more fun and interesting to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I re-watched some Monster Factories today, and I forgot just how much joy I get from Justin excitedly yelling ""YES". Like, the videos in their entirety are great, but those just thrill me to hear.

his reaction when Griffin revealed "his personal baby boy" Truck Shepard is one of my favorite moments of the series.

MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I for one am just champing at the bit to meet Taako's second cousin once removed, Barido.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

has anyone searched the site's metadata and found Big Gulp

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

:pgabz: New MBMBaM :pgabz:

This one has an email from a woman who has the worst boyfriend since Skyrim Pizza Blowjob guy

only complete monsters save anything to the desktop

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tom brady

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

As someone who knows quite a bit about the scene, Divekick is a bad game and you shouldn't play it.

edit: and that's speaking as someone who likes Dave Lang, it's just not good and overcomplicates what should be a very simple game to a ridiculous nigh-unplayable point

so it's a perfect representation of fighting games

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

goddammit I also thought this was the Giant Bomb thread. we really need a special banner for that thread to confirm that you are in a shitposting-okay zone quaratined from the rest of these fine forums

i still don't know why that thread isn't in the Cool Crew Chat Zone

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

did you seriously just post some dunsparce bullshit

get that horseshit out of here

ludicolo, motherfucker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wake_N_Bake posted:

They just released a podcast where Griffin literally said, "gently caress the mechanics, we're here to have fun". Can you shut the gently caress up about actual DnD mechanics??

or you could not have a loving raging poo poo every time people talk this, you monstrously fragile manbaby

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Next season will be a sci-fi setting but everyone uses swords and rides horses and there are no elevators to be found for some reason

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Whizbang posted:

The Trad Games grognards showing up is always the worst part of this thread.

hey look who's still talking about it it's you congrats for not just letting it die *pulls a party popper*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

I don't see how that's functionally different than how they're currently playing in The Adventure Zone and it's basically what I meant exactly by facilitating instead of actually adding to gameplay v:shobon:v

it would help them to no longer be supporting the awful people behind D&D 5e but that's trad games drama no one here cares about but something that's always soured TAZ a bit for me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why is every thread in this subforum completely loving insane

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mikeycp posted:

Generally relaxed moderation.

it can't just be that. is there something about podcasts as a medium that just attracts crazy people who NEED to share their views on (x) regardless of how much anybody else actually cares?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PBS Newshour posted:

you realize you describe the very idea of internet forums right

i just don't see the connection between "a place to talk about a podcast with 3 silly brothers" and "LET ME TELL YOU HOW loving MILLENIALS ARE RUINING THE WORLD BY LEARNING HOW TO COOK DIFFERENTLY THAN ME"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i shave with a sliver of obisdian

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

A bunch of Video Games Journalists (e.g.: GiantBomb crew) never stopped being into wrestling, and they've been slowly spreading unironic wrestlewatching to all of their peers.

they need to start listening to Jeff then.

it's all bad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

legbeards

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why is this thread such a venom pit of barely-constrained hostilities

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he really needs it at this point

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ixjuvin posted:

I think there was a The F Plus shoutout from Griffin this week. At least, I want to imagine so, because the idea of hearing about cummies any other way makes me feel slightly nauseous.

jesus christ

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

waiting for that post, anticipation made it all the sweeter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Justin being antsy about Taako being gay when he gave him such a silly voice is funny because every other MaxFun show that gets promoted on theirs features someone with an ultra cringeworthy stereotypical gay voice as one of the hosts.

hey now, Elliott Kahlen sounds like a cartoon turtle not a stereotypical gay man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Whizbang posted:

I think he's talking about the one from the podcast composed entirely of stereotypical douches with the french speaking journalist and whatever the gently caress a media analyst is.

no sir he clearly said "every other MaxFun show" so that means every other MaxFun show dammit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

Now, take Elliot Kalan's voice, and have it so it's constantly off-key singing half-remembered riffs of the most annoying earwormy songs in the world with the express purpose of annoying the everliving hell out of everyone listening to it.

That's the Flophouse.

Dude can write the hell out of a comic book, though.

also the second he starts talking about comic books, hollywood history or starts giving a movie recommendation, every single time i'm astonished with how much knowledge he just has and can rattle off at a moments notice

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also lmao at anyone who posts in a McElroy Brothers Megathread throwing shade on anybody else podcast voices when 2 of the 3 McElroy brothers sound like they're breathing through masks made of ham

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scudworth posted:

Did you post this in the previous MBMBAM thread when Elliot's Grating Cartoon Voice chat happened or can I see through time?

probably

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

guy mann hits it out of the park again

someone should tell that garth marenghi motherfucker that nobody's buying his poo poo and he should just own up to being a terrible writer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

guy mann is someone who tries so hard to own everybody else around him he just ends up owning himself repeatedly

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Illinois Smith posted:

this Adventure Zone arc is pretty loving rad imo and I wish it had come after the racing one.

I vaguely remember a N64 game that was kinda like this where you play a ronin that walks into a small Japanese village. Is this like a common D&D format?

Are you thinking of Way of the Samurai because that was a PS2 game

it's also the best goddamn video game ever made

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

Yeah I remember Griffin setting up the huge final confrontation and someone throwing out a single spell that more or less ended it.

non4eD&D.txt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

He's a professional douchebag who basically acts like every pretentious knows-more-than-you-even-though-he-actually-doesn't prick ever.

it's weird to sign your posts at the very beginning of them

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's just talking about the era of the Modrons.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

padijun posted:

I was flipping through my 5e MM a couple weeks ago when I had an :eyepop: moment seeing the modrons

these are the corniest monsters in D&D, I don't know why they brought them back for 5e, but bravo to whoever made the decision

modrons are like, the only good poo poo in D&D not connected to Eberron or Dark Sun.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

padijun posted:

A lawful stupid race of geometric shapes with a caste system, how compelling :rolleye: <that's a monodrone

reread my post and consider their loving competition

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

appropriately, I started listening to Friends at the Table recently and it's mindblowing how much better a GM Austin is compared to Griffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

Austin's podcast is a reminder that tabletop rpgs are still awful and embarassing, despite the best efforts of tres horny boys.

??????????