Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I think it was Idolninja?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I love Dear Esther. I feel like anyone's fun with it is going to entirely depend on whether they like the writing style.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Another good thing in Dear Esther is that there are a few little ghostly figures here and there, and I've watched quite a lot of people play through it on youtube (I really, really like the game) but the only guy who spotted one of them thought it was a rendering error.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How dare they give away a usually paid product for free!

Not been following recent events, or...?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Nah, Watch Dogs 2 is good, but probably not good enough to put up with that poo poo.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Samuringa posted:

NeuroVoider has been added to this month's Twitch Prime

Great soundtrack on that one iirc.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

TheAnomaly posted:

Alright, what do you think the first "respectable" Graphic Novels are? Like, the earliest recognized ones are from '78 and were almost entirely collected short series reprinted in single book form. The Watchmen is out a year before Maus gets collected as a graphic novel and wins the pullitzer. What non-anglo centric graphic novels do you think deserve the "first respectable literary form" title? Please note I'm not trying to be condescending here, I'm just curious on what Graphic Novels I'm missing out on.

I mean Barefoot Gen started in 1973.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

treat posted:

Solitarica is rad as hell. It's like Slay the Spire but with solitaire (like Faerie Solitaire or Regency Solitaire), and just about as addictive and engaging as Slay the Spire. I did everything there was to do on the free phone version without spending money (to unlock other characters which is where like 3/4 of the game is) and it's absolutely worth your time if you like games.

Yeah Solitairica is great, actually.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

THE BAR posted:

RG's soundtrack has had more playtime here than the game.

I seem to remember Rebel Galaxy has a feature where you can calibrate the soundtrack from the main menu, or maybe even from outside the game. Set your combat tracks, your non-combat tracks, etc. Really liked that.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oldstench posted:

Question about Humble Choice. There's a deal for the Premium Monthly plan at $8 a month for the first 3 months. I want to grab Bloodstained. Can I join and then cancel without any penalties?

Is Bloodstained in the bundle that'll be charging end of August? Because if so you can have my copy, assuming I remember you exist. Send me a PM next Friday if you want. I'll never play the thing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Shigeru Miyamoto said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about gaming than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in Smash Bros.

Holy poo poo I heard that in the Soldier's voice instantly. and now I'm sad because the VA died of covid.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

well now I remembered the existence of Peggle, there goes the evening

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It's not a free game, but there is a game called Peglin. You fight monsters by playing peggle to do damage.

There's Roundguard too. Might look for a free Peggle though in the spirit of the thread.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

Nobody does that for me, and I have an actual Ph.D; I doubt that I'm alone. There are probably a few physicians on this forum as well; you'll get used to it.

Unless your PhD is in Peggle you can't even compete with Dr timp

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Astrologaster is good

It is!
It's a game where you are an Elizabethan-era physician trying to treat people with your definitely real credentials and the definitely genuine science of astrology. Every character who comes to see you has a fully-sung introduction in various styles. It's very funny and quite sweet in some ways. You get to decide how to handle certain storylines. And it has a really charming pop-up book graphical style.

e: Also the character you play as, Simon Forman, was a real guy who kept very detailed notes of both his patients and treatments, and all the women he banged, of which there were lots

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 27, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

The original TJ&E on the Mega Drive is my favourite of all time, and I so badly wanted to like this, but I don't.

Same. I backed the kickstarter and everything. It just doesn't really do it. Thankfully the original is still totally playable emulated.

oh poo poo I bet I could emulate it on my Deck

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

It also has a character based on Rhonda Rousey so no thanks

It *does*? The only thing I know about that game is that I have to skip ads for it all the time because it sponsors a lot of youtubers I like.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hey, please take the chat to the chat thread, let's settle this one down a bit. Cheers.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

DerekSmartymans posted:

We seem to be ok with it…maybe you could, I dunno, go play a video game and chill out about it?
:agesilaus:

How dare you suggest such a thing! Why if I had mod buttons right now!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Duskers is good! If you set things up right in a nice dark quiet room you can give yourself a proper scare.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Just got a new PC. Want to try out all the swanky games. But my internet is so crappy that it's going to take forever to download anything. Fuckin games

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

Looking at all the people who haven't played FO:NV in this thread: It smells of TERFs.

100% a joke

What's the joke?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

there's a running joke in some online lgbt communities that trans women all really love fallout new vegas, e.g.:

seems like poster Large Testicles was riffing on that

Ohhh thank you! I mean I assume they do, and so do every other kind of person, because it's great. I should install it again.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sorry it's right in the rulebook

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I think Pillars of Eternity 2 also lets you encourage romance between two NPCs. I do remember the potential serial killer asking me if I thought the assassin for the racist imperialists thought she liked her.

What did you say?!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I let Ashley die without a moment of regret. Space racist? Really?

Same.

I remember people bitching about Alistair in Dragon Age, not because he was annoying or badly written exactly, but because he didn't like it if you did evil poo poo and would complain. So some people would prefer blocks of wood I guess.

I liked Alistair, he was fun.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I never had as much fun in a multiplayer game as playing Medic in TF2. He's just so entertaining in every way.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hey y'all no stress but can we get back to discussing the games themselves? Cheers

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Okay, thread, back on track now. Enough snipping, enough money chat. Discuss free games, please.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Are free games really free if they require you to give your e-ma--*launched into the sun*

:lmao:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Teledahn posted:

Here, play a browser based detective game.

https://jjohnstongames.itch.io/the-roottrees-are-dead

It's free. Pretty good.

Post free games.

This one made it into a lot of game of the year lists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

SnakesRevenge posted:

Can you email 3.5 times in a week?

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST BOY ALIVE