Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

Given the pictures of their food I don't see how that would work. How about hotdog infused filipino food instead? He could mash up a hotdog and add it to the filling for the spring rolls.
easy enough. Hotdogs are an integral part of filipino food already!

Cook them dogs OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

etalian posted:

This is incredibly offensive

Filipinos are actually the mexicans of asia, Roman catholic religion and great chicken adobo
if you watch filipino TV it's all chinese people though lmao

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

actual filipinos only get to play servants on tv

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I have to say, tristen does look like my cousin before he got his poo poo together and the fact she has a mans name doesn't help

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

I just wanted a goddamn filipino hotdog made and eaten on camera.
then take a cell phone video of slicing up a hotdog over rice and squirting ketchup on it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the great deceiver posted:

tbf the onus was kind of on him to figure out what would happen if he posted a kickstarter thread for a restaurant in gbs. i still dont endorse the tranny jokes mainly for the reason that they are the cheapest form of humor and there was so much more here to work with
Onus: Sounds like anus??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

okay now I'm actually starting to read th e thread.

Dr. Tommy John posted:

I had no illusions about posting in GBS. If I can't answer your criticisms, then we should probably all agree I shouldn't beg on the internet. And poo poo if you guys hadn't shot me down then I'd be set for franchising across the country.

he had no illusions so keep that in mind people, he knew what kind of posts were coming. He also used the fancy strike through to make a little double entendre (that's French for entree ya gubs)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

did he explain anywhere what "filipino fusion" food? because afaik "Fusion food" means taking good food and putting mayonnaise on it. But then what do you do with filipino food??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

I thought gbs was supposed to be lighthearted fun not like getting personal and trying to be mean to people.
huh???

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Like I would go so far as to say that goons taking things too far and getting creepy about it tends to ruin our fun more often than not.
in other words sometimes GBS is accidentally funny instead of being creepy and mean. I agree.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Hey pals just wanted to see how this comedy has developed oh geese literally the funniest thing posted is a plate of spegett oh geese you guys come on

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

spagett and red hotdogs with marshmallows stabbed into them. Ugh if thats staple filipino food I really wouldnt eat it.
hey sometimes we put a can of liver pate into the spaghetti sauce. Thats classy right???

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Franco is crying while sending away all his money to the fusion hot dog house. click click click

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

JakeP posted:

Anytime someone brings up victim blaming to shame someone, and the topic of discussion that the person is recognized as a victim for is because the person got picked on is just embarassing and pathedic. Victim blaming is pretty specific to sexual assault and rape victims, not some dude who can't handle his wife being called names, and doing so takes away from a very serious issue and makes the concept of victim blaming seem way less serious.
not to mention the victim of the jokes is not the same person as the person who's being blamed (the OP)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

whoflungpoop posted:

- perceived himself more capable and intelligent than he was. way more than his actions and attitude demonstrated to others

- tried to roll with the punches, didnt last long before becoming increasingly petulant and snide, a very unattractive quality in anyone and especially in men

- refused to own his own decisions and blamed his failure on internet strangers being creepy to his family, whined enough that even people who liked him called him out on being a dumbass, tried to close his thread because GBS was mean to him and yet kept coming back for more

but enough about u
:eyepop:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Frog Act posted:

lets all of us GBS posters try to be excellent to one another and to strangers for one week from this post
one meatball, one week.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

large hands posted:

GBS basically raped him

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Frog Act posted:

lets all of us GBS posters try to be excellent to one another and to strangers for one week from this post
—The Uniballer

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

old dog child posted:

filipinos usually get pissed when people call them mexicans cause they look very similar so i can see why the op was offended that someone called his fiancee a tranny
mexicans are good and I don't see why anyone should be offended to be called a mexican.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

old dog child posted:

asians are p racist
okay I'll admit that my aunt doesn't like to walk out in the street around her ebecause the "spanishes" are out there.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I still don't understand what "Filipino-Caribbean fusion" food is. Does the paksiw have cow feet in addition to pig feet?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I'm just trying to imagine Filipino cooks trying to work together in a kitchen with Haitian cooks and the Filipinos are angrily whispering in tagalog to each other about the black people and trying to avoid touching them.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the great deceiver posted:

in america and i guess the phillipines it's pretty standard to add sugar to marinara obviously but ya it should be sweetened with red wine
yeah but filipino spaghetti is like an order of magnitude sweeter than american spaghetti

for the record I DO believe there are plenty of good filipino dishes but then again I grew up with them (and no spaghetti is not on that list)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

you guys can't blame him if he wants to use dog food

• Locked thread