Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
donated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

bustling kengsington merket

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Stirfry like ur white mom used 2 make

https://youtu.be/-VcdMCcgtyE?t=1m58s

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Ka0 posted:

I think it's the quickest way to "become your own boss" type of business, which coincidentally is also the quickest "oops we hosed up and now we owe the bank 10k" I would own a quick stop diner if I could, but I don't know the first thing about opening and maintaining a successful business. Plus food joints are one health inspection away of being shut down forever, always.

yeah its better just not to try, right wageslave?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

YOURFRIEND posted:

One time we had a restaurant that did this in our small town. They changed their menu daily depending upon what ingredients they could source from local farmers.

It failed miserably. People have a particular meal in mind when they want to go get food typically, nobody wakes up and says "im gonna eat whatever locally sourced organic garbage i can get ahold of today". If someone brings their friend their expecting delicious churros(or whatever they have in third world country) and you just don't have churros that day then you've got two disappointed people who won't be coming back.

dumb and wrong

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

i believe

OP i made this in solidarity for u

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Dr. Tommy John posted:

This got reopened eh? Alright, lemme address a few things.

First up I didn't report anyone, no one who's been worth taking seriously has offended me or my delicate sensibilities after years in this degenerate paradise.

Second, I am not going to go into the particulars of our financials, but basically we got grant loan funding (which is an actual bank loan) for one plan, that plan fell through, and another opportunity presented itself that was better, but more expensive. Due to the terms of the subsidized loan thing, it made sense to try something like crowd funding to avoid some of the pitfalls that could arise from borrowing too much of our startup capital.

If you don't support crowd funding and see us as beggars or opportunists or entitled millennials, I am not here to refute your world view. I legitimately appreciate all the actual feedback about our business plan and we are taking the concerns about the menu to heart and figuring out how to address that. Thank you guys.

To people sure we'll fail because restaurants or because Kensington, again, not here to change your mind, but I appreciate that feedback and I've been here long enough to not exactly get too hot under the collar on these boards.

Filipino food is seriously great, and it's not all unapproachable.

And we did not appear at riot fest, but it's very possible you were one of our customers this year, we served a few thousand orders.

Thanks guys, most of you are the good kind of dicks, some I could take or leave, but I'm not the dick police.

i donated man Best of Luck also i made you some grpahic design u can use, so if ur in need of a graphic designer please PM me (its my passion)

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

whoflungpoop posted:

it wont happen like that. itll happen slowly, like a frog(dog) being slowly boiled to death, and every month the numbers will look worse and extra expenses will pop up and you'll get to the point where you have to compromise and roll back parts of your ~master plan~ but not in a way that recoups any useful amount of your original investment

and then non business normal life unforeseen expenses will also pop up and the ball gets bigger and faster and thanks to your apparently sucky credit history you wont be able to get another lifeline to keep up and you'll be at the point where that cushy full time office job would seem really nice to get back if only you had the time to work it but you wont because you and your fiance will be busy 12-14 hours a day working diligently toward financial doom and failure, and all because you thought working in a loving food stand for :siren: a whole year :siren: and "knowing people" somehow makes you different than any other delusional impatient jackass millennial who's decided that any kind of work that doesnt immediately realize his impractical dreams is just like, beneath him man

notice how i didnt use any empty business lingo or strategically bolded words? these words are real life words used by people who arent full of poo poo. take your business planning skills and use them to chart out how you're going to grow up, be a loving man, secure your own means, and be happy with the job you have while you gain valuable experience in how life actually works

youre a major hater

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

etalian posted:

What's a foodie?

some1 who enjoys eating n feels they cna justdge gastronomic choicesof restaurants

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

you should draw pentagrams all over ur shop and be like "the bad boys" of fusion

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

whoflungpoop posted:

i grew up in hawaii eating filipino food it is smelley and i still dont know why

its not all bad tho it just smells funny

prolly stink waves from ur coochie

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Neophyte posted:

Let's see:

(1) six month time limit until a new startup niche-in-a-literal-niche restaurant has to make a profit (two years operating expenses should be your minimum cushion btw)
(12) or more hr days together sweating over deep fryers and rotting meat in a cramped cubbyhole
(negative) net wages a lot of the time since your revenue that day/week/month didn't cover expenses
(0) real management experience
(0) financial backup
(possibly 0) other workers? loving lol two people managing everything full time?

Mix it all together, add in plenty of sleep deprivation and stress, stew in your own juices and voila ! A perfect recipe for divorce!
Serves: you (right)

major hater

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

OP several ppl (including me) have stod up for you and donated (believing in ur dream) yet you only choose to respond to neg-trolls trying to neg your dream :(

i think u have alot to learn in engaging ur fan base

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Alright, I'm back from my cat vacation and would like to say a few things. Gimme a sec.

you hav a fan in me buddy :) !

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Dr. Tommy John posted:

That's all I'll say, thank you to those of you who were cool, whichever side you were on.

u have 2 learn to give props 2 ur fans.

i + several others who stod up for u recieved no "hello" or "thank u for believing / donating"

this is my biggest concern for u and ur business.....the way u treat ur allies.....smh

i wish i could take back the money i gave ur crummy business :(

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Dr. Tommy John posted:

I can't tell which of you are who

im sorry...what? wow :(

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

lol also saw ur video again man, p funny that u just dont let ur filipina gal open up the dialuge (u actually talk more than she does in the video.....)

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

this is gon be great

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

I can't possibly bring myself to read 16 pages to find out, so can someone tell me if the OP was just making a doobie joke or is history actually repeating?

click that ? mark bud

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Digital Fingers posted:

Donated a 1000$

can u at least donate 1$

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

donate 1$

Fuck da Mods