Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I keep getting so close to beating this, but I can't quite manage to beat the throne. I can get past Lil Hunter fairly consistently, though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just beat this for the first time. Always started random, ended up winning with Steroids, carrying the Hyper Slugger and Assault Slugger.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

still haven't killed the last boss but i can't imagine beating world 7 without a melee weapon and/or crystal bcz there's way too much poo poo to dodge. my last run where i made it to the boss i had a lightning hammer which was incredibly good and doesn't use up any ammo for some insane reason unlike the other energy melee stuff
There are only three kinds of enemies: the jumping dogs, the little ones that shoot bullets in a circle all around them, and the floating ghost guys who summon orbs. The ghost guys can throw out a lot of bullets but they're super fragile. The dogs are the most dangerous, but they telegraph their moves a lot. Basically, if you have the offense to get past Lil Hunter you can kill most of the enemies in a room fast enough to not worry about it, then it's just a matter of staying on your toes through the dogs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you play this on Christmas it snows in the desert, holy poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love the Haste crown, because by the time I get it I'm killing stuff so fast that it's just a bonus to ammo and health drops.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

symbolic posted:

i've been trying this and i swear Rhino Skin gets extremely rare when you play as Melting. i only got it as a mutation on my 10th or 11th run. maybe i just had really bad luck but it was weird af.
Maybe you should try playing as Melting, instead of as a freaking noob lmao.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

I have never killed little hunter.
You have to keep moving. Little Hunter wants to trick you into trying to hide, so you wind up trapped.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

got to Lil Hunter with the perfect set of guns and mutations and the arena was a small square with 3 million dogs, yetis and exploding robot dinner plate things and I was instantly + brutally murdered by a million explosions, collisions, teleports and whatever the gently caress else. cool. love that fight
Haha, nuclear throne owns. Surviving poo poo like that feels amazing when you pull it off.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

always yv except sometimes horror or steroids. fish is cool because of the guitar and potential gun warrant/trigger fingers tomfoolery i guess
Horror is my least favorite character, how do I make use of the beam? I never know when to actually use it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Finally got past Lil Hunter as Melting. Didn't manage to win, but feels good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

i love when you get to the ice levels and it spawns you in a murdercloset surrounded by enemies with no cover
I love when you have the guns to deal with this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The daily today (yesterday?) was cool. How much is predetermined with a seed, is it just all the level layouts/enemy placements that eveyrone gets and the gun drops and mutations are still randomized?
Guns definitely aren't randomized, not sure about mutations but I would assume they're not either.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

*sighing as I draw my chicken sword* Amateur hour is over.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremely steampunk posted:

firing wildly is fun
I love the bouncer SMG for this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

rad dogs are how you tell if a weapon is Good
They're a good reason to get Boiling Veins and something that launches multiple grenades.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The assault slugger is my favorite weapon in the game. I use it all the time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

yo here's the thing about weapon buff mutations though. when you take a third you're guaranteed to roll Heavy Heart which suuuuuuuuucks. so you really can only take two or waste a mutation
I've never run into Heavy Heart, what does it do?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I never really felt like shotgun shoulders did anything but I haven’t used it with any of the higher-level ones.
It's pretty noticeable in levels with a lot of walls, but it doesn't do much in the desert.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

impact wrists makes sluggers pretty insane yes
melting + impact wrists + throne butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aston posted:

I can no longer get past 5-3. If Lil Hunter doesn't get me then all his buddies finish the job.
Shoot them first.

• Locked thread