Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I finally got this today and it's seriously great. I was enjoying Fish and his Throne Butt upgrade but I think YV is my man now, just tried him and killed Big Dog in one hit with a Braaaap'd golden grenade launcher from YV's sweet pad. (which also blew up Horror who I didn't even know had spawned lol)

Then I ran out of ammo on my normal gun and Lil' Hunter splatted me while I tried to get range and grenade him :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

Thanks for sharing. :)

im excited to talk about this game a lot

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

guys... I beat Lil Hunter. I finally did it. It gave me a large open arena instead of a horrible tight maze with 2,970 enemies so I kicked his rear end with ease even though I had lovely weapons lol.

Then I died in 7-2 because something horrible spawned on my head but that's ok

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I got to 7-2 by mindlessly holding mouse 1 so u figure it'll be easy enough next time. Is the throne hard

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like 5-3 can definitely be a bit cheap/luck - based depending on the level layout and enemies. I might just need to get better tho

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Bolt Marrow, Boiling Veins, and Scarier Face for this game. You spam explosives to clear crowds and then hammer the tough guys with a super splinter gun or a super crossbow.
yeah. Impact Wrists is great too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I used Fish up until I unlock YV and now YV is my best friend

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

My faves are YV and Steroids but you need to reach the throne to unlock steroids anyway.
eh you just need to beat Lil Hunter but that's the biggest obstacle anyway

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is there any point in going to the ninja turtles sewer except to hope for some health drops

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the plasma guns are really good, with Pop Pop and Scarier Face a plasma cannon shot absolutely shreds anything you point it at

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got to 5-1 for the first time and shot at a snow covered car right next to me with my grenade launcher and died immediately nothing i could do game bug bullshit fuuuu
it's okay that happens constantly. take boiling veins

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got to lil hunter but died
this has been me since the day after I bought the game . welcome

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I die frequently to his annoying death animation because even when I'm a screen and a half away he'll somehow zip over to me and explode before I can react
yeah sometimes there's just so much stuff being poo poo all over the screen that you just get murked helplessly. I think

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bolt marrow is extremely good. If you pair it with something strong, fast or scattery and run about as YV hitting right-click you kill everything and never have to aim

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't need no bread
I don't need no home
Just everybody dead
And my Nuclear Throne

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

got to Lil Hunter with the perfect set of guns and mutations and the arena was a small square with 3 million dogs, yetis and exploding robot dinner plate things and I was instantly + brutally murdered by a million explosions, collisions, teleports and whatever the gently caress else. cool. love that fight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Every time I get mad at it I load it up again at most five minutes later

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I finally reached the throne even though I had lovely weapons (crossbow right up to 7-2 where a splinter gun dropped, a shotgun thing called the Eraser I've never seen before). It went really well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmqQPpKs6E

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i've been trying all day and im insane now. at least i can fairly consistently get to the throne now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QDM-0r6mDg

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

apparently I shouldn't let it push me back. I just assumed walking backwards when the giant tank boss moved towards me was a good idea

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

let's face it I'm never going to get there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lol I got murked from full health within a second of spawning on 7-2. I don't even know what happened

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lol I beat the Throne (normal form) first run today. A gatling bazooka dropped right before him and I had YV's Throne Butt and 99 explosives so it didn't take very long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5qubY_UzVU

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 4, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

as far as I can tell the TMNT level is absolutely worth it because it means you get better gun drops, since you've been through an extra stage, and also it's usually full of free healing. Is the big bandit shortcut worth it or will the weapon drop thing mean you get lovely weapons in the later stages

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'll hit your dad with my nuts and balls

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

holy poo poo the ninja turtles say the colours of their headbands when you kill tyhem

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just beat the cursed crystal caves on my first ever visit which is cool but uh what's the point in going there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I always get killed using Fish's special

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I looped for the first time and was immediately flattened by an interdimensional garbage truck. I hit level Ultra but never got to pick a mutation :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oddium posted:

you don't want impact wrists with melee because melee weapons can't deal damage during i-frames (from all the wild corpses)
what the gently caress lol. that explains some of my deaths

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like Eyes because he kind of looks like Pants from jerkcity

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just love crossbow type weapons in this so much

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

symbolic posted:

the heavy crossbow owns and i always pick it up
I wish it worked a little better with Bolt Marrow. I see why it doesn't I guess but it's not like that talent covers a huge amount of weapons anyway

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i play this game every day while humming the YV mansion theme

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

in a meeting about client agreements daydreaming about mercilessly blowing up big dog in 5-10 seconds with a long arms golden wrench and his own projectiles, missiles etc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

5-3 should be called "RIP" because little hunter stops me every time
lil hunter is a great trial.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

ive just gotta save something that can deliver a lot of hurt for him..you start finding crazy automatic explosive weapons so i'll try to keep one for his fight
he has patterns but he's still probably the toughest part of the game. sometimes you just get dropped into a giant gently caress off arena with him and a million dudes and die. he's definitely the check for whether your weapons are up to par though, you absolutely need to be able to kill a lot of stuff quickly to survive him whereas you can take most previous stages at yr own pcace

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gonna stream in a minute. i've never done this before. please be nice

https://www.twitch.tv/lunchmeatlarry

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im not very good under pressure and I don't think my mic was working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremely steampunk posted:

i caught your death by lil hunter... that was some poo poo lol
I was terrified of blowing myself up every time I fired the super bazooka lol. at least I got him too

will work on broadcast quality for next time and I don't think my mic worked at all

• Locked thread