Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

[hides Community Manager badge] Vlambeer is actually the son of Albert Einstein and Audrey Hepburn lmfao... He's very smart and beautiful and knows how to make a great game.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Xaris posted:

I don't like throwing accusations of fallacy around because it belies my secret atheism, but holy crap tautology ahoy.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i adblocked both of them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm really bad at this fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got to 5-1 for the first time and shot at a snow covered car right next to me with my grenade launcher and died immediately nothing i could do game bug bullshit fuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got to lil hunter but died

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Qq babby gamer can't handle a REAL roguelike

excuse me i've beaten dungeons of dreadmoor, skyrim, and rogue legacy multiple times

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i h8 those assassin crowbar fuckers. hoLY poo poo how am i supposed to see them thru a billion slowly moving dog bullets and rockets fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

look better

they're easy to see on their own but not when there's a bunch of poo poo everywhere

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

The ones in the jungle are way worse

i got to the jungle and made it thru my first time idk how tho. i think i had an autoshotgun with the wrists thing and got lucky cuz it was hard to tell what was going on lol . nOT sure why u'd want to go back tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat lil hunter thanks to the seeker shotgun and the honing crossbow mutation

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Bolt Marrow is really good regardless of bolt weapon you use

i always pick it if i see it even if i don't have a bolt weapon :o:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

White Genocide posted:

yeah. but early on i take rad extender range hope i get more lvls up/chances (:pray:) for homing bolt who did you beat throne with??

i have not beat it yet i died on 7-2 after i beat lil hunter w/ fish i think

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

how does gamma guts work it seems like there's a cool down but it still kills enemies that do damage on contact like the spiders and the slip n slide ice robots ?-?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

You don't take damage if it kills an enemy outright, it's one of the best mutations. It isn't super obvious how it works though so I avoided it for the longest time

it's a bit confusing cuz like i've had it but get killed by rats but the i had a decent run going and spiders and robots were hopping on me and they straight up died instantly. probably good for the jungle as well since a billion things try to run at you ?-?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i thot those plasma dog things in stage 7 weren't too bad until one jumped on me and did 6+ damage oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

are the triple machinegun/minigun/minigun with lasers hell yeah 55 engery max ever useful w/o like the bonus ammo on kills and strong back skills they burn thru ammo so fast whY did my last run only give me miniguns and energy miniguns and that terrible lightning pistol fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I keep dying by cars blowing up next to me :argh:

that happened to me like 3 times when the portal opened by a car lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got eaten by a plasma dog again fuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

qnqnx posted:

Pick Steroids, get crossbows or splinter guns (especially 2x splinter pistols or autocrossbows) if bolt marrow, assault/gatling/hyper sluggers and/or heavy revolver/machinegun/rifle if not, and I'm ready to loop.

i just had auto crossbow and bolt marrow, very cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a lil dude spawned in one of the crown rooms and ran up to me and shot fire at my face and i died b4 i knew what was happening fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oddium posted:

oh sorry the gatling slugger rules and the assault slugger can carry you pre-loop too

the assult slugger kicks rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

symbolic posted:

i started playing as Robot and i keep eating my loving weapons by accident god dammit :doh:

that happened to me as well

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

I feel like the number one reason I die anymore is that I get a weapon I've never used before and try messing with it instead of just running with the good stuff I have

i died 3x in a row by point blank shooting robot snipers and blowing myself up and decided to stop playing the game for the evening :henget:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i keep getting to 7-1 or 7-2 now and then getting completely destroyed by a billion bullets and dogs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

thought i had a good thing going with long arms, bolt marrow, trigger finger an autocrossbow and a shovel til i decided to see what a nuke luancher did on a cleared out 7-1 and the missle circled around the room and landed on me oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got to throne but i was standing on the carpet oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i can't figure out how to aim the lightning guns but the lightning shotgun and smg seem good with laser brains. the lightning rife seems bad tho.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat throne by finding a plasma cannon and hitting the shoot button for 5 seoncds without standing on the carpet for the 2nd time, and then it died

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oddium posted:

now loop

do u need a crown to loop ?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

ok im not alone in thinking that all of the crowns seem to offer way more downsides that upsides

the haste one seems okay if you have the long range grabber mutation but otherwise i never pick them up except sometimes curses

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

burning veins is cool but its too scary to run around with only 4 hp especially in world 7

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

melting with burning veins is like the lost with mantle and its pretty fun.

i forgot about that guy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i keep destroying 3/4 reactors and then the throne parks on top of the last one fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i had gamma guts, lil hunter landed on top of me, got killed by the guts, and the i got insta killed by his explosion lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got to throne 2 and beat it when headless chicken but the death animation was too long so i didn't loop ;-(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i looped for real this time with chicken, i keep picking random and then get farthest with chicken. thank u heavy auto crossbow if you have full ammo on throne 2 the way to win is to hold down fire and twirl your stick around. then i immediately died on 1-1 because i shot the enemy next to me on reaction. it was a robo sniper oops. thank you fellow gamers for your support

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I Said No posted:

every time i pick chicken the RNG just straight up loving decides its time to ruin me, like i get poo poo for weapon drops and start every area in a wide open exposed space
just havent ever had any good runs with chicken because of totally external poo poo, it's loving weird

i got really crap weapon drops thank u big chest on 5-3 for pop guns and smgs. but i got an gattling slugger and energy hammer with 99 ammo each from collecting ammo the whole game and not using it because of crap drops on 6-1. and a heavy auto cross bow on the throne room

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i looped with rogue which was very stressful especially since all the drops were pretty bad until like 7-1 when i got a gattling slugger but i had her starting gun right until the throne room when i got something better. thank u hammerhead mutation a good way to run away from throne dogs is to run into a wall when your gattling slugger runs out of ammo and summon a portal strike.

i blew myself up with a portal strike on 1-3 tho ;-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

qnqnx posted:

Her starting gun is strong and useful even into loops, with the proper mutations.

i didn't get strong shoulders or recycle gland ;-( i did get rabbits paw tho

• Locked thread