Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Intruder posted:

Why not eliminate the entire season and go by preseason rankings, only the CFP games matter

Agreed, so Oklahoma gets back in the playoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

milk milk lemonade posted:

Wayyyy ahead of you

around the corner your posts are made

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can understand not caring about minor bowl games

I can't understand being offended enough about their existence to demand they be eliminated

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

If Tulane made it to the Bahamas Bowl, I'd be thrilled and consider trying to go. I assume you can get Popeyes at the game which makes it even sweeter.

One of the magical parts of the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl is that Popeyes literally does not have a single location in the Bahamas but they might have a stand outside or in the stadium I dunno

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Intruder posted:

Why not eliminate the entire season and go by preseason rankings, only the CFP games matter

Only the winner of the Crimson-White game should be national champs Pawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Minor bowl games means we get to watch football almost every day in December, so I'm all for them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

One of the magical parts of the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl is that Popeyes literally does not have a single location in the Bahamas but they might have a stand outside or in the stadium I dunno

I think I read they're actually getting one!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

MourningView posted:

Goddamn, Popeye's has locations in Vietnam for Christ's sake...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Popeye's is pretty decent for a chain place.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Goddamn, Popeye's has locations in Vietnam for Christ's sake...

there's a Popeye's in Ataturk Airport

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

curried lamb of God posted:

When I lived in Perth Australia the closest Popeyes was in Singapore.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

whiteyfats posted:

Popeye's is pretty decent for a chain place.

:yeah:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Popeye's owns.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't know why anyone even cares about the FBS playoffs, there's zero chance of the Five-time reigning College Football Champions to be in them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

i don't know why anyone even cares about the FBS playoffs, there's zero chance of the Five-time reigning College Football Champions to be in them.

Only because Iowa is dragging down their strength of schedule

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

curried lamb of God posted:

Hoàn Kiếm Lake District, Hanoi, April 10, 2016:

I know Vietnam has changed in the last couple of decades, but seeing that in Hanoi was hilariously :stare:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
There should be more scrub tier bowl games IMHO. My lovely 2-10 team should get matched up with another lovely 2-10 team on a random Tuesday afternoon in Shreveport in early December.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Basically, you just want a 13 game regular season at that point

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

There should be more scrub tier bowl games IMHO. My lovely 2-10 team should get matched up with another lovely 2-10 team on a random Tuesday afternoon in Shreveport in early December.

We neeeeeeeed the toilet bowl. Like desperately.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sash! posted:

Basically, you just want a 13 game regular season at that point

But with a neutral non-conference game that is more or less evenly matched on paper, determined after the first 12 games are completed..

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

kayakyakr posted:

We neeeeeeeed the toilet bowl. Like desperately.

Sponsored by Scrubbing Bubbles (for the Scrub-Tier Teams)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

But with a neutral non-conference game that is more or less evenly matched on paper, determined after the first 12 games are completed..

What about rivalry weekend?

I like FSU/Florida as the last regular season game.

It's something to look forward to, even during crappy seasons for FSU (like this one).

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Sponsored by Scrubbing Bubbles (for the Scrub-Tier Teams)

Projection: Texas vs Notre Dame

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I saw Bob Bowlsby at the Cotton Bowl, so I yelled at him to expand the Big 12, and specifically to add Cincinnati. If it happens, you can thank me.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

CaptainYesterday posted:

I saw Bob Bowlsby at the Cotton Bowl, so I yelled at him to expand the Big 12, and specifically to add Cincinnati. If it happens, you can thank me.

I think the Big 12 isn't as badly managed as the Browns, so they'll likely disregard what strange men yell at them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you see him again I have a lot of thoughts about Steve Alford I'd like him to hear

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Looks like the Big 12 is possibly negotiating with ESPN and Fox for a pay increase in exchange for not expanding, according to Pete Thamel. Maybe they aren't as dumb as they seem.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
https://twitter.com/BYUSportsNation/status/787838845035290624

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

They're going to be so sad when it doesn't happen.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I hope they are going to be real sad tonight. We have enough wierd religious schools in the conference.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I'm flying out of the country this morning so I get to wonder five whole days to wonder how public and ugly the rejection was for Houston.

Life goes on (though UH football will eventually not)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Korranus posted:

I'm flying out of the country this morning so I get to wonder five whole days to wonder how public and ugly the rejection was for Houston.

Life goes on (though UH football will eventually not)

They have the Internet in other countries, you know.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Thoguh posted:

They have the Internet in other countries, you know.

Sure, but why pay to find out something you already know

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

General Dog posted:

Looks like the Big 12 is possibly negotiating with ESPN and Fox for a pay increase in exchange for not expanding, according to Pete Thamel. Maybe they aren't as dumb as they seem.

Wouldn't the networks want them to expand since there would be more games and a CCG?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Preemptive I didn't want to join your stupid conference anyways

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

an adult beverage posted:

Wouldn't the networks want them to expand since there would be more games and a CCG?

Big 12 is adding a CCG regardless. Also the pro data clause guarantees the Big 12 about $25m per new team, and it seems pretty likely the new teams won't generate that much revenue for the networks.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
As long as the Big 12 doesn't poach anyone from The American, I'm fine.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Democrazy posted:

As long as the Big 12 doesn't poach anyone from The American, I'm fine.

Yeah, about that.

https://twitter.com/RedDirtSport/status/788055928398458881

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Cool toilet paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Feel free to poach one more team from the American, tia

• Locked thread