Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

WVU and VT aren't in the SEC so I'm over here rending my garments in a rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I refuse to believe Santa Ono is a real name a person has on this earth

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They chose "AAC" to foreshadow the sound of their deathrattle.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Idaho should ceremonially burn down the blimp hangar with the football team inside, as a fitting tribute to the power of the football gods

its shoddy plywood construction should help the process

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If you're not able to charter your own airliner to land at the nearest long enough runway, you probably shouldn't be FBS any more.

Doesn't apply if the distance is short enough that it would be dumb as hell to fly. I can't imagine that Penn State will fly to play Pitt, I mean.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Toilet Mouth posted:

New Mexico is a giant poo poo hole

So crappy that we stopped using it to test nuclear weapons.

Think about that for a moment.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I believe there was a conscious effort to break the Big 12 and kill the Big East ahead of a shift to a playoff-centered postseason.

Then Texas hosed it all up.

TEXAS! :doom:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DOOP posted:

Notre Dame is going to play Hockey in the Big Ten starting 2017

What does this mean for foot/basketball? Not much, probably

They should remove the platinum plated tungsten rod from their rear end over something from 200 years ago and just join the conference that like half their rivals live in.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ross Angeles posted:

please let us join somewhere

Should have planned long term and located yourself higher above sea level.

Delaney was definitely factoring in climate change with the "plan for the next hundred years."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bip Roberts posted:

Pretty much ever California city besides Sacramento is mostly built a decent way above sea level. It's Florida that's already done.

I consulted flooding projections and San Diego is in pretty bad shape once everything that drives their economy is under 10 feet of water!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm pretty good at recognizing initials and logos from some obscure colleges, but I have no idea who that UNC is

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dr_Strangelove posted:

The strip mines out west are not at all charming.

Strip mines mean progress and a more powerful America for tomorrow!

Black Thunder puts out a hundred million tons a year. How's there even that much coal down there!? poo poo, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Kentucky must be hollow underneath at this point, if they're all played out by now.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Just cut that conference up for scrap already

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

I don't want to go all Big 10 here, but this forum has led me to believe that most of Boise State's students are studying TV/VCR Repair.

Vocational training was a big deal there until recently. I've hear Idaho fans call it Ada County Community College for this reason.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Sometimes I forget the AAC is even a thing

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DJExile posted:

Yeah even in the relative short term, those deals can be lucrative as poo poo. The B1G doesn't give a poo poo that nobody in DC or NYC is going to watch BTN, they just need to be available to all those televisions.

The Big Ten moved to DC after college. There's a poo poo load of fans here.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

General Dog posted:

Media markets are 2010s logic. We need to start thinking with 2020s logic. What's going to matter in the post-cable 2020s? I don't know, but I have a feeling it's all coming down to wrasslin'

There will be some good rivalries in the future wrestling-centric Big Ten: Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Arizona State, Michigan State, Indiana

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

I think it starts doing that after like 25 or 30 seasons.

40 seasons, I think.

I'm in the 2056 season in 2006.

I kept having to play Texas Tech in the Whatever Bowl Hosts the BCS Championship, so now I play them to start the season every year just to knock them out.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm sitting over here starring at a dented up Longhorns helmet pleading "finish what you started" like Kylo Ren while pondering what the Pac16 logo will look like.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I find the idea of a video interview hilarious.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If that's who you plan on asking to the prom, just stay home really

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hope that the "you made the cut" letters are going out in gaudy golden envelopes sealed with wax, impressed with the official Big 12 signet ring.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You can tell that the Big 12 is a garbage conference because they're treating this like the Bachelor instead of being sane like all the other conferences.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Were a garbage conference only because we didn't make this a reality tv extravaganza where Bowlsby literally hands out roses.

Should use the Dancing with the Stars model so you can have more than one show a week.

Also immunity challenges. Everyone likes immunity challenges.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

General Dog posted:

In a Real Conference a group of gentlemen discuss things behind closed doors, come out, and improve their conference by inviting Rutgers and Maryland.

At least those were major conference teams instead of the leftovers from some mid majors.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

All of those schools are better than Rutgers.

All of them.

Dude, Colorado State has had four three win seasons in the last ten years in a mostly lousy conference and Temple once got kicked out of a conference for being terrible at football, which I'm pretty sure was a unique event.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

General Dog posted:

The power 4 would have to leave the NCAA. Granted, never is a long time, but we're talking decades at least.

I think we're about 85 percent of the way there. They just have to make a case to split FBS in half, which I think that you can.

You don't have to leave the NCAA. Just change the rules in the NCAA to your benefit.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I would like for the old, old Big East to return, but with Penn State and Maryland. But we don't get what we want.

After the AP put out its all time top 100 list, I cobbled a new FBS/IA/Whatever the Hell based on the top 40. Four ten team conferences got me here:

Atlantic
Piedmont
Clemson 
Florida State 
Georgia Tech 
Miami (FL) 
North Carolina 

Allegheny
Penn State 
Pittsburgh 
Virginia Tech 
West Virginia 
Maryland

Who gets to be murdered by FSU in the conference championship? The entire Allegheny division is abuzz!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cliff Racer posted:

Not sure why you'd want Maryland over Cuse.

Guess who was #40 and who was #41 in the rankings I used to pick the top 40!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Korranus posted:

I still firmly believe the G5 will be dumped into FCS in the next 10 or 20 years.

I don't know if it would go that far. I think we'd end up with three tiers.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Basically, you just want a 13 game regular season at that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

CaptainYesterday posted:

I saw Bob Bowlsby at the Cotton Bowl, so I yelled at him to expand the Big 12, and specifically to add Cincinnati. If it happens, you can thank me.

I think the Big 12 isn't as badly managed as the Browns, so they'll likely disregard what strange men yell at them.

• Locked thread