Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

CSPAM ended up being a left wing forum by pure historical circumstance, which was all the Hillarymen posters eating crow and leaving a sucking void that we filled up with our posting coom

Evolution through toxxical selection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dreddout posted:

We have compromised to a permanent end wampalord

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

freckle posted:

ban homex

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

All the hype around Sanders' ground game the past couple weeks, and voter turnout didn't really budge if preliminary numbers are correct.

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1224541132631281665?s=19

You can bet it going to take another major hit after this fiasco.

On top of that, something similar just happened with Labour over in the UK not even 3 months ago.

Sanders' supporters came out (especially youths), it's the participation of the olds that fell.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

if this is actually true then we’re hosed lol

like I’m absolutely not cut out for revolutionary work or violence but if you’re an electoralist who isn’t holding back door meetings with revolutionaries to make peace and coordinate and accepts that someone has to do the dirty work you are delusional imo

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

libs scoff at more revolutionary people saying peaceful protest is just a rally and go "oh so you'd go straight to violence" but there's a huge area of civil disobedience you can do. blockades, strikes are the obvious poo poo, which often leads to fighting with the cops, but don't really hurt innocents. Then if you stop believing private property should be a thing, it's real easy to do property damage. and you'll always need some antifa-like people to stop the chuds from trying to kick your rear end

some or all of this poo poo has been done by every protest movement ever, even MLK was a) pretty aggressive for nonviolent protest, and b) had malcolm x

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

also i'm a retail worker without a job right now, not exactly NYC grad school revolutionary class.

to be clear, i am voting for and calling people for bernie, because i think it could make a real impact on my life and the lives of others i know. but i don't think it will bring about communism, and it shouldn't detract from the other organizing in your life (for me, the SRA and #shutdownetowah)

if nothing else, showing the numbers are on your side can make an impact, since nobody protests alone - you can only do it as a collective. and indeed, it can help enact some change. basically, like LK said, you need to do both and you're deluding yourself if you don't

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dreylad posted:

syndicalism and trade unions are like the one perennially successful model for left-wing organizing, I don't know why you'd ditch it.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

1000% a cop

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

whaaaat

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

There's a woman where I live that makes vegan shoes and boots, by hand.they are very expensive.i bought a pair of boots 10 years ago, and wear them to work almost everyday.they're gonna last 10 years more, at least.they are my Bernie coat.
Well made poo poo lasts.

what's that quote about being poor ending up really expensive from pratchett? i think it fits right here

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Astrology? More like ASStrology

Got em

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

T-man posted:

ban the mods

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

all mods are bastards

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

:hmmyes:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

swimsuit posted:

bernie panders

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at the guy who couldn't comprehend this happening without rigging, electoralism claims another mind.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

drat bernie losing as soon as he leaves the states where you have to hand count the ballots in public with observers

:hmmyes:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Alexpanders Ocasio-Cortez

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i'll make the wiki

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Algund Eenboom posted:

Weed lol.. 420. Lmao

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Most of the men I find attractive are over 30 and therefore rarely share my politics but I have in my time seduced my share of Gen-Xers to more radical views and therefore do not believe them to be entirely hopeless

I'm not that hot, after all

this take on praxis may have gone too far

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

my hobbies? honeypotting hot studs into communism, baby :smug:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i mostly avoided talking politics irl until recently and doing it massively improved my life - turns out most of my friends are at least mildly leftist so there's a good conversation there and it gives me a bit of hope in humanity :shrug: key is not to overdo it, it can be exhausting

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Prince Myshkin posted:

And even here, with the exception of this thread (maybe others exist, I only read here and the movie forum and that's mostly for SMG) the farthest left people go is Bernard "Bernie" Sanders. I really don't get the reputation SA has on the rest of the internet for being this infamous hive of left-wing thought.

Lol at equating supporting bernie with how far left a person is

He's a compromise to 90% of bernie supporting cspammers

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ardennes posted:

The issue is there isn't a plan B.

There's always 'been' a plan b though very few in America are willing to entertain massive risks causing upheaval. it's a real docile population unfortunately

e; that's the reason i a dirty foreigner have the bust gangtag, the reality is bernie could be a good first step to making organizing stronger in the US, not to mention fixing the imperialist policies of the us a little which is very impactful for my neighborhood. Is humanity saved if he wins, hell no, that's not gonna happen until capitalism falls, but it's something

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 6, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Prince Myshkin posted:

You've got many of those people talking about an AOC run in 2024, and she is in several policy respects worse than him. Not being able to get past seeing politics in terms of presidential election cycles seems to affect everybody no matter what radicalism they declaim.

Yea that loving sucks but if Bernie doesn't win I hope this is a radicalising event for some

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Fulfilling quotas on paper only and cutting corners definitely has been a grift in the USSR and to some extent perestroika was a reaction to curb that corruption, however it was done the dumbest way possible (because market liberalism doesn't even bother with the grift to be inefficient)

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 6, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It's weird, feels like we're talking about completely different orgs.

Everything seems fairly straight forward, the majority of their information is on their news and their 'training' websites, and nothing has seemed weird so far.

Now I'm not discounting the fact that I may be blindsided randomly with a weird sex cult. We all know psl is descended from trotskyists.

sounds like a win-win scenario tbh

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Cspam needs some educational efforts to wean some of its more prolific posters off liberalism for good. For all the affective and aesthetic radicalism here, it seems like posters reflexively embrace electoralism, activist-ism, and localism when forced to stake a position.

I feel like a thread dedicated to teaching Marxism would be useful, maybe a readalong with an introductory text on philosophy since that's the big departure from liberalism. I've been meaning to read more intro level stuff to be able to reach out to people more easily anyway.

i'd enjoy a thread for that myself, i haven't read marx thoroughly (read summaries for a bunch of das kapital chapters instead of reading them all, is what I mean) and went straight to conquest of bread etc. but it would be great to get commentary from someone I know is actually leftist

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

marx isnt even a particularly challenging writer, i think that reputation just comes from the density of certain chapters of Das Kapital

das kapital goes from completely understandable to nearly unreadably dense between some chapters, though that was my experience a few years ago in a much worse headspace

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

the bernie bros don't pose a threat, no need to start killing them

we have compromnised to a permanent end bernie bros

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

virgin exmarx, begging posters not to die, vs chad squizzle unilaterally changing toxx policy to never do work again

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i ate a toxx ban when michael avenatti got arrested by the feds and you didn't see me complaining

At least you've learned

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Imagine eating a toxx for basta and going in for bernie seconds lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also columbine anniversary

does that even still register after so many years of that poo poo happening in the USA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no but as a history nerd event dates are seared into my mind

gotta be a lot of loons who did poo poo on hitlers birthday to be honest