Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pentag'n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh god that Snart line in the LoT preview :stare:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh yeah I forgot how badass that shot of Snart running through the explosion was. All the sparks bouncing off him. Was that a mistake?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

Did anyone else think that Ray's "Rip Hunter recruited us to become LEGENDS" line was the worst loving thing in the series thus far?

YES haha I don't know how to put it into words exactly why it was so painful but it bugged the poo poo out of me too. It reminded me of Kenny Powers telling everybody he is going to be a pro ball player again or something.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

evilmiera posted:

I am presuming here, but I guess Gideon is an AI you can copy and install like any other software and over the years it just gets updated like Cortana or something.

It's like a Garmin GPS where you buy the main brain unit then spend like $59.99 on a Darth Vader or Arnold sound pack but it's the future so it also gives the brain a emotional disposition.

'Your Lefts. Turn zem for me.'

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Has that Wentworth Miller facebook post been linked here yet? Real or no?
http://imgur.com/gallery/5A0Xf
:smith:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
guys a wizard did it and that's that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Krad posted:

I couldn't believe Ray straight up murdered a guy! He's hardcore now.

He just wants back on The Flash.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Binary Logic posted:

Fine don't take only my word on it.

Bad boy Rory? I think Stein causes more problems and gets them into more troubling situations than anyone else.

well that movie was a fun piss take on time travel tropes, but did i enjoy it??

*checks tomatometer*

ah, i suppose i did not

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Robot Hobo posted:

That was the best part of the episode for me. It was such an awesomely brutal move, and so completely against his character, that I just could not stop laughing for a bit. More of that, please, sensibility be damned.

I forgot this happened until I started reading these posts. lmao why the hell did he do that???

FilthyImp posted:

This is one of my faves, because it reminds me of those crazy catdrugs episodes of Hercules where Kevin Sorbo, 90s actor, was actually Hercules and the Greek Gods would gently caress with him while he was prepping his lines for Hercules TV or trying to find parking in LA.

Uh...what?? Is this real?

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 22, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Blew my mind that they didn't shoot the Ray vs. Green LED Man as a big budget sentai fight. maybe theyre saving that for the feudal japan episode??

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elite posted:

... aside from getting Carter stabbed OH, complaint retracted.

you'll fit in well here

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wheat Loaf posted:

LoT has its fair share of bad lines but that "Don't you remember? Rip Hunter recruited us to be Legends!" one has to be the first of them all.
That was sooooo so so bad. Sooo bad. And it was written by someone in a room full of other people, then a bunch more people read and re-read it and they all decided that was the best string of words to express what needed to be expressed. At least a dozen people had to see it before it got to Routh and nobody piped up with "hey this is the single dumbest thing ever committed to paper, just fyi." :psyduck:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

twistedmentat posted:

Time Lesbian Shenanigans is the name of my new band. They're on Tour with Bear-Shark Alliance and HoMunkCulus

It actually made up for the JSA missing certain members. The completely incorrect history kind of reminded me of old genre shows with time travel where they'd go to a point in time and not get a single detail right or act like some myth was true, because hey why not act like King Arthur was real?

Lesbiegends of Timeorrow

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

spooky like this! posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that they're just going back to him only using the heat gun and kind of ignoring the Kronos stuff.

Well some ninjas got the jump on him and the next time he shows up he's wearing their clothes. So those guys probably got a surprise rear end kicking.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WhyteRyce posted:

This is show is dumb fun. What historic figure is Mick going after next? Will he love roasting Hussars

Vikings... He won't love roasting them as much. Lots of burnt hair.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TFRazorsaw posted:

Pretty sure she kissed Snart.

Isn't Wentworth Miller gay irl? So gay character + gay actor = that was like a brother sister cheek kiss at best.

*updates dc_kiss_canon.xls*

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

Surprisingly, gay actors can play heterosexual characters.

why would they do that? who would allowthem to?? WHAT!!?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So Haircut + Cold Gun = ColdCut?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope when Ray gets to do the episode intro it's a 2 second

"Hey audience, remember? Rip sent us back in time to be Legends! :hawaaaafap:"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

Are you making GBS threads me? You don't see this?

pfffft that exactly same shaped building dont have no stairs:colbert:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why didn't they just film at the real Hall of Justice?

Snyder has it booked up for YEARS!!!!:argh:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't think Wentworth Miller is setting anybody straight, but whatever.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anybody itt seen 400 Days on Netflix? Caty Lotz and Brandon Routh and the lawyer guy from Silicon Valley on a spaceship.

EDIT: Wait a minute I think I remember seeing a trailer for this a year ago but Dane Cook was in it

EDIT2: hah Dane Cook is in it, cool. Netflix is weird about who they choose to list in their movies, he's not a comedian I listen to but I figured he'd be a bigger name than the rest of the cast.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 10, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aw that's a nice premise. George gets poo poo on (maybe deservedly) so much now he probably had an :unsmith: moment like "well, at least super heroes still like me." after OKing the whole thing.

Over/Under on one of the group accidentally inspiring Jar Jar Binks? Or Stein/Jefferson = C3P0/R2D2

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
George Washington's a punk.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
now I want a Being John Malkovich sorta movie where Roger Cross has a wealthy benefactor who bankrolls canadian scifi productions that just seem to pop up and wrap up as soon as he comes and goes from a given location.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Binary Badger posted:

I don't get it.. Thawne has no powers in zero gravity?! How does that work?!

So if the Black Flash can't get to him while he's in orbit why doesn't he just stay in space?

The Waverider is at times made out of either adamantium or paper maché, I swear.

Spaceforce u dense mother

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hm, that was an impressive opening shot for this show, I've been conditioned to expect starting with bomb sounds and a shaky camera already in the trench instead of a smokey battlefield pan.

EDIT: hahaha he's actually pissed and it wasn't just a trap to get the legends to deliver the spear to him

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 23, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
During the downtime Mick went legit and started a Burroughs Security Consultation. Now nobody can trust him....he's too... good.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

I just checked CW Seed and apparently not.

But there are a bunch of animated Justice League movies and a trailer for a Freedom Fighters show with Ray, Black Condor, and Red Tornado.

Sadly every time i try to play it the app crashes.

edit: HOLY poo poo! The Ray series is set on Planet X where the Nazis won where he leads a team of heroes against the SS Oliver, Barry, and Kara!

I don't know why I'm this excited by a dumb cartoon but I can't believe that even on a dumb web thing they made the stars of their three series Nazis.

GO TO PLANET X, Legends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw

lmao I thought you were exaggerating and it'd be iron cross """""nazis""""" who look the part but in a nah-nah-i'm-not-touching-you kinda way....

frame 1:stare::

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pizdec posted:

God damnit I really want to like this, but I hate the in-house DC animation style that started with Young Justice and seems to have infected all of their stuff.

I enjoy the character designs but it'd be better if they could make then simpler so they could animate higher than 12fps

• Locked thread