Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wheat Loaf posted:

Didn't all the previews have a scene where Ollie and Barry are giving the team a pep-talk on the same rooftop where Rip recruited them?

That was footage shot specifically for upfronts so they would have something to show. They filmed the real pilot later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Doctor No is a good look for Dahrk

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Convenient that Savage's secret lab was in Ivy Town.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They should've shown both parts of the pilot back to back, it would've flowed better.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, we got a little bit of Jack Bristow when he bluffed his way into the auction, and it was good.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Snart and Leonard just trying to steal random artifacts for the sake of stealing them was great.

I thought Snart was going to justify stealing other stuff to obscure what their actual goal was.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I like how Rip's the reason his family is dead.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Not nearly enough wigs for 80's spy hijinks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The, uh, histrionics are a little much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Couldn't Sara have...I don't know, shot the guards?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jax had a terrible surgeon reconstruct his ACL

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Excellent use of the catch phrase on that trailer.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It's average is right around a 1 in the key demo, which is tied with Arrow for second on the CW. So the ratings are good enough to warrant a renewal.

e: which is all stuff already said. Still, I don't think a "singular" cape show would be appreciably cheaper, and I don't think that will enter into the renew/cancel decision.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TyrantWD posted:

It dipped below Arrow to 0.8 this week. I'd expect any other DC show they attempt to do better than that.

Arrow did a .9 this week, that's not really all that much better.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I feel like Jax is overlooking the fact that Cisco is his most serious competition for Kendra's affection.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Love triangle subplot was dumb. Shame they couldn't give them anything else to do.

At least it was played for laughs and is, hopefully, contained to just this episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

I can't remember if they covered it but did they just out Oliver Queen as Green Arrow to Captain Cold and Heatwave? Kinda seems like a dick move given that they'll inevitably end up back in their own timelines.

Harrison Wells figured it out in about 30 seconds last season on The Flash (though he probably just went into his time bunker and asked Gideon).

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ray's enthusiasm at everything is so much fun.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Why does Ray have to seal the hole from the outside?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

Because Canary and Captain Cold were trapped in the room the breach was in and the interior doors wouldn't open.

He can shrink and fly through the hole

And why didn't Gideon notice all the time pirates on the shuttle?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

pentyne posted:

"Time to learn not to mess with a nuclear physicist"

Jack Bristow is always up for owning fools.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Snart as a G-Man is great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Berlanti & crew really love putting fries in milkshakes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hey, they're finally using the Atom suit properly

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The cop just left her there??

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ooohh, the cop's working for Savage

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Is Rip gonna shove another dictator in a cupboard?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I still kind of think the entire point of this season is Rip coming to accept the death of his family.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

How does the Hawk person regeneration work if only one of them dies? Is Carter stuck in limbo until Kendra kicks the bucket?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Has Rip finally accepted that his family is dead?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So, uh, how's everyone going back home?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Roofie him Jax!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I will accept Justice Society of America as a hook into next season.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

So am I right in assuming that Time Travel Vandal Savage is still out there on his spaceship? I was surprised they didn't show it to us which is why I'm doubt it but the three Savages they killed were just the guys' in Savage's timeline, right? So the fourth Savage who set the whole plan into motion is still out there? Or was the Savage the Hawks/Rip killed Time Travel Vandal? In which case is there still a living Savage in his timeline until he gets kidnapped in Rip's time or did killing Savage in 75 or 55 kill him or why could they kill Savage in 77 if they killed him in 55? gently caress...

loving time travel.

The Savage in 21-whatever was the Time Traveling Savage

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Xealot posted:

Doesn't fix the bigger issue: Rip Hunter is still here. The Hawkpeople flew off, and good loving riddance. But also, gently caress Rip. He's terrible.

I think (hope) Rip will be better now that he won't be simultaneously yelling at the rest of the team for changing history while trying to change history.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Legends has been in production for about a week to ten days.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It's honestly a minor miracle they look as good as they do considering they have less time and less money than the movies do. BvS probably cost what, three times as much as the entire first season of legends?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

It occurred to me when reading this that I have no idea how budgets for TV shows work. Your estimate seems high since BvS was made for 250 million, but a third of that would put the per episode cost of LoT at 5 million? Which could be right (or at least close)?

I forgot BvS cost that much :downs: An episode of Legends is ballpark between 1-3 million dollars. Probably closer to a million considering they're on the CW.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKUF5Fjg4jP/
Oh I do like the looks of this.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That looks heckin rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

What's he been doing lately? Gulliver's Travels royalties can't pay for a house in the hills.

Making Jumanji with The Rock, Kevin Hart and Karen Gillan

• Locked thread