Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dead Snoopy posted:

As soon as Stein handed over that roofied drink, I just turned to a friend and said, "this is some A-Team poo poo right here."

I'm 100% okay with them requiring drugs to get him on the timeship every episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

A Woman Called Hawk.

Yeah?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

Oh Agent Carter is tanking. "Agent Carter lost some viewers from its season premiere, but held a 0.9 rating, tying the series low from last week." I don't think it'll get renewed.

It's still a better show than AoS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Amell himself said he's going to be on LoT.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Didn't all the previews have a scene where Ollie and Barry are giving the team a pep-talk on the same rooftop where Rip recruited them?

Yup. They reshot a lot of the pilot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpankWich posted:

Well I mean he was in the pilot, so even if he never appeared again he wouldn't have been lying. But I could for sure see him showing up in short cutscenes with a character or two in some episodes, but definitely not going with them on a time adventure.

Well as linked, he's going to show up again.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Ah, I see. Is there anywhere I can read about what they changed?

I don't really remember where I read it aside from some stuff on Twitter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I said it when he first appeared and I will say it again, Tiny Ray is the goddamned best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tsob posted:

I remember him being pretty good and much more subdued in John Doe, but it's been ten years or so since I saw that so I could just be remembering his performance there badly.

He's always fun to watch, even in Blade Trinity!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone stop calling Hawkman Hawyguy. Hawkman sucks, Hawkguy is awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I too love me some Clancy Brown but he's looking just a tad too old to be playing a threatening Immortal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the comics he would harvest the organs of his descendants as needed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kesper North posted:

I have a twinge of cognitive dissonance every time someone calls Heatwave by his given name on a show that stars Arthur Darville.

Yeah I get all "hey wait..." each time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Even if everything good that has happened in the CW DC universe show was somehow not good then all that bad would still be worth it for Wentworth Miller's Leonard Snart. The greatest TV comic villain since Frank Gorshin.

The first time he said "The Scarlet Speedster!" I felt like comic book tv had peaked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mick continues to be the best part of this show closely followed by Ray.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ray is handsome and has perfect hair.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

This is probably, like, half-racist, maybe three-fourths racist, but what are the odds Connor Hawke is related to Diggle somehow?

Eh, not that racist. Diggle works with the original Green Arrow and is a vigilante himself. DC is all about that legacy so it would be okay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xoidanor posted:

Inspired choice to literally have your "russians torturing guys" scene be a rip-off of the opening scene to Archer which in itself was a parody.

God is this show bad.

Go watch Lethal Weapon smart guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It wasn't a ripoff of Archer though so your attempt at humor failed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

It's okay to hate the show, but making up references is really loving strange. They were not referencing Archer. :psydyck:

No you see because here is my 1000 word essay on why LoT is ripping off a 3 minute segment from 5 years ago...
:goonsay:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

I think he was saying this torture scene which we're supposed to take seriously is pretty similar to another torture scene that is a joke.

Yeah except that it wasn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kesper North posted:

They should have Rip punch Hitler, then Arthur Darville will be 2 for 2 on fascist dictator punching across genre shows.

"I'm having the strangest sense of deja vu..."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Neil Patrick Harris could totally work on the Flash because he's one of the most famous jays around.

Wrong thread but bravo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can I catch it hanging out at the Jay bathhouses?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did anyone else think that Ray's "Rip Hunter recruited us to become LEGENDS" line was the worst loving thing in the series thus far?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Was this the reason the Doctor calls himself the Doctor in Doctor Who?

Not really, everyone on his home planet still knew who he was. It was more about him rejecting his culture.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

computer parts posted:

There's been a couple different reasons but that was never one of them.

For a while now everyone's been convinced that his planet and his entire people blew up. Until it turned out they were just hiding at the end of the Universe. Yes, like in Hitchhiker's Guide.

That has nothing to do with why he calls himself he Doctor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

Can we not talk about Doctor who? Legends of Tomorrow isn't perfect, but there's no reason to try to make it seem better by comparing it to a much worse children's sci-fi show

Yeah it's not like both shows are about time travel or anything. Or that one of the stars made his name because of Doctor Who.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

Lots of actors have done regrettable things early in their career.

The producers of LoT would kill to get to the level DW is at.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FELD1 posted:

Just don't tell Tumblr that there's a bisexual character on this show too. It didn't go well with 'The 100'

So where was the outrage when they killed Sarah off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Garber, Miller, Lotz and Routh make this show worth watching.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krad posted:

We won't miss Cold as much once they introduce the Blue and Gold. :smug:

Don't you loving tease me like that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Brandon Routh let slip in some DC promotional video that one of the crew isn't who we think they are. Whatever that means.

Maybe it means that Ronnie is hiding in the Firestorm matrix and we can leave the annoying little poo poo back in 2015.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As usual, Ray is the best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I guess the cold gun is working properly again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Practical Demon posted:

DC's film division has been really superstitious for years, trying to cargo cult Marvel's success without understanding it while simultaneously making everything into The Dark Knight. Green Lantern was their last attempt at something different, and its failure was what created their Nolan-style "no joy, ever" policy.

That only just changed when Deadpool made money, and they decided they needed to spend a lot of money reshooting Suicide Squad to make it a hard R comedy. I'm sure changing the entire tone of the movie four months before release will work out great.

The Suicide Squad "reshoots" are scheduled pick-ups and Smith and Robbie are confirmed to be already filming new projects and not a part of it. Try paying attention to this thread as this has all been debunked 17 or 18 times now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That chopper took way too long to crash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

I completely forgot Tim Robbins was in that.

Tim Robbins probably wishes everyone would forget that he was in that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So now Ray has a previously unmentioned twin brother?

Also getting real tired of Rip's upturned collar. Real tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

They did something like this in a comic book. Don't remember who transported Savage to some island at a point in time that was about to be hit by some sort of bomb that ironically Savage himself had ordered in that time period.

DC One Million #4. Chronos (not anything like the one in this show) rigs his time travel gear (that Savage had stolen) to transport him back to 1998 right on the spot where Savage had set of a nuke.

• Locked thread