Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

e: ahaha them all being chosen because they are worthless also owns

the best reveal lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TyrantWD posted:

I'm guessing Hawkman and Ray will die, and Jackson will get left behind in time.

This would be the best outcome.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lotus circle posted:

Hate to double post, but here's a new clip from next week's show.

The visuals on Atom's shrinking aren't the best, but there's something highly amusing about all the crooks who try to snatch him while he blasts full sized lasers at them.

I like how Vandal is just sitting there watching this.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

That's a great clip. The production values for this show are superb.

Honestly though...Savage should just be completely outclassed by these people, shouldn't he? I'm not even sure how he should be a threat to Ray alone.

eh, only Ray and Firestorm would really be able to gently caress him up.

Dude is "magic" and would probably clown everyone else. 2 guys with guns, 2 worthless hawkpeople, a future guy with a future gun and an assassin.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

What does Savage even do with magic? Damien Darhkhkh's done more magic than him. In the Flarrow crossover Savage had the staff of magical blue Horus explosions and that was the only impressive thing he's ever done. Barry should've hosed him up the very first time they met but he didn't because Barry's perennially brain-damaged. I'm sure we'll see Savage do...something...to prevent practically any member of this team from clowning him, but so far I can't imagine what it would be.

Being immortal? I'll assume that him magic regeneration or whatever

or they could get anyone with a gun to shoot him a few times then get one of the hawkpeople to finish him off. the rest of the season is getting drunk and into bar brawls through time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vorgen posted:

So Time Masters are discouraged from marriage or families because they don't need "entanglements," and when Rip's family died the Time Masters refused to help. So he's really Anakin Timewalker.

Turns out Vandal Savage just wanted to chill out(and kill hawk people every 10 years or so) but then this rear end in a top hat from the future started messing with his poo poo NON STOP. So of course he had to take over the world to prevent this from happening.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Haha, Sara fighting bad guys stoned.

It's her secret power up. She did steal the remaining 3 joints :420:

:rip: lovely hawkman. I was a bit disappointed that hawkgirl didn't die too. That would have been amazing for Savage to win like that in their second encounter.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

People celebrating Hawkman's death, don't forget, they can always just pull another one from the timeline.

I would very much like it if every episode starts with them getting a new hawkman only for the episode to end with him dying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

List of people on the team who can't take Vandal on:

Hawkman lol
Kendra
Prof Stein

Actually prof Stein would probably take a huge bong rip then science up some poo poo. Savage is not a credible villain at all.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

enraged_camel posted:

i like how you guys are totally evaluating Vandal based on his ability to take on the group lol

the dude is literally immortal, and the only person who can possibly kill him doesn't even know how to fight properly

most of the team can incapacitate him(except for plot stupidity) and wait for Kendra to walk over to him and put a knife in his chest

very dangerous villain

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

Exactly. Everyone glosses over the fact that Barry was only able to beat him by save scumming.

Well he also had his magic city nuking staff. He doesn't have the magic staff yet(or anymore? did they blow it up too I can't remember).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Now that he has more to do he's putting up a better showing. They're also doing a wonderful job of establishing why he's so dangerous with this episode. He has all the time in the world, and a long memory.

Yea that was nice too see. Also him shooting magic blue lasers from his dagger haha.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

So are they going to explain why they can't just take his body to the time ship, wait for Kendra to wake up and then stab him?

Other than "There's 7 episodes left"

Rip is dumb as gently caress is why.

Heatwave is the MVP with the Eyes Wide Shut line.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Binary Logic posted:

Solid episode. When it started I thought the whole team was going to make an entrance in Ancient Egypt in period costumes. Maybe some day.

1. He's already dead, so killing him now will not end him.
2. Even 'dead', Savage is far too dangerous to take on the Tardis Waverider. If they fail to finixh him he could take it over and become The Master (of Time and Space). Speaking of that I got a kick out of someone yelling in Rip's face, "Why?" like it was a riff on the usual question to a Time Lord of, "Who?". With all his crazy schemes, Jax should just start calling Rip, Dr. Why.

-So they can wait until he's healed then have Hawkgirl shank him. They don't have to bring him on the ship, keep him in a 1970s warehouse. Then they can all get super high while waiting for him to heal.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Binary Logic posted:

So they stash him in a warehouse and then his followers find and free him and we're back where we are now.. :derp:

You mean the followers that were so poo poo that even Jackson was able to beat some of them up? :smug:

It was just real dumb leaving him(and the dagger lol) there. They should have just put in a part where a ton more Vandal believer reinforcements showed up so they had to retreat after Rip cut his throat.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cold puns and Russian prison break. I am ready for next week.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

That episode that CTV leaked early is so dumb. Why does Ray not take his suit on an infiltration mission where he could have just gotten in by virtue of being tiny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

Ray and Firestorm are Angel Summoner. Everyone else is BMX Bandit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Couldn't they have, I don't know, tried to do something other than just let the small yield nuclear explosion go off in the middle of a gulag? Seems unfortunate for all those prisoners.

yea I was gonna say that couldn't have done anything, but Stein and Jax probably could have absorbed her nuke like they did with the actual nuke.

:rip: nameless prisoners and guards

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

XboxPants posted:

Wildcat's still alive.

He could end every episode badly beaten and bleeding in the street while his younger protege is fine.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Big L posted:

This is a pretty fun/entertaining show and the character interactions are great. The only major nitpick I have is how they never even attempt to properly kill Vandal Savage when he's at their mercy, like in the latest episode. At this point, I'd almost prefer if they'd pull a Danger 5 and have Savage jumping out of windows every single episode to escape.

That would make the show infinitely better.

"And for the love of god, drat well kill Hitler Savage" - Colonel Chestbridge Rip Hunter

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mick is still the best.

Future Star City was a good timeline because Ollie said Felicity left. Sure the city is in ruins, but it's a price worth paying.

Love triangle subplot was dumb. Shame they couldn't give them anything else to do.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

At least it was played for laughs and is, hopefully, contained to just this episode.

Yea. It wasn't aggressively terrible like the Arrow love plots, but just kinda meh.

Please god let it be a one off thing though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Space Ranger Stein owns. He got swagger for days with his pirate outfit. TIME PIRATE outfit

:rip:? Heatwave. You were the best part of the show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

xerxus posted:

The previews made this look like a bottle episode, but man they really made it memorable.

They didn't need to leave Mick in 2016. They could have dropped him off in a secluded place in 2017. Would their timefuckery have erased Mick Rory from the timeline? They seem to play loose with the rules so who knows.

Well the reason they didn't leave him in the present is because most of the team has family still alive in that time so they were fearing retribution. So really there is no good option.

(they shouldve put him back in 2046 or whenever he was gangleader)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

It also makes Rip's backstory make no sense. He didn't become a Time Master after his wife was killed. They left the Time Masters together and chose to live in the Vandal Savage Kills Everyone era.

Rip is pretty dumb. This isn't a new revelation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope it's Hawkman and he's super pissed that Kendra is being hit on by Jax and Ray.

"Guys, we have to be careful of Savage. He's one guy. God forbid all of us jump him and then Kendra stabs him with the dagger. Let's send her alone instead."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Felicity back in the wheelchair. Probably just a delayed episode but I hope someone broke her spine again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Snart went a little coyote on us. Can't wait for the cybernetic hand/arm that has the cold gun built into it, now.

Edit: Aaaaw. No awesome coldgun cybernetic hand/arm for Snart. Just a deus ex machina hand regeneration.

So disappointed he didn't get a cool icebeam firing hand.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

man they really are terrible at their job. also Jax with the only sensible idea of maybe talk to the kid first before murder

good work speeding up the apocalypse Rip you idiot

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

Maybe they should've stopped that Armageddon Virus thing that ripened the fields for Savage's conquest.

or stopped all the murderbots instead of just turning them off for a bit

:negative:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

If they were just super mediocre it'd be fine. But they manage to actively contribute to a superfucking of the timeline.

Giving miniaturization tech to a bunch of terrorists 40 years before it's really developed.

Proving the enemy's Nuclear Man equation works during the height of the cold war.
Helping to release an apocalypse virus 5 years ahead of schedule.

And so on. Rip could have recruited a team of hobos with attitude and cycled them out as the died to better effect.

It was amazing that Rip was angry and refusing to let Ray get his shrinking suit from his apartment at first. Like c'mon you retard, this happened before and that was just with a piece of his suit.

Also it involved a super dangerous mission of walking to his apartment and coming back. Rip really is the worst.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack of Hearts posted:

Leaked ep stuff:

This is terrible, they cheaped out on the Hex makeup, and somehow the Hawkgirl storyline just got even worse. This show practically counts as pro-Savage propaganda by this point.

I think the best part was hardcore paintball players the hunters getting their asses kicked so easily. Don't worry though, the time masters are using T2 rules to finally stop the team.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

I love how even Rip is acknowledging at this point how much of a fuckup they all are. The Time Masters are right, they're the single greatest threat that Hypertime has ever known.

Look you guys shouldn't go into town because you will just gently caress stuff up

*proceeds to do exactly that*

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha lil Rip :ese:

kid will stone cold shank a bitch to get some food. this is your captain folks.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I was rooting for the Time Pilgrim.

Pretty disappointed she didn't kill a single one of them. At least she fared better than the bmx paintball crew from last week.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That was the finale? lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

The gently caress? No it wasn't. Do you even pay attention? There are 3 episodes left.

Thank god. Maybe Kendra will just decide to bash in Savage's head and the last 2 eps will be them celebrating through time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

People should just stay away from The Flash because it's bad.

still praying that a time wraith shows up and murders the whole crew

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Robot Hobo posted:

Rip himself, in the latest episode, explained that he went back to the time his family was killed, over and over again, going slightly earlier each time. He couldn't even count how many times he did it, which (even for these characters) should suggest a number greater than two or three. But Pilgrim only gets one shot at changing the timeline because... um... stuff.

I like how the explanation for that was that "time wants to happen". I think it would be hilarious if the reason that Rip's retards can't stop Savage is for the same reason.

The Time Masters were right all along :tinfoil:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why is everyone in this show so loving stupid

Pretty much this.

Also this works as a way better finale than last week even though it isn't. GJ Rip's retards you lost.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

If Rip had studied Time Master history instead of League of Assassins history, he'd clearly know that Vandal Savage was a necessary component in the creation of time travel and the founding of the Time Masters. :pseudo:

I was hoping that some of the Time Masters would be his kids. Stack the deck in his favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phylodox posted:

I can't wait until next week, when the Legends of Tomorrow have Savage cornered, only to have him escape by throwing a sheet over himself and chasing them through the Vanishing Point because he's a g-g-g-g-ghost!!!

Now I am going to be so disappointed when this doesn't happen :(

• Locked thread