Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Rip you are a piece of poo poo. Don't tell anyone that stopping Savage will lead to humanity's extinction in 10 years. Then again Rip didn't give a gently caress about Vandal Savage and his conquest of the world until his family died, so he's a consistent piece of poo poo.

The CW curse strikes again. Sara and Snart can't just be pals. They gotta get romantic! :rip: Mayor Snart

Was one of the captains that tried to chase the Waverider Claudia Black?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hermetic posted:

So we're just not gonna talk about how the alien invaders are Thanagarians, huh? You know, the planet Hawkman/girl are from in the comics?

Nah, Rip gotta save his family. gently caress humanity.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Decius posted:

He got a contract to appear in all the Berlanti shows now. He isn't dead dead at least.

Earth 2 Mayor Snart declares Flash the greatest threat his city has seen.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Turns out the trick to killing Savage was killing him infront of the meteor!

also did Rip say that Carter could kill him but in the 2nd ep he failed so :confused: writers fix your poo poo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

I was so ready to finally write this goddamn show off after tonight and then in the last few minutes they go and remove the second worst part of the show entirely and then have Patrick J. Adams, who I think is great, show up playing a character I really like? Not cool show. Not cool.

Don't do it. You know it will still be bad in season 2 unless they fire all the writers and get new ones.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

karrethuun posted:

This show is incredibly stupid. They had an entire episode about the time masters bounty hunter attempting to murder their younger selves or they would cease to exist.. yet they have to kill Savage in 3 different timelines? By the "rules" they had already established killing him once in 1958 should have made his future versions cease to exist and completely alter the time line.

I also don't quite understand the time masters. When are they supposed to have been founded? That tech of theirs seems way more advanced than 2166.

Also can someone please travel back in time and fix the goddamn title of this thread its been triggering me for months.

It's because the writers are poo poo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GobiasIndustries posted:

Savage being triple-dead is good enough for me. Time travel as a main plot point will never make logical sense. (is there a show where time travel actually makes sense?)

The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Continuum
12 Monkeys

or shows with good writers who lay out rules for time travel and follow them instead of just making poo poo up as they go.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xoidanor posted:

How was Continuum not making poo poo up as it went along?

It still followed rules it laid down about time travel.

boom boom boom posted:

I kinda feel like once they discovered that there's no free will, the future is decided by evil Time Travel Tyrants, that should've become the main plot.

How were they evil?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUrbrdZj-I4

Good job killing all the Time Masters Rip you moron.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Oh yay, maybe one of the worst parts of Arrow S4 gets to come to LoT with time travel shenanigans.

But I didn't see Barrowman in the trailer :confused:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy A. Person posted:

It occurred to me when reading this that I have no idea how budgets for TV shows work. Your estimate seems high since BvS was made for 250 million, but a third of that would put the per episode cost of LoT at 5 million? Which could be right (or at least close)?

There is no way that LoT has a 5mil per episode budget.

Supergirl had 3mil an ep on the biggest network.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wanted to believe when they said they learned their mistakes from S1

https://mobile.twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/765684462449332224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtkD5TnVMAAyfkQ.jpg:large

I'm budget Tobey Maguire.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLHj1-gE488

Samurai Ray still looks bad but hopefully Dharke and Reverse Flash can carry the show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Rip's gonna die isn't he?

That's one major improvement from last season.

lotus circle posted:

So is there gonna be a new thread made for this, or does no one care enough?

Legends of Tomorrow: Where the time travel rules are made up and the plot points don't matter

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Every episode needs Reverse Flash killing someone. Or a lot of people.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

Man these guys are such fuckups.

"We're professionals. We know what we're doing." :roflolmao:

"I designed it so an idiot could use it." :v:
"An idiot does."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

OB_Juan posted:

A heist without Snart?

It's ok, they have Mick. His plan: burn down the castle and find the armor in the ashes the next day.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Also when he turned the bomb into water in the finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jax enjoying burning some slave owners

Season gonna end with everyone enjoying a little :flame:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

They left a burned out space vessel from the future in a field, burned down a plantation mansion and killed everyone who went to that party, and introduced General Grant and his troops to a zombie hoard with no ramifications to the future.

Look it doesn't matter because the Thanagarian invasion is still coming to wipe out humanity.

Thanks again Rip Hunter

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"I thought fighting Hitler would unite the US and the Soviet Union" :laugh:

Their fuckups would be a lot more understandable if they didn't keep repeatedly loving up in the same way aka who tries to change history this week.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It would have been better if the train ran him over, but then that caused it to derail stopping it from exploding in the mountain

but then also taking out a nearby town because that's how the Legends roll. Mission Accomplished!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, id like to see them merge Jax with someone new. Maybe a lady for maximum awkwardness. Ideally they find a way to make him stay and send Stein home but I'm just working under the current dynamic where if Martin decides to hang it em Jax doesn't have much choice in the matter.

:rip: Russian Firestorm lady.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Dominators did nothing wrong. :colbert:

TwoPair posted:

So Barry and Supergirl just planted torture chips on all the aliens at superspeed and they stopped a whopping one bomb. And then the aliens left. And that's the victory? I mean, I guess it'd be cliche if Cisco and Stein used the transponder and a Macbook to upload a virus to the mothership and blow up all the other dropships, but I mean come on, this is hardly a conclusion. The threat is still very much out there and active. It'd be like if Arrow's season finale was just Prometheus taking off and then Oliver going "HE'S DEFINITELY NOT COMING BACK" (although I think this is literally the scriptwriting process for Merlyn nowadays).

The Dominators should team up with the Thanagarians and conquer / wipe out earth. Every season Barry or the LoT crew should add another race that hates us.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aquasnake posted:

Maybe I'm making a mistake by nitpicking part of Legends, but it was incredibly dumb when the 3 of them were captured and couldn't break out because the darts stopped their powers. Given what we found about about the agents later, the darts probably nullify metahumans, and the people affected were 1. A guy with a gun (where did the put his gun? When did he get it back), 2. Someone who is not a meta, and was instead injected with future science tech (Or something?), 3. A regular human wearing a magical talisman that has nothing to do with her biochemistry. And of top of that they immediately start using their powers once they get out of the cell. The should have either sent some metas on that sideplot instead, or just claimed that somehow the cell was a dampening field instead, (nevermind that wouldn't work either for similar reasons.)

This has been my 2 cents analyzing a show that was never supposed to have logic applied, I just like a little internal consistency.

This is definitely not the show for that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You can undo brain damage? Why haven't you helped Rory the whole crew?

Very glad to see that Sara learned the important lesson of protecting time except when your friends are in danger then maybe it's ok to do whatever. :downs:

Carlosologist posted:

Rip's been directing lovely B-movies :laffo:

I would watch an episode with him in the 60s directing movies and doing a ton of drugs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Beens posted:

Compasses generally find things.
No they don't.

Glad I'm not the only one who caught that. The writers are so bad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

McSpanky posted:

I was really disappointed because we know that even without superspeed Eobard is an Oliver-level hand to hand badass and he should've had a trick or two up his sleeve for just this occasion, dude's a four-quadrant threat.

e: I rewatched the fight vs. Flash/Ollie/Firestorm and Oliver has the upper hand but Wells gets some licks in and definitely isn't dunked on, it would've been more satisfying if he pulled a few moves on them instead of "evil wins because good is dumb".

What if Eobard also had a gun? My god he could be unstoppable.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy A. Person posted:

Why do they never ever bother to use Firestorm, the strongest member of their team? Just trying to make fights interesting?

That or they could make him super dumb. Just like Flash

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CW please cancel Legends of Tomorrow and replace it with Legion of Doom.

lotus circle posted:

So are we all in agreement this is the best CW DC show right now? The show should get points alone for the dramatic improvement from s1 to s2.

Nah. LoT is generally pretty mediocre to downright retarded, but tonight's episode was great.

e: can't Eobard phase through walls? Or was that just Zoom?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 1, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope Rip stays evil forever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FELD1 posted:

This is somehow even more awkward than the pilot in the Mass Effect games dating his spaceship.

Don't gently caress the spaceship Rip

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

So, Andromeda?

Avatar Gideon arguing with ship Gideon would be pretty good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bull3964 posted:

Why hasn't PERSON ACTION?

Legends madlibs!

(real answer is they are a bunch of idiots.)

Why hasn't Ray spaced Thawne on the moon?

Thawne calling out Ray for not using his dwarf star tech for power plants / helping humanity was great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lotus circle posted:

It isn't that Thawne has no powers in zero gravity, it's that they wouldn't be effective. You can't run in space and your movements would be slowed down as well. As soon as they landed the Waverider back on Earth, he immediately phased out of his holding cell (unlike some idiot speedsters named Barry Allen) and ran off.

He could've phased his hand through Ray's head instead of punching him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Legion wins. Show over.

Mooseontheloose posted:

The historian doesn't think to jump to the Christmas Day Armistice?

Or jump to literally any point after the war.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Damian killed Felicity and Barry? He's the greatest hero of all time.

Thawne owns and they really are stupid. "Let's go down fighting against a speedster :downs:"

e: I do like that the solution for destroying the spear was throw it into the sun. Or something 1000x as hot as the sun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 29, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"So you're saying we're the aberrations?" "Why would Rip Hunter break the first rule of time travel?" :roflolmao: Yea don't pretend like there are time travel rules now.

The shields are gone! We gotta time jump! Can't just fly up so they can't shoot us anymore.

lotus circle posted:

Ehh I feel like this finale was a little underwhelming. It didn't help that they had a super awesome shot of Eobard gathering up a poo poo ton of Reverse Flashes, which you would think could kill everyone in like two seconds but nope. Though it's kind of weird that they mindwiped Damien and Snart, but no mention of Malcolm getting his memories erased.

:agreed:

VBane posted:

Somehow, I don't think that's the last we see of Eobard.

It'll probably be revealed that even the main Eobard that was killed by the Black Flash was also a time remnant. I'll just assume that he made the first time clone, then had that clone make the rest so that's why they all died at once. Or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Medullah posted:

Stein can't leave because he's one half of the team's most powerful weapon. Without them, who else would they have split up with Jax so they aren't able to use such weapon?

*gets taken out by a single arrow*

• Locked thread