Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That's Kagerou Days. It's about a boy who keeps waking up on the same day unable to save his girl friend from dying in an unbreakable cycle. Then there's a twist at the end. I think they made an anime out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hG4DIlRA4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Healbot posted:

This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee. It's my personal favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ZjRqk_JI8

That's Undine, a mythological siren figure.

e: nvm, linked already.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Calne Ca is just a design based on Miku. The song where that design first appeared (before the already mentioned Bacterial Contamination) doesn't even have any singing. It's just a cool electro-styled thingy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Also, honestly, having known Utata-P's work before i expected a few more songs like that, but Chiri Chiri Juso is the closest we came, if i remember correctly. (Look up the lyrics to this one.)

That's Kikou, though, not UtataP. Kikou makes some of the most beautiful, playful songs I've heard, 95% of the time with Miku singing. The only problem is if you know Japanese or have the translated lyrics showing up on screen, they are some of the most horrifying/disturbing things you can possibly imagine. He's weird.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

why are there no good roguelikes/lites on the vita anyway

This was true like a year or two ago. Now I'd say you aren't looking.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

For recent stuff, Crypt of Necrodancer just came out. Shiren 5 is coming in a few months.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Yeah well, even fully loaded PCs can barely handle the flash abomination that is Isaac.

It hasn't been Flash for like two years now. Though they did force people to rebuy the game and it's still not that amazingly programmed. But it runs perfectly fine on PC, so your point is wrong there.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ys 8:

New characters and stuff. Probably screenshots from the PS4 version, but eh.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 12, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

There's a 41 old guy in an anime game that isn't dead from being old. These are strange times we are living.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, one more screenshot from Falcom's website:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

To be honest, it looks far better than Celceta. Now that was an uprezzed PSP game.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

"Some".

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I wish I had a 16 GB card. Every time I say "ok, this is it, I'm gonna get a bigger memory card", I stare at the prices and go buy another game instead. I just can't logic it away somehow even though it would improve my Vita experience.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

so i got a ps4 and i just tried playing bloodborne on my vita, it doesn't really seem practical for that

You'd need one of those grips that turn the touchpad into actual buttons.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yes, that's Tizoc in KOFXIV. Or rather that's The Dinosaur King, he did a heel turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UtzuUWN9zg

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Well, Setsuna is out in Japan (that new low budget JRPG from SE) and it runs atrociously on the Vita, apparently because it's a Unity game. If you have an interest on that one you will probably want to get the PS4 version. It's supposed to get localized at some point under the name "I am Setsuna". Maybe.

While I'm here, hearing Mitchie M songs in Diva X got me to look into his more recent works. This is really drat catchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdkoqafUWz8

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Shh, don't scare the 2016er, they are the rarest of treasures and should be handled with care.

Also, Rankizama didn't get banned. He can use his account just fine assuming it's already been a month.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sounds like a legit game over, I don't understand the problem.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

When you die in the game...you die for real.

Whoa.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

This German retailer has a promo, three Vita games for 49€. They ship to the rest of the EU.

Games:

Akiba's Trip
Danganronpa
Ys Memories of Celceta
Demon Gaze
Disgaea 4
Criminal Girls
Natural Doctrine
Arcana Heart 3
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

So, this is probably a good time to ask if anyone has an opinion about Tokyo Twilight.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Megalixir posted:

USK age classification labels are so hideous. I have German friends that import from elsewhere just to avoid them.

Tell me about it, those things are the bane of my existance since Germany usually has pretty good prices. First I hear that even the Germans hate those things; I thought they just didn't care about defacing cover art.

Stanos posted:

It was alright, I guess? It's got kind of a weird vibe to it to where I feel like people will either really like it or really hate it. I like dungeon crawlers and I didn't like their dungeons so it was a bit meh to me. If I bought it at full price I'd probably be pissed but at the $20 I got it for it wasn't bad.

Sounds good enough to be my third game, then. It was hard to pick something after Disgaea 4 and Doctrine, what with having everything else that was good, and the leftovers being Akiba's Trip and Criminal Girls.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

13/f/cali posted:

The game is pretty interesting and I like it from what I've played of it, but battles have a lot of guesswork at times and it can be frustrating from time to time.

Oh dear. Is this something that gets better after reading a guide?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sounds like something that I'd just have to get used to and in small doses it won't be too frustrating. That's fine.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nothing so far.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

You guys make poor choices.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

C'mon, everyone knows The Last Guardian is a myth. You can't just like buy it off the Internet.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sacrificing cats for the ultimate power seems like a jab at Monster Hunter which is all "cats are awesome". The one thing Inafune did right :colbert:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Sorry, I think they're waiting on my platinum and this thousand battles trophy is taking goddamn forever.

It's hilarious because it's the only trophy that is under 3% completion and which has the exact same completion as the platinum one, i.e. most people can attain every danged trophy except that one.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Exist Archive :pray:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

If we get CG2 and not Exist Archive I'm throwing my Vita in the bin

New thread title, if I ever saw one.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Reminder of how bad SamSho Sen was.

That game was like that crazy Bomberman edgy reboot on the Xbox. Awful and totally unnecessary.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, agetec, wise publishers of all the cheap garbage they could get their hands on.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dang, this is pretty rad.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Your heard him.

The Colonel posted:

rising zan is like the weird, janky, stiff uncle to devil may cry and god hand

I probably shouldn't try to track this down, but I think I will.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hamsterlady posted:

Are trophies in FFX HD hosed or what? I've unlocked one trophy so far (a story one, from when Yuna joins), but I should have unlocked two others (Find an Al Bhed Primer, learn the Jecht Shot) and have neither.

On the Vita? I had the console and Vita versions to do some serious transfarring between them and, on the Vita, trophies would duplicate for non-story things like "hit for max damage" even though they were supposed to be shared and the game aware of whatever ones I had already achieved. It's the first I've heard of people missing trophies, though, but I wouldn't put it behind me that the game isn't very smart about trophies in general. Non-patched game would give you the trophy for defeating the strongest optional boss just for walking around the Calm Lands.

Oh, also,

$300 collector's edition for goon favorite videogame DOAX3 is now available for preorder.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

There's also one of Hanoka or whatever's her name:

I think it would be hell on your wrist, though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's not Hitomi! It's bad enough what they did to her face in this game, let's not get her confused with the character whose theme is that "she has big tits like a cow, let's put her in cow outfits".

RIP Hitomi

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What is and how good is this Aegis of Earth game that is coming out soon? Base has it for £20 which is the cheapest price in Europe so far.

Also, I'm finally playing Trails of Cold Steel. So far Towa is best girl.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Megalixir posted:

They're discontinuing the Vita TV.

*lone violin plays*

Today we mourn the misguided younger brother of our already abandoned Sony Playstation Vita game handheld console. May it rest in peace.

Sakurazuka posted:

From videos on YT it looks like some sort of mix between a city builder and a tower defence game? It look odd anyway, and not the good kind.

That sounds like a throwaway digital game. Weird that it's getting a retail release.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Monster Monpiece works fine on the Vita TV though

But what would be the point, Mithaldu, what would be the point?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm fairly sure I'm already stuck with the web store for anything that isn't the PS4.

It's weird they are doing this on NA two years after they shut it down in Europe, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

"Cool Area", indeed.