Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

noirstronaut posted:

Should I train myself to give a gently caress about digimon

As someone who really likes Digimon in general, probably not.

Before Cyber Sleuth, which I really hope is good, there is only like one game that I would call Not Bad and it's a card game (which was pretty good).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's no original Higurashi art

Ryukishi's art is special and wonderful in its own way. I usually choose it over the redone version because I have a weird Stockholm Syndrome thing with it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Megalixir posted:

To be fair, you should be choosing the original art because it changes the mood of the game entirely. I dropped the PS3 version because it barely has any facial expressions. Remember when Eva wakes up and can't find her husband and has a panic attack? In the PS3 version she has like 1-2 facial expressions during he whole thing.

I think the faces in the original art are legitimately really loving fantastic, especially Beato.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

MisterAlex posted:

Sweet, I just logged into JP Amazon with my regular Amazon.com credentials.

Weird. For whatever reason mine isn't working. :(

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Even if it is a bad game, it sucks that PSN is causing his fun to run ashore.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

ayukawa posted:

I do not see why some people think it is a bad game.
I find it fairly mindless, but still a lot of fun.

I don't know north from south with regards to it. I just go with what the voices in the wind tell me. If it's smooth sailing to a good time then that's great!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Let's not go forgetting the raddest Special Vita (and only special PSTV?).

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/ps-vita-playstation-tv-yakuza-0-limited-editions-announced-japan

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

And there would still not be a good card game on the Vita (in English)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Just gonna throw it out there that Virtue's Last Reward is pretty good.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

rip ngage. pour one out

http://www.sidetalkin.com/

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The guy actually played the game for one, that is more than most reviewers can brag about.

What? Where are you reading reviews?

Also that was not a good review. It reads more like an extended press release.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

HGH posted:

Oh you guys discovered Vita Lounge!
Behold the top 40 Vita games:
http://en.calameo.com/read/004256142e75eddf1a7ff

Cold Steel isn't there cause they think it's bad.

it's like they put P4:G at the top and pulled the other 39 out of a hat

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Just popping in to confirm that Steins;Gate is real good.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

CrashCat posted:

It's also over half a decade old now, but then that's pretty much the norm for a Vita owner

I only just got into it and I avoided the cartoon because I knew I wanted to read the original.

Going in fresh and Rintarowns

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

If you like puzzles and reading, Virtue's Last Reward is dope.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Get VLR

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Iron Prince posted:

Vita thread: I need your help. I only have a vita right now because I am retarded and I just beat chrono cross because it was all I had on my tiny rear end memory card. What do I play next, assuming I have already 100%'d steins gate?

Edit: and persona. All of them.

VLR. Gotta get hype for Zero Time Dilema!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Iron Prince posted:

On the right track, but I beat that one too. Got all three of the dangan ronpa games down too. I guess I mainly use my vita to occupy my pea sized brain with anime.

Any way to enter hibernation until the end of June? That's probably what I would go for.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Have you played Steins Gate?

Steins Gate is gooooood poo poo.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's almost like Takaki is a one-trick pony. Weird!

i for one am very shocked that he made a bad game.

shocked i say.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

bad game has bad ad. who would've thought.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Ruggington posted:

Vita thread, I'm gonna be honest here. I don't think I care about the bad titty game. I am numb to the titty.

You're very brave to speak to talk like that in this thread. I support your courageous stand against the bad titty game.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

All reports I've heard say the DQ7 remake is fantastic.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

what if they made a handheld and hired senkags guy as a first party developer

then they would have a doa handheld with some bad first party games

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Amazon has changed Valkyrie Drive's release date from September 16 to October 25th

FUUUUUUUCK :livintrope:

oh. no. :geno:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I've played Higurashi with the original art, Clannad doesn't have poo poo

Ryuukishi's art is endearing at least. The Umineko art more than Higurashi, admittedly. I think I have some sort of Stockholm Syndrome toward it at this point because I much much much prefer it to the newer generic-as-gently caress anime art.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Digimon World Next Order is coming overseas only for PS4. Sorry folks.

Yeah I know.

It's a real bummer that they're letting that trash leave Japan.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

"cool"

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's probably getting a dub because people liked cyber sleuth so much

so it'll be funny when nobody likes this one because it's digimon world and poor sales cause the real follow up to cs to never leave japan

i hate this because it's true. digimon world is a scourge upon the world.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

al-azad posted:

Well Next Order didn't suck so everyone wins.

It's a World game, so it's trash by its very nature.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Is titty ninjas worth 23 dollars or is that just a game to avoid all around?

they are all terrible games

avoid

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

numerrik posted:

Speaking of tiddy ninjas, how is Valkyrie drive?

bad

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

they just don't want to respond unless it's about garbage titty games

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

oh. yay. :geno:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Anora posted:

It's part of the Flash Sale. For 5.99.

this is about :10bux: too much

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Version spoofing has been around since Henkaku v5 or so (couple weeks). You can connect to psn on 3.60. Now if you're in molecular shell or something it will show up as that on your friends list so there's always a chance sony could ban your system/psn account.

I haven't done it because I'm scared that this would happen.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

has better gameplay design than either P3 or P4 did.

How so? Trailers have made it look more or less the same, imo. I would be significantly more excited if it is in fact doing something new.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm interested in hearing more about this

ImpAtom posted:

The new Baton Touch mechanics mean that you're not stuck wasting your protagonist's SP. The stealth mechanics make it more interesting to actually avoid combat and conserve SP if you want and the game's focus on getting stealth attacks and defeating the enemy before they can attack feels like a solid improvement over P3/4's system in terms of general engagement

This is in a Persona game??

ImpAtom posted:

Demon Negotiation

This is good.

ImpAtom posted:

There's a button that automatically targets enemy weak points if you've discovered them for example so you don't have to fumble around with persona changing for example.

I don't care too much about dungeons. I'm mostly just tired of the Persona battle system. I got tired of it like a third of the way into 4, after having binged on 3 right before it. Plus #FE might've ruined other JRPGs for me with how fresh the session system felt.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I really really like just about everything about the mechanics of that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Ok. Sessions but better sounds really really good to me. Congrats. You were the one to make me interested in Persona 5.