Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

nerdz posted:

Dead Vita might just cause this guy's suicide

neogaf.com.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The mascot's speech tick is very the grating. And also very the familiar for some reason.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yomawari's tutorial is deviously well made. I'm not sure what to say without spoiling it, though I'm curious to see where it's going from there.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

e: and I'm starting to feel these voiceactors have none of what the Japanese do in bringing power to their various pitches of voices. Not everybody can be Yü Kobayashi, sometimes I'd rather have british stage actors again than what we usually get for the west. Cheap quick project I suppose? Would love behind the scenesy knowledge on how it works from start to finish in arranging localized voices for projects like this.

You're in luck, XSEED is one of the rare JRPG companies that go in depth about it:
http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/133221080530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel
http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/135016139200/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel
http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/136057370250/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel
http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/145377764065/xseed-localization-general-blog-1

The 2nd and 3rd link specifically go into detail about dubbing/VAing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
She's my favorite as well for sure. Ironically her VA once told me she despises drinking and is legit uncomfortable acting that stuff out. But she doesn't let it get in the way at all and just nails everything about the characters.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yacht Club actually bothered to put up Shovel Knight sales figures.
Of the 5030 physical copies they've sold about 72% of their stock.
Stop making feel bad for you Yacht Club.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Sadly it seems the PS4 generation ones have been a bit more of a hack job comparatively...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I posted a boss fight somewhere ages ago and it looked like a clunky MMO raid boss except solo.
EDIT: Found it.
Have some gameplay to boot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84h8tHXFlg

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 16, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dehry posted:

[PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace (Square Enix, 12/15/16) – 64,965 (New)
Oh yeah, since you're mentioning sales, Akiba's Beat came out this week and failed to rank anywhere, meaning sub 7K sales.
I don't get what they were going for turning it into a pseudo Tales game anyway.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Superdimension is a turn based rpg, not a beat' em up.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
And we would have gotten more of these remakes if they hadn't hilariously bombed, sadly.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Schreier's a psychopathic islamophobe so the accusations balance out.

HGH fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 31, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I dropped off DC as soon as it went 'okay now do these stages again but harder and for different items' also I hated the rune system.

Vanillaware games are like a really good pizza except they ran out of dough halfway through so they stretched it and made it super thin as a result.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How the heck did you get No More Heroes on a Vita?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
First they have to finish that robot game we haven't heard anything about for a while now.
EDIT: Beat me to it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Deleted tweet, what did they accidentally announce?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pretty sure this happened with some other game not long so I'm not too surprised.
Who was it that worked at Bandai and posted here regarding how stupid they were?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of which, XSEED made... something.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope, so far we've had: a weird shumup fighting game hybrid, an action RPG and the next one to come out is a roguelike/mystery dungeon clone.
Sometimes I wish ZUN could just become a lot greedier or something. We're not even getting the mainline PS4 fighting game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm still confused why they chose to come back to this title after so long.

Captain Baal posted:

I'm doing it
I'm glad you survived.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Guess I didn't get that far
It's on any menu on which a character is present.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Where do you get the shrimp though?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh hey it's this thing, I forgot it even existed and oh man that fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opLjVzQ-nQ4

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

mine was the first two. every post i make is xtremely funny, insightful, and Good.
I don't wanna pile on you but in hindsight this post of yours in the PS4 thread really is kinda funny.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

bloodychill posted:

I would love if they gave you more straight-up friendship options. Occasionally I like the dating sim aspect (I liked how they handled Jack in ME2 for example, and I like her character) but most of the time, I want to just hang out with my squad mates and shoot the poo poo and get to know them and go do space-friend stuff.
So you're saying you want to create platonic bonds, or rather, some sort of link that is...social?
This game has some... weird issues. I didn't know a SNES game could sound so janky without being bootleg. EDIT: I think I remembered this being worse than it actually was.
Also every villain seems to become progressively more absurd.

HGH fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 29, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I was about to say, it's funny because no one even cares about Akiba's Beat. It doesn't have the "realistic recreation of Akiba" element, no playing dress up like a crazy person wearing bear suits to fight vampires and such, and it's not gonna sell to the fanservice crowd either. It's just a mediocre JRPG with a seemingly overinflated/dispropotional localization budget.

Oh and being on Vita I guess.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

Instead he kicked up a fuss over basically nothing without getting the full story, and now noted youtube channel censored gaming is going to do a big video about how SJWs are ruining the work of japanese auteurs and ugh.
Pretty sure that last part is just paranoia. Didn't you even install plug-ins just to block them? Fretting over your sworn enemies isn't good for your health.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

the worst part is they can't even fire the guy because the moment they do it'll blow up even more than it already has. what an incompetent tool.

I am sorry for doubting you.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I kan only imagine how fun the kombat will be.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Aren't most of their games actually selling a lot better than expected?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Knowing DT I'm just going to assume it's PQube staff given they're his new idols since I can't check it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You know, I never thought Magical Girl Diet Members was gonna be a thing but sure.
What's with all these post-apocalyptic themed DRPGs lately anyway?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't even know there was a PS4 version of Demon Gaze 2 but that's cool to both.

There wasn't, I think we can expect a lot of these final localized Vita titles to have a PS4 port to try to bomb less hard.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"We have no plans to announce for Coven at this time" is what they said at AX.
Considering it's just being ported to PS4 in Japan now, that's probably what they're waiting for.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Seyser Koze posted:

Muramasa as well.
Muramasa's DLC is basically its own separate game(s) as well.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The solution is obvious. Melt the ice caps and sink Australia and the UK.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Also the ESRB namesearches itself???
I mean I guess if your job is "Manage ESRB Social Media" you'd probably do that eventually.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That's... a pretty big upgrade really. Cygames is super successful and rich and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
drat, reading this thread I checked on the box I put my PSP in ages ago and not only is the battery super inflated, it busted through the back covering it and popped off to boot. Lesson learned.