Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

kinda upset no one posted full nipples in the old thread.

anyway, is anyone here knowledgeable about vita hacks? i have 3.55 on my vita, but i want to stay there so i can forever use ark for legal things. will i just no longer be able to access psn? i can use my ps3 to send games etc.

be the change you want to see in the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i like muramasa but yeah it does get old pretty fast unless you buy dlc

features some nice muscular women tho

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I admit that I have been known to like video games.

Even video games on the Vita.

In fact I am playing a video game on the Vita right now.

how do you sleep at night

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

Nobody is going to buy it because it costs too much but I think some corporate sectors like medical professionals and real estate agents will be ecstatic if it works well.

vr trauma center is coming and i'm excited

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

wait, how was what luke did partially their fault in any way

like it's been a while since i played the game and i haven't beaten it yet, but i played a good point past the end of the first act, and iirc what happened was entirely the fault of luke for being a selfish idiot who let himself be way too easily manipulated. and even then, guy took a bit of responsibility himself for letting luke grow up to become that kind of person. anything anybody could have done to counter it, i'm pretty sure they learned long after he'd already hosed up. and even if they did know, if they tried telling him beforehand, it wasn't something you could just easily drop on somebody, especially not someone as thick-headed as luke was.

and honestly, they don't even poo poo on luke for an incredibly long time. i think the one who continually shits on him the longest is anise, after a couple hours most of the party is cautious, but not outright hostile towards him.

luke is mentally like seven years old and none of the party members really communicate with him at all (mostly jade)

really i think it's mostly jade anyway. tear is being a forgiving love interest, natalia is too concerned with ~the real luke~, anise is a literal child, and guy is the best

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Motto posted:

that's not how brains work

or he's literally seven years old? idk it's been a while

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

Asch is 17-20. Luke is a clone of Asch. Luke is 17-20

Brains grow as you age, and 'Clone' implies a replica of all of that person's physical attributes, including their brain. Therefore Luke has the brain of a 17-20 year old, not a 7 year old. He has the same capacity for reasoning and empathy that anyone his age would have.

He only has 7 or so years of experience, but that's different from being literally 7 years old. If I fell on my head and got amnesia, I wouldn't suddenly have the reasoning ability of an infant, I'd just need to relearn things. I'd still be as capable of advanced thought as anyone my age.

You could say that Luke's lack of experience led to both his arrogance and led to him being easily manipulated by Van, and that's probably true, but that's very different from saying he's literally seven years old and the party was kicking around a child.

that's fair. i like luke as a character, especially how he actually reacts to the crazy concept of killing people, i was just trying to rationalize why the other party members are at least a tiny bit culpable for the mines falling apart, especially jade

e: i know age isn't really relevant for that, but it's what i usually see people shouting about online

Looper fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 30, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Motto posted:

the party doesn't try to shift the blame onto luke, they just get incredibly exasperated when his immediate reaction is to have a screaming tantrum about how it isn't his fault.

i'm not disagreeing with you

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

my new av feels at home here

what's it from?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I don't know how you can post in the Games anime chat thread and not recognise Nico's girlfriend.

i don't recognize your av either :>

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i got a pm the other week saying my av was cute and asking me to set them up on a date with her

i guess that's supposed to be a burn on me, but ??

i asked you not to post that here!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

you know what our punk clothing line needs to promote it

big anime titties

i'm the face in the sig after calling dibs on the one in the back

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i still think strongest man kurosawa is his best, though

is his artwork ever not poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
oh, i didn't know estival was a word, that's neat

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i'm from houston, can confirm

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Txn posted:

Well then, time to get the bundle while I can. Thanks.

Also, Grand Kingdom will launch on June 21th.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/694943874813300737

wooooah i thought this got canceled, neat!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

You might be thinking of its PSP predecessor, Grand Knights History, which was going to come out in English but got canned (and then got a translation patch).

oh, you're exactly right. still though that's pretty cool

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Anora posted:

Looks like Atlus has 4 games on sale, Gungnir, Hexyz Force, Riviera, and Yggdra Union. How are they? I've played Riviera on the GBA and it was not great, but not terrible. I've heard of Yggdra Union, but know about it past it's name.

do you like strategy rpgs? yggdra union is really really good, but comes with the standard sting caveat of "god drat use a guide for items"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ddogflex posted:

So Sony is saying "contact support" if your battery dies overnight in sleep mode? Mine has done it every loving night since 3.57. Anyone know what they recommend doing?? I'd rather not call their poo poo support.

"If you are having problems please contact support"
"NO I don't wanna!"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ddogflex posted:

Are you serious? Do you contact support for things that aren't some account related thing generally? It's 2016.

and you're presumably an adult :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

thorsilver posted:

You're seriously the only person I've seen react to this game like this. It looks like Yakuza meets Kenka Bancho which is awesome as gently caress.

i don't know very much about any of these games but i do know that there are good and bad times to use slo-mo in games and that gif definitely looks like one of the bad times

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

The hit pause frames (used in *many* games involving close physical combat) are extremely long. Usually they're just literally 1-2 frames during which the game freezes time to indicate a successful hit, but in this case it's like almost a second, and the camera keeps moving during the pauses and only the people stop. I think they're trying to make it look like an actual anime.

this is what i'm referring to and yes it looks way too slow

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

this is a game that uses action slo-mo well, yes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Takoluka posted:

The issue here is that he was probably the first person other than maybe Policenaut to even start talking about Uppers, rather positively, only to now constantly express how much of a disappointment it already is. He went from "Oh man, Takaki made a bancho beat-em-up! Yeah!" to "Oh, Takaki made a sluggish, uninspired lack of effort," seemingly if only because Daidouji (maybe!) isn't going to be included in the character roster. The same thing happened with Vita Senran Kagura games. The series that he pretty much solely championed (until Ran_Kizama showed up) is now dead to him, replaced by Valkyrie Drive, for reasons no one can seem to decipher.

His enthusiasm goes in every direction, nonsensically so, and it just makes the discussion so disjointed. He's like if Taint Reaper was an otaku in fast-forward.

why do you care

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if a miku doesn't have twintails, can you really call her a miku at all

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gabby_Jay posted:

I got the feeling Yomawari wouldn't get a western release so I decided to import it. It's this mix of cute, weird and grim that makes it hard to know what kind of emotion you should be taking from it. You can go from "Wow the art and detail are amazing" to ":stare: Did I just see that?". It's light on text and mainly you're fetching items so it shouldn't be too much trouble to get through. Has anyone else played it?

Word of warning, if you don't like seeing dogs get hurt, may want to steer clear of this one. :shittydog: :killdozer:

mistreatment of dogs is a sure sign of lovely media, imo

bloodychill posted:

There will be a Mile High Miku Club vinyl fig.

gross

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i only found the part in p4g that teaches you about carl jung last night. i wish more rpgs would give you cliff notes for community college.

gonna have to narrow it down a bit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
how can you even tell that's miku without being told

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Are you sure this is the right thread for you, Looper?

your av suggests yes! :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this miku stuff sounds kinda hosed up

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

I know nothing about anime and jpop but my favorite persona 4 golden character is naoto hopefully my opinion on that isnt complete garbage

Naoto is pretty cool, and the additions to Golden make her a way better party member

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Role-playing game. It's still an rpg since you're playing as different characters in a story. Think table top.

that hasn't really been what people mean by rpg for like twenty years

odin sphere has leveling systems, they're just really basic

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
e: haha whoops wrong thread

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

13/f/cali posted:

I like world maps because otherwise the alternatives are often:
-You don't really explore the world and just pick where to go from a menu.
-The game makes you walk more or less everywhere. In order to keep that interesting most of the game's dungeons are now fields and forests. Eventually you will get an airship and pick where to go from a menu.

I don't really like the second option there because most of the time it makes a lot of the game locations unexciting. The first option works fine but I still like the idea of being able to get an airship later and fly around the whole world in a minute.
There are some games that do the second way well though. Final Fantasy X is a good example as most of that game's world is colorful and interesting and there's a lot happening all throughout your journey from place to place.

edit: Oh you edited that. It was a bit discussion about world maps in RPGs.

i meant to post in the rpg thread where it was relevant :blush:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't think that's a proper comparison. Gravity Rush has a very different art direction compared to Bhikkhuni (GR is closer to an animated comic book, Bhikkhuni is is full anime), are different genres (plataform vs action game), it's gameplay is intrinsically tied to its level design and was developed in-house by Sony to showcase all of the Vita's features. While Bhikkhuni was developed by a third party by a relatively novice developer and a considerable difference on budget.

Why should any of those factors mean you can't compare the visuals? Especially the art direction being different lol like, yeah obviously

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

most fire emblem games increase stats but the main increased difficulty comes from more dangerous formations, gear, skills if applicable, and reducing the time for optional objectives like thieves

also some games which just jack up the stats are easy enough on normal the jacked up stats just work. like cold steel.

advance wars is pretty good about hard modes, too

even the first one :getin:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also eba and the ouendans do really fun things with difficulty

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

Huh. So they took "Xbox is hueg" pretty seriously when designing these games.

you're a few years late on this but props for effort and remember to nep responsibly

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

100%marketshare of 0 is still 0

There's something funny about that math...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

odin sphere owns, hopefully I'll actually finish it this time