Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

So who else is excited for Cyber Sleuth?

ME! :dance:

Although I'm playing it on PS4 for the time being. I'm still not done with Bhikkhuni so I can't use my regular account yet.

Anyways, have a neat interview with CyberSleuth's producer

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/01/interview_we_talk_everything_digital_with_the_producer_of_digimon_story_cyber_sleuth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
PV for Takaki's newest game, Uppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrOCtgk_Uc

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

was geared up to post "where are the baps?" but then i got halfway through the video

alt joke: wow, they were able to license Knock Out Monkey (Oh No)?

Not ony that, it seems KOM is doing the full soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiyMiNFQfC8

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/686763894551924737

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/691476114703671296

So it seems Uppers will have a guest character code named " the strongest paisem"

I will LOSE MY poo poo if is Dai

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Bhikkhuni will finally get its multiplayer in Febraury

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/691948040236765184

Also

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/691953116741132288

HYPE

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Marvelous will release a Demo of Uppers

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I finally used the maximum level super attack on Bhikkhuni and I was pleasantly surprised at the way they animated those attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC64oku39I

Manpakumaru is freaking adorable :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Help Im Alive posted:

It's just weird how narrow DT's taste in video games are

I mean he clearly likes beat em ups and there are much better ones than Senran Kagura

I don't really have the income to allow getting a lot of new games, so I just pick the ones that really catch my attention and play them in depth. :shrug:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baal posted:

There is a girl that is playable yeah, she's the one wearing the hoodie, idk about any beyond her.

It seems very likely she's also one of the girls that the dudes are trying to impress

Also I mentioned it before, but Takaki said that there will be a guest character code named as "the strongest Paisem"

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/691476114703671296

Since Paisem is just Sempai rearranged and the preorder bonus are in-game clothing with the Senran girls stamped upon, the leading theory is that the guest character is no one else but

Motherfucking Daidouji :black101:

I haven't been very interested in Uppers truth be told (I'm waiting for the demo) but if Daidouji is indeed in the game, that would made it a must buy for me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

also, dark_titsminer, about that senran kagura cameo: it might not be dai.

paisen is also the nickname of murasaki's VA

and it could be a pun on 'oppai' and 'senpai', in which case it'd probably be kat senpai?

still could be dai, there's reason to expect her, but those two are in the running also. just letting you know.

I see. Still, Dai seems very likely considering she would fit perfectly in the setting of manly dudes beating the poo poo out of each other (and the idea of her motorboating some boobs is quite frankly, hilarious)

Then again, the game is made by the Kenka Bancho guys and they slipped a cameo from a bancho dude (I think it was from some manga?) as the final boss in Badass Rumble.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uppers tutorial level

https://youtu.be/oViTu46ewJk

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yechezkel posted:

Vita prototype. :stare: It looks almost like a PSP Go, and it uses standard SD cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM857ZqqRa8

Other than the weird contraption they used for the connection ports (that thing would've made very uncomfortable to carry around in your clothes/backpack) it doesn't look half bad.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another Uppers video

https://youtu.be/7YsNFuZj2cY

Nope, not interesting to me. Slow and characters look uninspired. Graphics are real pretty but eh.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Were you not fully advocating this game? What happened? Why do you do this?

Nope, I just said that if Dai is in, I'll buy it no questions asked but only for her. The game itself doesn't interest me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Senran Kagura tries to have a serious plot but that is actually one of the things I find weirdest about it. Having characters angst about being abandoned and neglected or the tragic duty of their assassination or whatever contrasts so absurdly hardly with Gropes McBoobs or characters tearing each other's clothes off instead of fighting that it's honestly kind of insane. It also undercuts any possible drama in the game where a dramatic fight to the death between lifelong rivals devolves into them pulling each other's bras off while they go "kyaaaaa~n"

They managed to deliver a more focused plot in Deep Crimson where all the comedic hijinks where contained into a breather episode and the additional DLC chapters.

Sadly, EV is for all intent and purposes a self contained story that has no real impact on the characters. Even the twins getting the spotlight is idiotic since they managed to move beyond their sister drama in Versus.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Cyber Sleuth, Bandai will update the Japanese version of the game with all the addition included in the western release and also enabling multiplayer between regions

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/battle-a...medium=facebook

EDIT: Uppers still looks really lame.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, generic as hell. It seems Griffon Mask and Stingray remain the kings of masked wrestlers in videogames.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is that new Digimon game like Digimon World on the PSone? Are there any Digimon games like that anymore? I heard there was a PSP one that got updated to the 3DS. But it was never released outside of Japan.

The PSP one got a fan translation at least. The next game (Next Order) is somewhat of an updated version of the original Digimon World in the PSX (its protagonist is even a major character on it!) so getting Cyber Sleuth now is your best bet to see it released here in the west.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Txn posted:

So for how long will the launch DLC be available to everyone?

It will be free during Feb, so I guess it will be paid DLC later

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/692773824203370497

EDIT: Oh I should let you guys know, the costumed Agumon are one of a kind, and if you fuse/digivolve them, they're gone forever. That's why they have the maximum level cap unlocked and have a special skill.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 3, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HGH posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGrU_W_eWtA

This weirdly makes me miss Prince of Persia. Wallrun attacks were great.

This still looks so goddamn sluggish and uninspired.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

thorsilver posted:

You're seriously the only person I've seen react to this game like this. It looks like Yakuza meets Kenka Bancho which is awesome as gently caress.

I like Senran Kagura too, mate, but just because Takaki's next game has a different style doesn't make it bad. Both Yakuza and Kenka Bancho are really fun in the gameplay department IMO despite looking 'sluggish'.

gently caress I'd have killed to get another Kenka Bancho game in the West... maybe I'll grab the last 3DS one off Ebay or something. Anybody know if that one was any good?

Yakuza is leagues ahead than anything Uppers can offer and that is one of my issues with it. Yakuza exists so why bother with Uppers at all?

Also despite how elaborate the animations for the characters are, if you see all the released videos in a sequence you'll notice how every single character is doing the same basic attack string (the only truly different is Nicole witht the wall hopping but that is dragged down by the game's speed and utterly vegetative enemies)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Help Im Alive posted:

Yakuza is also leagues above Senran Kagura though

Different genres. The comparison will be valid when Yakuza has fights against big rear end demons, super attacks and female protagonists.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

kojei posted:

If it weren't for the short bit about Nicole, you could literally copy-paste this to refer to Senran Kagura and it would be accurate so I dunno, buddy.

It applies to the versus games but not for Deep Crimson Deep Crimson is a LOT faster than either EV or Uppers and the characters have well defined and distinctive movesets with especific propierties and combo options. Enemies in Deep Crimson are also a lot more aggresive than the potato sacks Uppers has shown. Even Bhikkhuni's enemies are more aggresive (and those barely make a dent on your character's health)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Onechanbara is not HILARIOUS enough for D_T, despite its gameplay and visuals being literally everything he could want.

Is more that is somewhat pricey for a game I'm not really sure I'll enjoy. I did play the first (?) Oneechanbara in the Xbox 360 and it was entertaining but certainly not something that I'd pay at full price. Just let me know when it gets a deal in the PSN and I gladly will get the game

Takoluka posted:

The issue here is that he was probably the first person other than maybe Policenaut to even start talking about Uppers, rather positively, only to now constantly express how much of a disappointment it already is. He went from "Oh man, Takaki made a bancho beat-em-up! Yeah!" to "Oh, Takaki made a sluggish, uninspired lack of effort," seemingly if only because Daidouji (maybe!) isn't going to be included in the character roster. The same thing happened with Vita Senran Kagura games. The series that he pretty much solely championed (until Ran_Kizama showed up) is now dead to him, replaced by Valkyrie Drive, for reasons no one can seem to decipher.

His enthusiasm goes in every direction, nonsensically so, and it just makes the discussion so disjointed. He's like if Taint Reaper was an otaku in fast-forward.

I was never that excited for Uppers though? I just let you guys know the game existed. The thing I was excited for (as you pointed out) is the prospect of having Dai in the game. Honestly at this point I'll take anything that will give me more Dai content. Poor girl is totally ignored by the japanese fanbase :smith:

Oh and if didn't liked the Versus games is because they feel shallow and uninspired.

Policenaut posted:

I think Uppers might be okay? I'm gonna wait until JPN release to pay any real mind to it though.

A demo was promised by Marvelous so it should hit the PSN next month.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hey Vita thread, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is loving awesome. Everyone should be playing it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Emong posted:

If you're playing on Normal you basically never need to grind unless you're trying to do the optional bosses.

And even if you do want to grind you can get Digimon that give you a silly amount of bonus EXP just for using them.

Is incredibly easy to get caught in the grinding. I'm on chapter 4 and I have three Ultimates already: Metal Greymon, WereGarurumon and Etemon. The only thing that is stopping me from getting them to Mega is the lack of Memory in my party.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Megalixir posted:

I've been seeing screenshots and the translation it's pretty messy, I'm puzzled as to why there's no Japanese PS4 version either.

The translation has some faults but nothing big, and the game was ported to PS4 especifically to cater at the western audience.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Seriously guys, is no one playing Cyber Sleuth?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

....I need to check the actual subforums more often :v:

Thank you so much for the link :tipshat:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Txn posted:

Uppers demo is now available alongside a free theme.

Downloading now. Let's see if it makes me change my mind.

Bhikkhuni's multiplayer is also live.

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/699812643813478400

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So Uppers is an old school beat 'em up. Literally.

You just move through the level and punch dudes, you can pick some elements in the background (like bikes) to use as projectiles and your health ups are the girls. The girls ask you for some specific actions to met before they cure you (like beating three mooks or using three times the throw).

The game is indeed very slow paced and enemies rarely attack, I had to stand still in the middle of bunch of mooks for five seconds before one enemy finally decided to attack me, and even then, there's a green spark surrounding them just before they move, making incredibly easy to avoid the attacks.

At least with the characters in the demo, there's no real difference between them beyond their animations and design, they play exactly the same. There's not even a movement list you just have to mash square and the finisher will come on its own. You can access a sort of powered mode but other than making more flashy your attacks and allowing to tag with the other character at the end of a combo doesn't represent a significative change to the gameplay. You have a block button at your disposal and a dodge mechanic similar to Bhikkhuni's but the enemies are so harmless that is pointless. And remember how Nicole could run through the walls in the videos shown?

Is a shared mechanic, you just press x close to a wall to do that. Other than looking cool, there's no real reason to do that in the demo.

Despite the game slow pace, camera can be a pain, the stages have some destructible elements (like walls) and thus, is pretty easy for the camera to get stuck. Virtually any element is able to block your sight.

Levels are big and there are different areas to explore but there's no map t speak of and the only indcators of where going are the groupies. However, there are sections where the stage is barren, making kind of pointless to diverge from the set path.

Graphics are real pretty but all the effort went into the character models and the named girls that are following you. The random groupies you find through the levels look more like gifs than proper models since they have a single animation sequence in a loop

Depending on what you do during battle, you can trigger a short minigame (for example getting a gust of wind to lift the skirt of three girls) where you have to mash a button (usually circle) at the end to win. Pretty easy but it breaks the flow of the game, and just like the clothes ripping cutscenes in SK, it gets old fast.

Overall is a decent but very mediocre game that other than giving you the chance to show off/perv on some virtual girls doesn't offer anything of note to the genre.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bloodychill posted:

I know that ImpAtom or someone is going to point out that with a little word switcheroo, you could say the same thing about SK, and this is true, but it's possible D_T might actually be growing and developing finer tastes. Maybe. Hopefully.

Burst improved the basic beat em up formula with the addition of the aerial raves and generally set a solid foundation to develop further the concept. Deep Crimson took those very same foundations and the few things that worked from Versus and built a pretty solid gameplay that stood out between the genre.

You're absolutely correct about the Versus series though. Just shallow and mediocre games that waste the potential the 3DS game showed.

Anyways, Bhikkhuni's multiplayer is fun and pretty frantic. A fun experience but I do need a small guide explaining what the hell I'm supposed to do. I just see the other players raking points with ease while I'm stuck as the session's punching bag :v:

I did notice some necessary tweaks being done to balance the game, driving doesn't refill your health, they either make the timing more strict or the instant follow-up to the launcher is disabled are some of the most notorious ones.

Mastery of the Phantom Dash is a must, I wasted a lot of time chasing the other players while they had a very easy time getting away from me. On that note, Mana (the archer girl) can get hosed. She's the only long range character in the game and thus a good player can nail you with her arrows from a safe distance and quickly escape attacks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that while Tamsoft isn't the best, they've released a series of reliable games. What makes Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive so special that they're released in such incomplete states? They're not anymore complicated than Onechanbara or even Dream Club, and yet SK Burst ran like garbage, SV suffers from similar frame rate issues, EV was a gigantic mess, and VD has patches bigger than most Vita games PLUS a patch specifically for multiplayer? Is there really an excuse for that?

Someone should have to answer for that, and Takaki, as the director, is the face of those series.

Portrait of Girls had a budget of ten bucks and was more or less being held by bubble gum and good intentions. See, the game was done when Marvelous needed a game to fill their schedule and Takaki came with the idea on the spot. At first there were no intention for the game to be the start a franchise but then it became a surprise hit.

When Tamsoft was given a proper budget and a reasonable schedule, they made Deep Crimson that has none of the issues present on Burst and is quite frankly one of the best looking third party games in the system. However, the game didn't sold as well as they expected and more or less forced Marvelous to rush Estival before their fiscal year was done. Versus doesn't has any kind of excuse though.

Now, Bhikkhuni wasn't made by Tamsoft was made by Meteorise whom far as I know, their only proper console title was Bon Appetit and thus they needed to start everything from scratch. They were no doubt unable to fullfill the schedule and had to to use patches to finish the game.

Anyways, I got Bhikkhuni's theme and is pretty cute. But the thing I like the most is having this song as background music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdX5ORo75es

:allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

thorsilver posted:

Man you should really play more 3DS games. Deep Crimson looks good for sure, but in terms of visuals pretty much all the Capcom titles are top-notch. The Level 5 games like Youkai Watch and Inazuma Eleven look really nice too IMO, vibrant colours and cohesive art styles.

I'm not denying that though? I said Deep Crimson was one of the prettiest games in the system, not that it was THE prettiest one.

Anyways, Bhikkhuni also added its first paid DLC. A set of 68 accessories for the girls, taken straight from Bon Appetit :v:

The drat thing is so massive that after many tries I haven't been able to download all the stuff.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Returning a bit to Uppers' chat. See guys, this how you loving design a masked wrestler

:black101:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

is he a feathered raptor? that's pretty cool

A T-Rex actually.

Man, put some loving dinosaurs in any game and I'll be buying that no questions asked.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Okay, I played the Uppers demo again and I found out you can set the game in the hard difficulty. On that difficulty, enemies are considerably more agressive and do decent damage. However, the health recoveries are abundant and their attacks are pretty blatanly telegraphied taking away a lot of it's threat. The only reason one gets hit is because the camera is horrible, it doesn't follow your movements dynamically allowing your enemies to hit you in your blind spot.

You can spend the whole time holding your guard up and there's no penalty whatsoever in doing so, there's in fact a sort of parry mechanic available that can be triggered that way (although the idea is to guard in the last minute).

The "crazy" attacks you guys are so fond of (like dunking a guy into a basketball ring) are akin to MKX enviromental attacks, can only be used on specific areas of the stage but so far they're not really worth it, a regular throw is enough to kill any regular mook.

In my opinion, the game biggest problems are the camera and the slowness it permeates the whole game. There's a pretty noticeable delay between every movement you do making feel the whole thing really sluggish.

EDIT:

This guy telling how it is

https://twitter.com/ononokii/status/700140235561287680

https://twitter.com/ononokii/status/700152179483656192

:v:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 18, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Boy, I'm liking Bhikkhuni's multiplayer a LOT more than Versus by a country mile. Due the way driving works, every character is more or less balanced with each other, is the skill of the player what it marks the difference; at first at least.

See, once everyone starts driving is when the balance shifts. The Drive Breaks become the deciding factor but since unlike SK there is no power ups you have to pummel the other players to build metter or chiseling a chunk of rock that periodically spawns in the arena. As in the solo campaign destroying a layer of clothing gives you a full meter bar so there's when you need to think a little, corner the fully clothed player to build meter? Going after the lead player and try to hit him with a Drive Break? Build metter with the rock?

There's also the detail that the character that manages to hit Final drive, has an overwhelming advantage over everyone else. And if they use the third level drive Break, WELP.

On the flip side, this makes total turnarounds very frecuent and makes any game where you have to rack more than 20k points to last a lot longer than the usual. I've had games that have went for nearly 30 minutes since every time someone is coming closer to the goal, is knocked out and loses the points. Is a ton of fun.

Sadly, I don't know if is the time or what but I haven't seen a lot of people playing when I jump in.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

X_ThePerfect posted:

I was looking at importing some games - mainly gundam breaker 2 and taiko no tatsujin. Are there any other good imports worth looking at (ideally not requiring japanese knowledge, although chinese versions are okay)?

Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni :v:

No seriously, is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

What exactly is the story of VD?

Oh boy, prepare for :words:

quote:

Bhikkhuni's story overview

Background:

Year 20XX or whatever - the Armed/Arms Virus emerges in girls in their teens-20s and allows them to become weaponized (Liberator/Ecsta). Due to the nature of this, 5 man made islands were create in order to treat the carriers/infected.

I don't know the story to Siren so I won't bother with that.

Mermaid - their plan was to prove they could be reintegrated into society while still having the virus.
Bhikkuni - their play is to treat/remove the virus from the infected.

Rinka & Ranka get sent to the island care of their parents. Mana and Momo kind of end up there.

Here they live on the island, go to school etc., and school is part of the treatment program.

The six main girls in Bhikkuni are special as they have a mutation in their virus (VR Virus) allowing them to use both the Liberator/Ecsta abilities (considering they point out this is rare in Mermaid), and are set up in a special class and program for treatment.

They meet the Chairwoman (Rijichou-sensei) who is in charge of administration of the island and Echigoya, the shopkeeper.

The other teachers on the island are the 4 god robots - Kongou, Gouzanze, Daiitoku, Gundari (equivalent of the 4 guardian beasts and part of the Godai Myouou, more on this later).

Anyway... in order to find a cure, the premise is the girls have to fight each (for research purposes) and there are school wide battle royales that occur, and people get ranked etc.

Viola is an elite member of the VR Class and lives in the suitably 'elite' section of the island.
Koharu is more or less the 'head' of the 5th Generation class (valedictorian, class pres, whatever)
Manpukumaru seems to be hanging around just because she likes eating.

To advance in the treatment program, the girls have to defeat the 4 gods in combat in order to move up and go to the next class/level.

Each girl though has her own goals/desires which of course clash with the others.

Rinka - wants to get treated and go home
Ranka - wants to be wherever Rinka is and protect her
Momo - wants to find her lost memories
Mana - wants a place to belong - in turn she becomes the vice-head of the 5th gen, and wants Koharu's spot.
Viola - wants to be #1 (by extension find a way to beat Koharu or have Koharu acknowledge her)
Manpuku - wants tasty food (this is used constantly)
Koharu - wants to protect the island

There's a few episodes of constant head butting between Momo, Mana, Ranka etc., and once it gets to the point there's a bit of a power struggle among the girls (trying to go to the higher classes etc.) more battle royales, the Kagurazaka sisters fighting each other etc. etc. Rinka ends up facing up against Gouzanze and stuff gets weird.

Upon smashing the robot cores, naked girls start flying out of them, much to the confusion of everyone. Rinka at this point thinks there's something horribly wrong with the island and wants to find out what's going on. Numerous attempts are made to shut her up/keep her from digging.

Eventually it splits to 2 general factions and the split will vary depending on if you go to Order or Chaos.

Rinka's faction wants to find out the truth, and eventually find a way to leave the island.
The Island faction is everyone else who wants to shut RInka up and maintain status quo.

Momo ends up coming around and apologizes and joins Rinka.
Manpuku will join whoever feeds her.
Mana is on her power trip so she opposes Rinka.
Koharu and Viola are observing this, but are generally against Rinka.
Ranka doesn't want her sister to get hurt, but at the same time is caught in between both groups.

A few more fights against the 4 gods (and more naked girls getting knocked out of cores) makes everyone generally leery/suspicious as to what is going on.

At best, they should stop digging is what the Chairwoman tells them but Rinka selfishly continues to be nosy.

They end up threatening Echigoya (who has been around for the 5th generations) and question her about the dark secret of Bhikkuni.

There is an outside organization (game refers to it as AAA) that exists that wants to use the infected for their own twisted means (weapons, mercenaries etc.) and the barrier formed by the 4 gods in Bhikkuni prevents them from invading and taking the girls. More on this later again.

Rinka tries to ask around about the previous 4 generations of graduates - this fails miserably as most of the residents of the island that aren't students are actually robots. More suspicious.

After threatening Echigoya some more (and then being disciplined by Gundari) Rinka will want off the island.

The following gets implied/explained
1 - The virus cannot be treated in this particular situation.
2 - The last graduating generations never left the island at all.
3 - Each of the 4 gods was the 'head' student of the previous class.
4 - They were going to turn either Mana or Koharu into the 5th god Kirin.
5 - the reason there were people in the robots is they activate their Ecsta form and are effectively the 'parts' of the 4 gods, and are put into hibernation within the body of the robots. The people are all the last 4 classes of graduates.
6 - the reason for this is so that it protects the 'time' of the Valkyries so that they can wait out the AAA, as well as hopefully fair along enough in the future, they would have found a cure for the virus.
7 - Gundari is the Chairwoman. The video screen version is only that, she no longer has a human/physical body. Echigoya was the chairwoman's partner during the 1st generation class, but ended up getting severely hurt at some point. You notice this in the OP movie of the game that even her 'human' form is computerized/digitized when she trips.

Then we split routes:

Chaos Route - Ranka doesn't want to help her sister and goes against her in seeking out the truth. This leads to a slugfest between them (and even though Rinka technically loses, she plays the stubborn 'I can still fight' card and is pretty much an invincible zombie in the novel scene. They finally end up beating Gundari at the end and say that they will protect the island together from the outside forces.

Order Route:

Mana ends up betraying the island faction through the power of friendship (it starts getting hokey again) and they go through more of a prevent the 4 gods from sealing the island/creating Kirin situation.

Each of the 4 gods controls part of the island barrier, so defeating them will destroy the barrier and will allow for the inhabitants to leave.

In this situation even the normal students want out because they have no desire to get turned into robot parts and put into robo-hibernation.

But even after beating the 4 gods, they have to destroy/stop the power core which would be used to create the 5th god.

After beating Koharu & Viola, Rinka shows her resolve that no matter what might happen (in this case the AAA invading) that the Valkyries should be the ones that decide their own future and they won't become weapons of mass destruction etc. and they are the ones in control of their destinies.

Koharu makes contact with 2 of the islands (Mermaid & Siren) to establish alliances against the AAA in case of an impending invasion - notably this is kind of plot-hole-ish since Mermaid ends on a totally different note...

EDIT: Some more stuff

1 - Gundari aka Chairwoman/Principal was the 'first' class head. I don't think they ever mentioned which strain of the virus she had, but effectively since she was the leader, and because the barrier didn't exist during their generation, leading them to get attacked by AAA, decided that the only way to protect the other Valkyries was to become 'god'. So she's like the brain and the other Valkyries kind of sleep/rest in her cores. The other three were the other class heads with the rest of the class being the body cores (more or less).

2 - Mermaid had the observers or whatever to determine if the girls were able to re-integrate in society (despite making their weird German-ish military castle society). The robot thing was pretty much - 'this is the only solution we can come up with until we find a cure for arms virus (eventually)'.

3 - Rinka becomes unusable during that particular arc after the first Gouzanze fight (IIRC) and she overexerts herself because she had to make up for the partner's weakness (can't remember who she teamed up with) and took her partner's damage as well - she ends up getting hospitalized and put under observation for a few chapters - also an excuse for the Bhikkuni governing body to run tests on her since she's one of the hybrids.