Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i can never watch lotr again

hobbit hocks might not be so bad tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
maybe that happens in Middle Earth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nope it doesn't

quote:

Tolkien was very careful in the moon phases described in his works, so that they fit the passing of days realistically. Tolkien was remodelling the phases while reviewing the book in 1944 so that he preserves the consistency. The moon phases described in the Lord of the Rings correspond to the phases of years 1941-2 and its probable that he used a recent calendar for reference[23]. Unfortunately, some minor errors (that can be detected only after thorough measurement and astronomical knowledge) slipped his attention

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that story is bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Khablam posted:

Space friends, menu simply means list to chose from, or a collection of offerings for selection. It's etymology is from small / detailed, so orc english can have followed the same routes to become a list of foods to eat.
Like the pile of dead body parts would be there, and someone would roughly list whats in it to eat. BOOM A MENU.

Doesn't literally have to be at a restaurant, go back to watching all 614 hours of LOTR in peace.

phew, thank you my immersion is now unruined

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kesper North posted:

Late to the party, but orcs actually have a highly developed culture, a fact Tolkien conceals in the text by only displaying orcs acting like warlike barbarians in an attempt to dehumanize them, as the Lord of the Rings was a racist, counterrevolutionary screed against industrialization, black people and the destruction of the 'pastoral English countryside'. Peter Jackson, who is basically Tolkien's version of Leni Riefenstahl, got a little sloppy and let the "menu" reference slip through - but that's all we need to allow us to see past the propaganda and view orcs as a sensitive, artistic people who want to overthrow the elves who have been abusing them for millenia and use their engineering talents to build steam engines, running water, toilets and other modern conveniences required to open a really good orc bistro in Mordor that serves only the finest artisanal cave-grown dwarf heads.

this is way better than the other thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all are welcome here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

You still feeling the Bern Eonwe?

yes he is very good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont want the sanderistas tag because if anything I'd discourage someone from voting for them if they read my posts an I had the gangtag

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will try to drop in

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endie posted:

Shouldn't this be "Eve Online 2016: a sci-fi spaceship game in which Goons are terrible" because for all that it's certainly a fine example of the genre I have serious doubts vis a vis the assumption that Goons aren't terrible to some degree in other spaceship games, given the chance.

For instance, all it will take would be for Star Citizens actually to launch - bear with me, this is a hypothetical - and someone would start firing up spira and a house demerit tracking spreadsheet for guild management purposes.

there isn't even a game yet, and when they THOUGHT there would be a game they already had spreadsheets

so yes, you are correct

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

a good op

on a level from 1 to eonwe, whats your shitposting level?

eonwe

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

everyone itt uses reddit
fake edit: and by association are redditors

whats an redditor

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to do it

im going to post on the reddit

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

I won't lie, I'm a bit jealous of Deadtear getting a golden Outworld Devourer courier in his Dota 2 compendium.

but then you remember that he plays DotA

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pee pee doo doo, it is a bad game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sheepdemon posted:

My favourite thing is when people loudly proclaim how much they don't use reddit but then instantly know about every single thread that badmouths them within 5 minutes of it being posted.

i actually do use reddit

just not big subreddits

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this thread is whatever you want it to be

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys can request it be renamed to whatever as long as it isn't creepy and i'm good with it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
same

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siets posted:

edit: Yikes, someone is having some fun with this thread. :v:

it was every thread, actually

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siets posted:

Mods or some script kiddie?

probably ZDR tinkering

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

crew posted:

I forgot this shitshow was still a thing, man people are dumb

:psyduck:

thats not even the tip of the iceberg

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
eve is really bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Why do we STILL have 2 threads?

And why is one run by a total goddamn moron?

Hint: Not Endie

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its sad that the Bernie supporter thinks im an idiot when I got the sanderistas tag added to SA

JERK!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nice meltdown

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
or alternatively, im sorry you have to...idk? look at two topics on the topic list?

it must be tough

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its too bad because I don't want to do the spaceship part EVE part, but I'd love to do the FPS / dogfighting stuff in a way that could potentially impact the larger universe

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

There's Eve Valkyrie but it's wasted on requiring a $600 VR headset.

oh I know, but it won't actually affect the EVE Universe, at least for a while apparently

like if they had designed those from the ground up to like affect the EVE universe that would have been really cool

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siets posted:

I've come around on Eonwe. His always-start-lowercase-chilldude-niceguy-posts are like the good in-between beers betwixt all the usual dank imperial pale ale favored spergposts and slapfights that otherwise go on in here. :shobon:

its really easy to never use capitals on a computer but its a drat pain to actually make my posts all lowercase when mobile posting

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I keep getting the two threads confused so i put a post-it note on my screen that says "terrible = actually chill thread" with a smiley face so I know this is the good one when I look at the list

:)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
True

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

crew posted:

That slackchat is all Taylor Swift gifs, regurgitated 4 chan, 8 chan , 9gag memes and terrible pubbies vying for developer attention.

Sounds like my ideal date

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok friends the other eve thread hasn't had some dumb scandal for like, OVER A WEEK NOW

so ill close this for now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hello

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

I plan to steal $150 worth of free black desert online keys and then scam them

please do not concern troll me eonwe

:eyepop: