Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No mods no masters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Make me a mod and this poo poo wouldnt happen

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

xutech posted:

Eonwe is the new meta

Hey Xutech is there a backup of kugu anywhere or are all my beautiful posts lost to the annals of time?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

xutech posted:

We still have all the files. They'll need a lot of work but I think we will be able to craft something very interesting when we have the time

:swoon: EVE needs this, I need this

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

post your music you play this game to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQzu7NYlZNQ

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

My mom makes spare ribs & sauerkraut in a crock pot and its amazing.

Sauerkraut gives some wicked :gas: too

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I'm free

I get banned everytime I try to post in IMP Zone too idgi

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Oodles posted:

I quite like Jeff's podcast

I love Jeffs podcast and this one had the potential to be really good given who is on it but right off the bat DJ is like: yeah im not gonna talk about that, then cue up 55 minutes of bizarre sperg about rando IRL and EVE things :cripes:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CashEnsign posted:

I forgot to order RAM though

Dude just download it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Apparently you guys are really mad about this csm thing

CALM DOWN IT'LL BE OK

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

When he dumped a years worth of TMC's GBS logs. There was writers and editors real names and emails and things buried in there and somebody pointed it out, Marlona was like: "eh whatevs it was a fairly public channel with no expectation of privacy I cant be arsed to scrub it."

Then it was taken down from reddit due to their doxxing rules, Lucia Denninard from Pizza scrubbed it and resubmitted it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The context of the time was the csm running not for last year but the year before. Marlona has always bitched and moaned about force projection which is odd coming from an Ncdot guy but he never spent much time flying with his alliance anyways.

He did spend months and months scanning all of Fountains moons and uploading where all the R64's are and even started Deklein too.

So he runs for the csm on a platform of: "nerf force projection and nerf large, organized alliances and return eve to the glory days of small gang roaming." He made some blog pieces and forum posts and the general discussion around his platform was like: yeah you're an idiot your travel restrictions and ideas are bad. Retroactively he now claims to be the herald of fozzie sov and jump fatigue.

I cant remember approximately when he got booted from TMC, or when the log dump happened in connection to the csm thing but basically at the end he got all tinfoil about somebody (some large and highly organized, nefarious group) trying to "silence" him and his csm campaign to protect their rmt empire.

So he withdrew his csm campaign, biomassed his character, (some theta guy claimed that name) and quit eve. Was silent for about a year and came back to sperg once more on FHC about the kickstarter.

Theres a lot of other wild and crazy claims and accusations in there but you get the gist about what kind of grade-a shitelord this guy is.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

actually iirc the idea he had for nerfing jump drives was pretty close to what we have in place currently

It figures that Greyscale would have the same sort of ideas about EVE as Marlona.

Range, frequency or making it super expensive (which they actually tried before fatigue by tweaking isotope prices) was always part of the discussion.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

From my perspective, at TMC, you're fairly treated and viewed as a friend and asset, right up to the point where you're not

This seems to be or has been a common occurrence over there

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Looks like snuff box is currently getting buttfucked in L-C (Fade) https://zkillboard.com/br/68235/

I would imagine they're furiously unplugging slaves right about now

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Berious posted:

Fozziesov and space aids took that gameplay out the back and shot it though

Yesterday/today was the Asakai and B-R anniversary never forget

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Berious posted:

I was at B-R. For me putting elite pvp in their place was as satisfying as killing Band of Brothers. Literally for months they'd been sperging on Kugu about how they own at supers and once they catch goons with their pants down we're done. Then we get pretty equal numbers and just obliterate them. Even better we won in no small part because the elite pvpers made a bunch of bad calls, like at first focusing on killing dreadnaughts and when the finally switched to titans going for one that would obviously be supertanked (in contrast we left Sir Molle's until the mopping up phase). Such a cool battle and a sweet victory. We'll never see it's like again :saddowns:

Brings a tear to the eye just remembering, we shall never see its like again :rip:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rakeris posted:

Yeah it's sad, those huge fights were fun, conversation pieces. Also rare enough that they were not tiresome. I even had random people at work ask me if I was there cause they knew I played eve. And read about it on some news site.

I had the best of both worlds because I watched the stream all day at work then got to jump into it when they called for a Dominix fleet around midnight EST to neut out and finish the last 10 avatars.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Oodles posted:

Has Star Citizen just poo poo itself or is DSmart trolling on the twitters?

Looks like the senior producer just quit.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I forgot this shitshow was still a thing, man people are dumb

:psyduck:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

thats not even the tip of the iceberg

I just bought a new 24" 144hz monitor for $350 and these nerds are buying jpegs for $350 what is goin on :psyduck:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

justsharkbait posted:

Everyone knew we were going to get hosed so there we sat for like 26 hours

Did you really though. I remember PL guys cheerleading in the twitch chat talking about a titan-heavy ustz presence hoping the tide would turn.

Even the kill counters on Nicks stream were wildly inaccurate and it was only the next day when ccp released the official 59-16 number that it turned into a turbodunk.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I tried to google back through the sands of time to see who all had what on field from the various dscans that day but it appears most scans were done on dingos broken rear end website.

Hey Hendrick do you guys have those numbers internally? All the ccp data is about what died and not what was on field.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I very distinctly remember Vince Draken in the NC FC chat explaining how and why we were probably jumping to our dooms, and he wasn't being tongue and cheek about it. I'm pretty sure we knew we were about to get rekt, even if PL didn't want to believe it. You have to remember though it was PL leadership's (manfred) hubris that kicked off the whole thing though.

I remember Manny's hubris because he insisted on putting the whole dick on the table everytime and never backing down.

I'm just not buying the badly outnumbered thing titan-wise. Everytime PL or NC does a moveop I'm like: outnumbered by what? Rifters? All I can find as to who put what on field is busted eve-dingo links.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

balistafreak posted:

Find me a person who unironically enjoyed the mechanics of a huge, politics-fueled fleet fight and we'll find us a liar. I'm sure the schemers and diplomats are having their own version of fun, but the idea of being CTA'd for some big fight coming up and then having to sit through hours of TIDI "because it's important for the corp/alliance" is enough for me to never even consider applying to GSF proper

Is this guy for real? :psyduck:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Anyone saying we weren't hosed from the moment Manny dropped sov is an idiot and a liar

Richter Enderas and Miss Bolyai come to mind. Whose character is Miss Bolyai?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Thats quite a dunk :golfclap:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

hakimashou posted:

I never played eve but I did play another game with balistafreak and he was great I miss him you guys would be lucky to have him especially in your mumble.

We're not fun enough for him.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So I posted something in the albion onlike subreddit and AOMonochrome responded to me, that's the CCP Greyscale dude right?

The one and only

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Why do we STILL have 2 threads?

And why is one run by a total goddamn moron?

Hint: Not Endie

Two threads = twice the opportunity to post :shibe:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I have this little "Infantry" number on my eve chatbox and it has always been zero, does that mean nobody plays/played DUST?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I went through my skillsheet in prep for sp trading on Tuesday and I have 4,336,920 worth of poo poo I wanna pull out of my head. I'll need 8 1/2 extractors but I think I can aurum up the first two or so then toss the filled 500k injectors on the market and use that to make my way through the rest of the extractors I need.

The diminished returns on high sp guys are godawfully retarded. If I wanted to respec or reinject my poo poo, each 500k sp injector only gives 150,000 sp to a high sp character, I forget what the threshold was, 80m sp or so.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

That slackchat is all Taylor Swift gifs, regurgitated 4 chan, 8 chan , 9gag memes and terrible pubbies vying for developer attention.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So ncdot just killed one of their own titans. Some HiFi (ex-kadeshi) guy was red-flagged for non-pvp participation because he only flies logi. He made a buttmad post on ncdot forums and was roundly mocked.

This made him upset that his spacebros would treat him this way and he may or may not have mental or depression issues. I guess they tried to talk him down but he was determined to suicide his titan into LSH so they killed him.

I'm not gonna link le reddit but its there on the front page https://zkillboard.com/kill/51842031/ Just elite pvp things

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

I don't understand this red flag thing. What is that? Are they saying he's not PVP'ing because he doesn't have killmails?

Yes they utilize the same advanced participation metrics as PL = x amount of killmails per month or get out.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Why bother joining a PvP Alliance if you're not interested in PvP?

Well, a terrible pubbie is responsible for the Bastion modules for Marauders- what's the worst that could happen?

Wait- we know what that is- they get hired by CCP and we get to experience a newly defined variant of 'balanced'.

Well the problem in this case was: the dude was a pr0 logi pilot who joined mad pvp fleets but he either didnt fit a whoregun or get on enough mails. The system failed, he got earmarked for purging then he lost his poo poo and his titan.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

In an advanced alliance like the Goonswarm Federation his contributions would be duly noted and celebrated :shobon:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I will claim responsibility for saying I dont give a gently caress if rmt'rs get scammed.

Clearly the moral highground is out of my reach.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

PL's BfM isn't the same as pedo ex goon BfM, right? I seem to recall hearing there are two of them, at some point.

There is two of them and they are both valued members of pandemic legion, however, discussing the bad bfm and his past sins is no bueno as per mods since it just gets run into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dalael posted:

Remember the last time 3000 nerds formed up out of the blue for a IHUB? Yeah, me neither.

Man there was some timers today but the most I seen out of ~the allies~ was 300

• Locked thread