Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

10 ISK to whoever gets Endie to close his thread so we can only post about eve ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Space friends, menu simply means list to chose from, or a collection of offerings for selection. It's etymology is from small / detailed, so orc english can have followed the same routes to become a list of foods to eat.
Like the pile of dead body parts would be there, and someone would roughly list whats in it to eat. BOOM A MENU.

Doesn't literally have to be at a restaurant, go back to watching all 614 hours of LOTR in peace.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

you have a valid point or two, but that little clerks-lite speech does gloss over raising an army of darkness to commit genocide

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Endie posted:

We never see any actual genocide though, do we? War involves attack as well as defence but nobody says Churchill raised an army to commit genocide when he tried to defend *his* little patch of homeland.

Sauron works for Morgoth and seeks to blanket middle earth in his will, which is to corrupt or destroy everything good. Morgoth is literally the divine source of all evil.
It'd be like defending hitler even after you found out that the devil is real, and hitler is his conduit to put his will upon man.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

also the first :godwin: on page 8 of an eve thread is pretty chill

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The hobbits are about as close as it gets to atheism in lotr, in that their naive existence from reality allows them to ignore the good/evil poo poo going on.
Elsewhere it's pretty hard to be an atheist when deities have physical forms and tend to do things to announce their presence, like throw you a few hundred feet through the air and perform necromancy.

It's basically the real world situation inverted.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I think I've watched too many ATs, because honestly at this point Trump looks like the democrat's B candidate, that they're running through the losers bracket in order to beat easily in the final without needing to rig anything

makes you think

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

just made politics about eve for you all

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DNS is obnoxiously annoying and I completely fail to grasp why anyone wants to hear him speak about anything, at any point.

His fanfest presentations were the worst poo poo ever and when he wasn't garbling on about injokes and laughing at himself he was laughing loudly over everyone else's presentations.

urghgh

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Wait, is he that guy who took up most of the time allotted at a fanfest panel to ramble on and on and on about whatever group he was in, leaving the rest of the panel a couple of minutes each for their presentations?

Yeah, gently caress ever having to listen to him again

He had some lovely video about trying to go to jove space which was about 2x the allowed time on itself. He also used it two years running.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Endie posted:

Shouldn't this be "Eve Online 2016: a sci-fi spaceship game in which Goons are terrible" because for all that it's certainly a fine example of the genre I have serious doubts vis a vis the assumption that Goons aren't terrible to some degree in other spaceship games, given the chance.

For instance, all it will take would be for Star Citizens actually to launch - bear with me, this is a hypothetical - and someone would start firing up spira and a house demerit tracking spreadsheet for guild management purposes.

It needs to somehow fail to bring over evegoons, and then it'll be fine.
Starfleet dental was(is? idk) a good example of goons making GBS threads on pubbies and making them want to die, without any spreadsheets or turbosperg.

As soon as mittens started talking about crossing over into SC any hope of that pretty much went.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Uziduke posted:

This thread is truly something awful.

hahha thats hilarious, when did you think that one up?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

CashEnsign posted:

Is it your cake day or something Hendrik?

I am having a good day too. Putting my new PC together. I forgot to order RAM though

forgot the memory because you have no memory

thats pretty deep if you think about it

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the fucks a cake day

A mechanism by which to spot redditors, mostly.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

everyone itt uses reddit
fake edit: and by association are redditors
no, because some people retain the self control to not say, for example, "happy cake day", and are ergo not indoctrinated

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I remember Grath and others claiming outright it was going to swing hard their way during USTZ, and everyone was quoting Fuzzeh's numbers as few people knew those titans were getting out and not dying.
Grath was trying to get every active super in B-R and there were rage pings for hours after it kicked off.

Not sure you're quite remembering the point at which it was resoundingly won, or that it was known.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Didn't want those supers anyway" sounds a little revisionist; if you didn't care win/lose the entire political landscape wouldn't have been how it was afterwards. I mean why would you deliberately get your poo poo killed, and then cede all your poo poo, when you could just not get them killed?

People are forgetting this happened right after Hed-gg, and NC/PL were in turbosmug mode and genuinely believed catching our supers would mean killing them all. By the time "the first few titans" were down, we were already many real-hours into the fight and escape was impossible.

e: It was also a year after Asakai where we lost supers, and months after Fountain where we quite obviously couldn't/wouldn't field them.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

No one has ever, and could ever, force you to do anything you silly dipshit. Irony being we're just about the only group in Eve to never call a CTA or mandate attendance. But I guess you're still on highsec narrative.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

balistafreak posted:

Social pressure is a helluva thing. I've heard enough griping and groaning about the latest "man I was up until __________ because I had to shoot a structure/make a reinforcement timer/stick with a committed fleet that escalated and went to TIDI/stay with a roam".

That's their own loving choice and much like "oh man I'm tired because I was up all night playing Fallout 4" it's largely an admission of wanting to do said thing, wrapped in the guise of a complaint.
You'll find more "gently caress main fleet" sentiment in GSF than you'll find the opposite, by a wide margin, so if anything the "social pressure" would be to kow tow to not going on fleets.

If you join and openly and loudly proclaim that you will never go on any fleet, ever, nothing happens to you.

As DT said this is the outsiders opinion on something they know nothing about; this particular opinion is largely absent from people with any experience of 0.0 and is usually parroted by NPC alts on Eve-O who pretend to be in the know but actually just mine in highsec.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

balistafreak posted:

in reality all he does is shitpost all the time and welp the occasional (reimbursed) ship.

Guy is living the highlife

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Haquer posted:

Honestly I'm still unsure why the tweetfleet slack was ever invaded

Doesn't mittani have enough chatrooms to consume his personal time already?

It's important to tell people over and over how much you don't care about them, any less attention and people would confuse it with caring about them, see?

Mittani sat in that slack asking "when did you stop beating your wife see this secret change to the whitepaper" was a bit awkward.
I can't see what he's trying to achieve because he's about the only person who cares.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Xolve posted:

Why bother joining a PvP Alliance if you're not interested in PvP?

Mostly the people who will disagree here don't see their alliance as "a PVP alliance" but rather their alliance no matter what they want to do. If we want to go on fleets 12 hours a day for 6 months, then mine for 6 months we can, we don't have some shitlord saying we aren't playing the game right during period 2.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It has WASD controls. See you soon?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

That actor porked up wore the least convincing fatsuit in the history of visual media for one season because he was supposed to be a shiftless lazy fat gently caress during that season.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Money in, a pile of poo poo out?

Sounds about right.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'd never considered 'American cheese' before -- what do you have? Every cheese I can think of / eat is named after a British or European region. Do you get any of these?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Gotta have the right mushrooms. I hated mushrooms as a kid because the poo poo my parents gave us was always some variation of 'button mushrooms' that literally bounce.
Your food shouldn't loving bounce.

I then had thin-sliced garlic mushrooms on an English breakfast somewhere and they were amazing. I've never looked back.
Also you can BBQ portabello mushrooms which works much better than you'd imagine.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Kiryen posted:

Allow me to call your attention to hard-boild egg yolks.

Nah they kinda just break apart unless you boil the poo poo outta them. Don't boil the poo poo out of them.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Which thread?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Red Crown posted:

I honestly forgot those people existed until just now. Got any choice bits from the logs? Not all of us have resubbed.

He got baited into making a list of reasons why men have it so so bad and it's just the usual MRA talking points presented with no context or evidence.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's kinda sunny here, so kinda ok

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Kiryen posted:

I'm glad we eradicated this dire strategic threat. Our war position is now improved because

Posting > 'war effort'

Like who cares about war in a videogame more than making GBS threads on a MRA jeez.

In chill news I have found a nice bottle of Calvodos under my stairs.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Kiryen posted:

You'd think banning one shitlord making some terrible memes and posting them was some sort of blow for justice or something.

No one said that. It was literally just fun posting.

Not sure you understand posting, friend.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Oh right.

Other than posting about eve you post about ~social justice warriors~ so lawl ok

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Helicon One posted:

My 10 days expires tomorrow morning, not continuing my sub, game still bad.

What should I buy as a long term investment?

You can ask this in gs_ISK. Probably PLEX though if you have no idea if you ever want to return, anything else could swing wildly in unforeseen patches.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Accidentally getting you to start eve has been the only good thing to come from this war.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Don't buy plex when you're new. It's a trap and you'll just be grinding ISK to be able to grind more for free.

Unless you've been gifted a poo poo load of ISK or something.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

'Real crew' immersion breaks down when you try to imagine the kind of people who would crew a catalyst.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Chances of using a dread in a situation where that much min/maxing matter much is pretty small.

Just shoot lasers at mans and be happy with the lasers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is the fit I'm currently working on.

Would it be ok to replace one of the tracking links with a painter? And besides that is the rest good?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

shouldnt you use sentries

Goatman Sacks posted:

Sentries can't really track frigates too well anymore

L4 missions aren't anoms, deadtear is right. You will apply 10% of that DPS because they'll just be flying between things all the time.
Pretty sure you'll be best served looking up a guide to mission blitzing and doing that, it's much less bullshit once you have the standings for it.

• Locked thread