Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's Your Stance on the Oregon Militia?
its easy to dismiss these protests, but if these brave men don't stand up for the rights of white, gun owning landowners, who will?
well at least most of those men will get their wish and occupy federal property indefinitely.
I'm sorry, why exactly are they occupying and digging holes in this place? Did I miss something?
View Results

• Locked thread
dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
What is BYOB's Stance on the Oregon Militia. I'd loooove to hear your thoughts. I lurve me some yobpinions (opinions of yobbers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
more like ammon hunky :kimchi:

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Qwerinty

by zen death robot
if it goes on long enough, they'll be common law married to each other

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
whats with that guy's faaace

Piso Mojado

well at least most of those men will get their wish and occupy federal property indefinitely.

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

Piso Mojado posted:

sounds like a win/win

Piso Mojado

Qwerinty posted:

if it goes on long enough, they'll be common law married to each other

not sure how those men are going to explain that to their wives waiting back home at their polygamist compound

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

TheCIASentMe

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
It taught me a new term that I really like. Yeehawdist.

It's a fun word. Try it!

joke_explainer

i'm not a fan of it. I don't like the disparity with how these guys are being treated versus how they'd be treated if they were muslims or, like, the Black Panthers or something and did the same thing. It's hard to imagine the local authorities and federal authorities being like, 'Well, let's just wait them out and try to come to a peaceful resolution. These guys just got themselves worked up and I'm sure they'll come to their senses.'

Though I don't want violence, I just think the treatment of these guys is different. It's like because they're white angry men, they get far more patience than you'd expect otherwise. I'm glad the captured ones are getting felony charges now, and hope the rest are charged as well. Looks like the penalty is about six years. And with a felony charge on their record, they won't be allowed to own guns anymore, which seems like a good idea.

The refuge itself is 187,757 acres of wildlife habitat that they're loving up and keeping people from doing their jobs and keeping the public away from the refuge. It's ridiculous that this has gone on as long as it has.

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
BYOB is always in favor of armed revolution just usually in the opposite political direction

bong

by Shine
its a fashjion show for big hats

----------------

alnilam

joke_explainer posted:

i'm not a fan of it. I don't like the disparity with how these guys are being treated versus how they'd be treated if they were muslims or, like, the Black Panthers or something and did the same thing. It's hard to imagine the local authorities and federal authorities being like, 'Well, let's just wait them out and try to come to a peaceful resolution. These guys just got themselves worked up and I'm sure they'll come to their senses.'

Though I don't want violence, I just think the treatment of these guys is different. It's like because they're white angry men, they get far more patience than you'd expect otherwise. I'm glad the captured ones are getting felony charges now, and hope the rest are charged as well. Looks like the penalty is about six years. And with a felony charge on their record, they won't be allowed to own guns anymore, which seems like a good idea.

The refuge itself is 187,757 acres of wildlife habitat that they're loving up and keeping people from doing their jobs and keeping the public away from the refuge. It's ridiculous that this has gone on as long as it has.

One of the militia guys had the gall to compare the armed, dangerous, anti-government militia white man who was shot and killed today, to Tamir Rice the unarmed black pre-teen...

City of Glompton

they are Bad, boo, hiss.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

mags

do they have showers in the visitor center? that's all i find myself wondering

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

the musty, acrid smell of freedom

paul_soccer12 posted:

alnilam

Well boys we're stocked up on bagel bites, pierogies, frozen pizzas, and pizza rolls, got a massive lan party going... if the man cuts the power then hell boys it's time to break out the candles and play d&d, and who among us hasn't eaten uncooked bagel bites before

mags

alnilam posted:

Well boys we're stocked up on bagel bites, pierogies, frozen pizzas, and pizza rolls, got a massive lan party going... if the man cuts the power then hell boys it's time to break out the candles and play d&d, and who among us hasn't eaten uncooked bagel bites before

*a hand in the back timidly rises*

paul_soccer12 posted:

Robot Made of Meat

Piso Mojado posted:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

TheCIASentMe posted:

It's a fun word. Try it!

I like it!

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

Don't forget the big box of dildoes someone sent them.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Guns: are BAD!!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

smoke weed NOT barrels!! (like the smoking barrel on a gun that was shot out of)

Piso Mojado

I stand with amung bundey.

posting smiling
they're brave

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I was sad for them when they ran out of snacks :jerky:

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

joke_explainer posted:

i'm not a fan of it.

The US has absolute poo poo tons of militias who are armed to the teeth. They have also handled compound situations very poorly in the past. It makes sense to wait this out and try to not kill people and spark off a bunch of stuff.
The popular sentiment that if they were black they would have killed them so they should kill them is appalling, how about they stop killing everyone, instead of evening the numbers. Seriously that's not cool to want people to die to even some score.

If they can end any situation without killing everyone but it takes an extra week go for it. But if they were black.... well address that in those situations
*the militia are idiots and need to be locked up

ChairmanMeow fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 28, 2016

Piso Mojado

90% of the Midwest is armed militiamen (and women). hell I think I'm in at least three.

ChairmanMeow

I use a pushbroom to clear a path through guns to get to bed

Piso Mojado

byob should form a militia and take over gbs and make Deadmou5 buy us all weed and ferrarris.

ChairmanMeow

in it

Piso Mojado

ChairmanMeow posted:

I use a pushbroom to clear a path through guns to get to bed
my grandparents grew up during the great gun bowl and told stories how their alfalfa fields were covered in a layer of guns nearly a foot thick.

Android Blues

ChairmanMeow posted:

The US has absolute poo poo tons of militias who are armed to the teeth. They have also handled compound situations very poorly in the past. It makes sense to wait this out and try to not kill people and spark off a bunch of stuff.
The popular sentiment that if they were black they would have killed them so they should kill them is appalling, how about they stop killing everyone, instead of evening the numbers. Seriously that's not cool to want people to die to even some score.

If they can end any situation without killing everyone but it takes an extra week go for it. But if they were black.... well address that in those situations

i agree that of course they shouldn't kill anyone if it's avoidable, but i do think it's a good idea to use this as a point of contrast just because some people who might not have really gotten it before are gonna see ferguson and this relatively close together, and compare the government reaction in their heads, and maybe realise that systemic racism is more of a thing than they previously had considered.

i'm sure some people are saying "ugh just kill those guys!", and you're totally right about that attitude, but i think a lot of the people making the comparison are mostly pointing out the fact that they haven't killed them, and likely would if they were black or muslim, in an effort to make people think about racial injustice.

bong

by Shine

Piso Mojado posted:

my grandparents grew up during the great gun bowl and told stories how their alfalfa fields were covered in a layer of guns nearly a foot thick.

lol

----------------

ScrubLeague

ChairmanMeow posted:

The popular sentiment that if they were black they would have killed them so they should kill them is appalling, how about they stop killing everyone, instead of evening the numbers.

Totally, we should not have run in immediately and bombed them out of memory, but also we would have totally run in immediately and bombed them out of memory if they were non-whites.

----------------

joke_explainer

ChairmanMeow posted:

*the militia are idiots and need to be locked up

no, I totally agree, like I say in the next paragraph it's good that they're avoiding violence. I just wish it was consistency across the board. I really hope you don't think I was saying they should be killed because of the unfairness.

The X-man cometh

TheCIASentMe posted:

It's a fun word. Try it!

My favorite so far is Yokel Haram.

ScrubLeague

Vanilla ISIS

----------------

alnilam

The X-man cometh posted:

My favorite so far is Yokel Haram.

BOGO Haram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

Piso Mojado posted:

• Locked thread