Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Statutory Ape posted:

Has anybody made a stargate mod for this game yet

there's a gun mod that has p-90s and one that adds jaffa forehead things. also some voicepacks for various characters.

seems like an obvious thing to license the engine out for though yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ripper Swarm posted:

Phoneposting or I'd link some: there's mods out there that add more factions that can show up on the tactical map.
This ends up with some missions turning 4 way fights between XCOM, Advent, the Lost and then bandits/rogue chrysalids/chaos space marines/etc.
Not very balanced, pretty fun tho!

I installed some SCP factions and sometimes I get like three different groups of them, it's nuts. some of those AI turns get pretty long once there's like five groups all shooting at each other.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

BlazetheInferno posted:

Agreed, it's a very interesting randomizer for your soldiers' classes. Doesn't work for me though, I play with a character pool of characters I know well, and sometimes I just need to have them as their proper class, or something fitting. Mods like Amalgamation Classes don't allow for that, it's random or nothing. I actually have trouble with RPGO for similar reasons, as you either have to manually choose everyone's class... or randomize everyone. There is no way that I know of to do both in one campaign, otherwise I'd love RPGO, aside from the soldier-maintenance getting tedious.

commanders choice and second wave options for RPGO might help. the way I run it it's something like this:

rookie ranks up
i get to choose either a regular class or the RPGO "soldier" class
if I take RPGO, I pick two "background" perks, and then three of the class lines from RPGO.
they then get locked in to those lines and level up as normal and pick from those.

So as an example in my current game I have Crono from Chrono Trigger set up with I wanna say two lines dealing with swords and his third one is something that gives him electric skills. One of them even gave him a move that spins around and swords stuff in a few-space cluster, it's rad. I've got some Mega Man characters set up with Bulletmeister class lines so it's like they can switch weapons. Now even classes are dress up. :getin:

It's a good balance between locked in classes and full blown RPGO pick from anything. You can configure how many lines you can pick per character and whatnot as well. There's a few limitations and fiddly quirks to it and resetting via console commands doesn't work quite how I'd like it to but it makes for a fun game where you may try out new things/combinations of things. Some protips: if you're playing with RPGO Jedi, you gotta take force user as a background perk. Also if you want ripjacks you need to get reckoning.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Basic Chunnel posted:

Speaking of ayyys, did anyone make a chatspeak mod for XCOM2? Like the one that shows “ayyyy lmao” when a soldier gets hit with a frog

yes. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125601165&searchtext=ayy

there's some slurs and stuff in there though. but you can also just edit the files to change them to anything you want. the enemy reinforcement warning text says something like "rapesquad incoming" so i changed it to "motherfuckers" instead as an example.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
that's kind of a neat idea. one of the RPGO lines (maybe from an addon mod) does have a perk that gives you two random grenades per mission, but that's like, random from the existing ones not random when you launch it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What if XCOM 3 is a dating simulator

dateable dr vahlen and i'm in

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

FoolyCharged posted:

Just played the game again for the first time in forever. The hell is with this new launcher, it tells me I have mods on and then they aren't active in game

use this instead https://github.com/X2CommunityCore/xcom2-launcher

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

FoolyCharged posted:

But I already have a star wars conversion mod?

yeah there are already so many star wars mods that i can only imagine a commercial product coming out with less overall content, lol

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
yo they will be shutting down multiplayer servers for XCOM 2 on the 26th. if you want to get the multiplayer achievement (I think it's just one?*), now's the time.

got mine, but hit me up if you wanna do it quick: https://steamcommunity.com/id/cryomancer/

i have all the DLC though, I think we need to match.

*edit: you may want to do a skirmish and challenge from the legacy hub if you haven't yet, those have an achievement each and may or may not also disappear with multiplayer.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 23, 2022

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it seems kind of hit or miss. Worked right away for me but not for my friend. :shrug:

Hosting may or may not matter?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
mushashis rpg overhaul also makes things a lot more granular without being lwotc

and there's extra mods to add to it to get even more choices.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
xcom 2 also seems to have a weird thing where load times are increased by the number of save files you have. so delete or moving them may decrease the length. WOTC seems to do a little better too vs base game, if i recall?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
try it awhile and see if it clicks with you. if you get real into it and wish it had way the hell more, get the DLC and install several hundred mods :pcgaming:

it's arguable but i'd say WOTC does fundamentally change the game for the better overall. mileage may vary on the other DLCs. i remember the performance even seemed way better with WOTC but that might have just been my machine.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
also if you do get into it / do multiple runs, totally learn to use the character pool. save cool soldiers you like from previous campaigns and load them up into future ones.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
from what i've heard about long war, hitting 0% is probably a feature :v:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
yeah i'm just messing around, have a good time.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
there's some perk in rpgo for pistol mains and snipers that lets them just take a free shot at everything in a pod when it gets revealed. it's so cheese, I love it. just let them take point somewhere high and they'll eliminate most stuff under like ten HP instantly.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
still kind of wish there was a mod that let you just like... simulate missions. sometimes I just wanna concentrate on base stuff, drat. let some soldiers I don't care about go take care of it!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if xcom legends makes a lot of money

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
get a mod that lets you install upgrades to swords and it'll have accuracy boosts available.

rulers protip: get something that lets you stun. arc throwers are particularly good at that. stun is powerful as gently caress.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I got and started suns and I think the best part is the mechanics of knocking dudes into each other and into hazards. that shits rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I got a line from Carol about installing XCOM on the hero op computer thing, made me laugh.