Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

RandallODim posted:

hahaha gently caress this gently caress THIS why jake whyyy

all of my people are gonna get lidded, jesus christ

To be fair, 'dash then attack' is something all melee attackers can do. Your ranger can do it. ADVENT Stun Lancers can do it.

... Presumably Muton Berserkers can, too. Oh god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

I have managed to keep hype level to minimum.

Mostly because I cant afford $90 CAD for a video game right now.

:smith:

e: The Bureau is currently $4 on Steam, is it worth $4?

Buddy, just buy the base game with the 27% off Green Man Gaming code. I mean, I went for the Digital Deluxe because I'm a dork, and THAT came up to 80 CAD, more or less.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Bureau is not directly offensive, it's just kind of mediocre. It OK to play with, honestly.

Speaking of Final Mod, I've started a game of it. The techtree IS kind of a glorious mess, but I love all the options it gives and have. Not to mention I love sending dogs to rip sectoid apart.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
People were a lot more angry about The Bureau before they learned of XCOM EU, before they learned it wasn't the only XCOM game coming out. Oh god, the rage was pretty big.

I don't think I even FINISHED the Bureau, I didn't really like it all that much. It was pretty janky, it's true.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
You know what I want after reading the synopsis for the novel?

A volcanic base tileset. It's something I didn't know I wanted until now.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Trying to decide between the normal and deluxe preorders. Is this reinforcement pack just cosmetic goodies or does it touch on gameplay? It's hard to tell from the description.

The Digital Deluxe is more or less saving 5 or so bucks on the three first DLCs that'll come out over spring and summer.

I went for it because I'm a dork, mostly and I know I'll be buying them when they come out at full price ANYWAY.

There's also the thing you get for preordering that is just cosmetics, yeah, that is independent from the Deluxe version.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
That heavy weapon fire missing the muton just a few inches away was some Naked Gun poo poo right there. I love it.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Huh. I'm kind of semi-disappointing that you can do that! Then again, I kind of imagine it must be harder and harder to find them as things goes on.

I kind of imagine a mod or a patch to reduce the amount of time there is before the game 'ends' when you max the meter.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
That was such a badly time switch on Twitch's part, hahahah.

Also, wow, Bersekers aren't as scary as I imagined them to be?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Xenonauts is OK in my book, it does have a lot going for it that's been mentioned, but I always felt it didn't have... energy, I guess. Not the same sort of the original X-COM have.

The Railgun thing is kickass, mind.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I don't know if it's been shared here, but the Firaxis guys twitted that little while ago. I believe it is important, nay, ESSENTIAL XCOM 2 information for maximum enjoyment.

https://xcom.com/news/en-recruit-the-developers-of-xcom-2-in-the-character-pool

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Harrow posted:

How long until you get psionics in this one? Minor story spoilers are okay.

I want to recreate my badass psionic Assault from my first run in XCOM: EU, who was the only psionic soldier I got throughout the whole game and kicked a whole lot of rear end. Appropriately, her game-generated codename was Psycho.

Like three research from what I've seen, alien biology, sectoid corpse, psionics.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

iGestalt posted:

Has anyone tried the Leader Pack mod yet? I think the concept of a 'Leader' solider is a nice idea, but concerned it'll break the game because ~Day 1 modding~. Thoughts?

I got it in, but I haven't used it yet. You might as well add the SMG, Leader and Muton Centurion in and not use the first two, but it'll be there if you feel like using them.

They have a cost of admission(SMG upgrade tiers are their own costs, being able to make leader costs supply and upgrades, etc), so I feel it looks balanced.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

The Long War guys' SMG and Muton Centurion are so well integrated I can't take them out

The officer training school seems like butts though. If it worked like the Psi Ops training I might like it.

I kinda wish Muton Centurions had a research, too, but, ehn. I haven't used SMGs very much, yet. How they work out?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Kenshin posted:

So I'm downloading the Development Kit.

Gonna try my hand at creating an entirely new class.

I also downloaded the SDK, but it seems quite laggy for me for some reason, I can't open very much. I am ALSO planning on making a new class, or at least a new set of abilities and weapons.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 8, 2016

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I am having a strange problem with the SDK, I'm sharing it in hopes somebody know what the hell is up.

My SDK window does not update when I click something. Say I click on an option, it does not highlights until I've, say, minimized and maximized the window again. Same if open an in-project tree or something similar. It does not show up until I've done something like I just mentioned.

Anyone else is having this problem?

^^^^^
Burning do damage overtime, Centurion I... have no idea, they're supposed to have a sort of AoE buff for their fellow aliens, but they never lived long enough for me to pull it off.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I think Yathzee outright stated many times that he emphasis on the negative points for humour, because a lot less people likes his videos when he gush about a game to begin with, the few times it did happen.

Anyway, XCOM 2. I'm pretty amazed and glad that the mod community is booming like that for this game. I guess emphasis on being mod-friendly is going to pay off pretty soon.

Heck, with all the cosmetics out right now, it's already starting to pay off. The MSGV stuff is amazing.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Okay, looking at the stream Sparks look drat great and powerful. I wonder how they are balancing it up with that fact? I mean, they can't take cover, but.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

do green man gaming usually get you your key on time? i see they've got war of the chosen for 29.99 right now and would enjoy saving ten bucks, but not if i am going to have to wait to get my key at some random rear end not in time to preload time

I never had a problem with Green Man Gaming, honestly.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got a 25% discount on war of the chosen, I can wait a few bloody hours. I'll play this tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

Chosen can show up on the black site >_<

Oh and the next mission I decide to skulljack my first commander. Not only did I forget that spawns a Codex, but the Hunter made his first appearance on the same turn. Good thing he missed all his shots and got dogpiled or I could have a had a bad night.

That, uh, ended my current game! Because I took care of the bloody Assassin that showed up, but the Advent MEC and squad hosed me up afterwards.