Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Let's start that faux kelly collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

RandallODim posted:

hahaha gently caress this gently caress THIS why jake whyyy

all of my people are gonna get lidded, jesus christ

It's like they had a big list of optimal strategies for each enemy in the last game and their own goal when designing the new aliens was to gently caress those strategies up

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I can't wait downloading a 45 gig game on my lovely ~500kb/sec internet!

I was able to get civilization 5 gold down in 2 hours so I should be able to play in the evening.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

XCOM 3 should just keep assuming we lost in the previous game. Okay so we failed in XCOM 2 again. Now lets stage an insurrection as Muton-esque enforcers during an invasion of another planet and prevent another Earth from happening!

They could also just pull a classic x-com "you won! but the earth isfucked because you triggered a calamity"

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Berious posted:

I cant wait for the huge titted naked dickgirl snake mods

clean face mods for all the snakes.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Mans posted:

Did the remakes turn out to be good? Are they X-Com quality remake?

I wouldn't say they are x-com levels of a great re-imagining but they are solid. The first one was so-so due to it being super short and liniar but after that they got progressively better.

They are pretty solid buys when they inevitably go on sale every steam event.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Apparently we only saw around half of the enemies in the game so far.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How long till someone makes a cabbage patch map tile that can connect to anything?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The Kins posted:

First review I've seen: 94/100 from PC Gamer

they gave EW 85/100 for the record

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Seems like a simple fix of making super good shots more of a priority than psi abilities.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

A cool thing is that you can respec your dudes now at the cost of time so if swording doesn't work you can just do that. I can't wait to see what sick sword skills people are going to add in.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Speedball posted:

Jamball said the reason she resisted skulljacking anyone is that it triggers Codexes appearing. But it doesn't seem to stop OTHER advanced enemies from appearing as time progresses. And I bet you get something sweet for researching codexes.

Never did get why people put off the Alien Base Assault for so long. It unlocks psychic powers, people! C'mon!

For me it's always me wanting to be super geared up. I'm kind of glad the doom timer will force my hand a bit.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Total biscuit kept mentioning how tough the final mission is and I can't wait. The final mission in EW was disappointing because you basically steamed rolled everything

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Also they can get a perk that lets explosives loving crit

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Kiranamos posted:

Can't decide whether to use the Long War mods on release or not. Can anyone with psychic powers tell me if it will be better?

I'm going to go for them since they seems pretty interesting but not so much that it should majorly effect the feel of my first playthrough. I can't wait to see how the leadership skill tree works out.

[e] SMGs are going to be support's exclusive weapon in my game.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Mr.PayDay posted:

lads and ladies, check your cdkeys.com order, I just got my keys!

Thanks! Got mine even though they didn't email me yet

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So is the pre load the whole game compressed or will we still have to download ~20 gigs?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Either this game is harder or I'm worse than xcom than I thought.

What should I be focusing on in general early game in the geoscape?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Uncle Jam posted:

GTC! Extra dude plus the extra moves on conceal mission can make or break a timed mission. The tough enemies ramp up really quick, I got lancers on my second mission when I didn't do tutorial.

I'm more or less fine on the tactical map. The trouble I'm having on the geoscape is balancing cool combat stuff and story progession stuff.

I'm kind of in trouble in my current campaign because I was in too deep on the combat stuff that by the time I got the skulljack my doom clock is only 4 pips from full and I haven't done the black site yet.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I feel like a idiot.

All this time I thought you had to have the shadow chamber before you could do the black sites.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Finally finished a campaign, the finale was way better then the last game. That last rush where you're trying to take out the avatars while keeping wave after wave of enemies off you was amazing. It also looks like the terror from the deep dudes aren't allied with the elders from what they say during the last DBZ battle. Now I'm sad because it's going to be at least 2 years before the next main xcom

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Book plot point spoiler

So what was up with the contagion zone in the xcom book? The aliens were scared as gently caress of them in the book but it never showed up in xcom 2.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

One thing I didn't like about the end game was that they introduced a cool way to spend your excess Intel on a super easy mission and dropped it for the marathon you had to run after. I didn't even use any consumables because I thought there was going to be a twist or something.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I decided to do another xcom 2 playthrough because I'm sick of waiting for the expansion pack. I also shelled out for the dlc pack and modded it to hell and back just for more variety. I'm actually enjoying the alien hunters dlc more than the shen one.

The SPARK just feels like a slightly less cool version of a class I already played with. The alien hunter goodies are pretty cool (the crossbow is a godsend early game) and the leaders put in a pleasant wrinkle into your usual mission routine.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Speaking of Xcom 2 dissapointments, on of my few (non technical) problems with the game is how non-threatening chrysslids are now. On paper they should be worse but they're super rare and I've never been in a situation where I couldn't just melt them.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cythereal posted:

This happened in the ongoing LP, during the first encounter with the archon king. :black101:

Link? That sounds hilarious

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

Wait expansion pack?

Says who

:shrug: firaxis games always get atleast one expansion (even beyond earth which nobody likes). what else are they going to do now that civ 6 is out?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

If you didn't dig LW 1 I'd say still give this one a shot. I couldn't stand it either but the mechanics in this one seems way fairer.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think I'm going into the expansion clean. I play Xcom 2 with so many mods that I don't even remember what the base game is like.

I wonder how long it's going to take for long war 2 to be compatible

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

My chosen got the reaper and explosives weaknesses so every time she shows up I melt her because a single claymore does 14 damage.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Seriously it blows me away how good this DLC is:
  • Engine improvements so impressive I'm still not convinced they're not black magic
  • New units and toys to play with
  • New enemies to fight that are actually creative and interesting
  • New and intelligent mechanics to mix things up
  • An absolute boatload of new lines and chatter that better fleshes out the world.
  • Even more efforts to mix up the game with random events so that now to campaigns are quite the same.

Yeah it used to take 2+ minutes for me to load a mission up and now it starts in second on my toaster.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Maybe they fall off late game but reapers are by far the most useful out of the new classes. There isn't a single mission I played where I didn't want one.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I had a rookie bleed out instead of dying on gate crasher. I must have played the first level dozens of times (hundreds if you count restarting) and that never happened

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a mod that organize saves? It's always a pain trying to figure out what's what

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Sep 6, 2017

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I know it'd probably be overkill but I want a mod that lets you remote start claymores

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Taear posted:

This is a stupid question but I've researched Gremlin MK2 and I can't find where the hell it's gone. I thought I had to do it in the proving grounds?
I have played through before but it's been so loving long that I don't really remember.

Also is the Templar trooper you get not voiced by anyone special? After Denise Crosby, Jonathan Frakes, John De Lancie and Marina Sirstis it feels weird that the Templar is so blank. Where's my TNG voice, Templar?

Templars seems like they got the shaft all around. Not only are they completely ignored on the intro mission, they don't even get a named dude.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man the warlock weapon is disappointing. It’s a strict upgrade so it’s worth using but it doesn’t have a cool extra effect that makes a soldier better at his class like the other ones.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I wish the game let you see the detail for equipment in the legacy missions. There's so much stuff I never bothered with like gas grenades.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a mod that adds a unique cannon, drone, and grenade launcher? It sucks that the chosen equipment leaves so many gaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

man templars are way way worse without parry.