Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

This should never happen anymore since people who don't want to support don't have to queue as it buuuuuut

ugh "fill" got me suport again thanks ribot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

im curious how well sol will be able to proxy and whether he'll have enough bad matchups to even want to

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Diana's similar, she mostly wants to melee scrap but has trouble picking fights until 6 when her kill pressure suddenly goes from 0 to 100. She has only one ranged ability before then but thankfully it's a really good one with a massive combined AoE between the crescent and endpoint.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

That makes me wonder, could ~tank Diana~ work for similar reasons? Killing a Goldfish LLC will investigate this new claim

I've tried tanky-CDR-capped and it was pretty fun. It was surprising how much damage she can put out with just a Wit's End, heh

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah, people talk about "oh that dude one-shotted me" but I think the term is thrown around really loosely. A fed AP cho can legit deal more than half your max HP as true damage.

I think what makes him survive with his ancient kit is definitely the silence, it's very hard to dodge, has a very respectable duration, and not only disrupts burst combos but prevents anyone from dashing or blinking away from his flash ult finisher.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

For some reason 2!! keeps popping up over Mordekaiser in this replay. Is there a literal visual on screen indicator for his Q or something?

from what I've heard it was put in while they were debugging his remake and they've been too lazy to take it out

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

It's kinda funny to dumpster toplaners with ice baragges for a while but that only lasts for so long before you fall off a cliff and stay there

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

flash is a positioning training wheel everyone assumes they'll have access to and cho can just scream it down the toilet for up to 2.5 seconds if he's in range for the nanosecond he presses the button

cho owns

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

its better to have a big honking burst on the denting blow proc than more denting blow procs you'll inevitably miss out on when ppl escape your melee range

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Chests are literally just ways to get stuff you used to only be able to get with real actual money. It's a Good Thing

ive got a brolaf shard sitting around waiting for me to get the reasonable couple hundred more essence to unlock it. i would never buy that skin with money but getting it for free is great

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

pink wards have immeasurable value if you're ahead because they help you get the information you need to play so that you can not only keep but snowball your lead

they're still really good if you're behind too

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The Mash posted:

Fiora is fine vs Quinn if you Riposte her weird jumpy thing

Quinn will hold on to it until you riposte. Fiora can win fights later on once her Q has a better cooldown and she has a combat ult where Quinn doesn't, but early game is very rough.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Killed By Death posted:

I can understand, in the early draft phase, making a team that might build 2 Zz'rots, but the moment you see Nasus that goes out the window. Did they just not know you could stack from them, or something? It seems like such an obvious problem.

Sometimes when you know you can peel out Nasus in teamfights and when you rotate to stop his split, it doesn't matter if he has like a thousand stacks because he can't reach the people he wants to club for long enough to get two Qs out. So in that case, the pressure would be more valuable than ceding free stacks if you use the zzrot to accomplish objectives elsewhere.

This doesn't seem like it would've been the case in that game, though

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

lucifirius posted:

I started playing Singed (in normals) and it's pretty fun even if I do lose. Splitpush all game and force them to come deal with you while your team hopefully makes picks and grabs objectives. Hard CC is a bitch though while slows are annoying yet are shaken off.

I wish there was an MR item that also gave mana, but there is no such item.

mana items on singed are a trap. corrupting potion and/or one dring will provide all you need and you want the rylais asap so you're significantly safer proxying and have teamfight presence.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

roa isn't a bad item in a vacuum but you can't wait for its power spike before you start pressuring anymore. with rylais or zzrot first you can accomplish a lot more and don't have to sit on advantages or disadvantages to Do Singed Things.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

lucifirius posted:

So Roa into Rylais or the other way around?

try out a rylais + zztop core. if you really feel like your tank keeps running empty remember that you rarely need to keep Q running, small puffs will often do.

this is what i've learned from asking singed mains: start dark seal+refillable, get corrupting pot first back, then rush either rylais or zzrot depending on whether you're in one of the hardmode matchups (i.e. for gnar, olaf, graves, etc. you want to rush zzrot), getting boots when you feel they'll come in handy.

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 24, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

To prevent them from crashing waves into your tower you can either match their sunfire, buy a ZZrot, or buy a tiamat. All of those items are OK on Trundle, but personally I'd get a tiamat and sit on it as it lets you counter the strategy with the least gold investment.

Keep in mind that on Trundle trades that initially look like you lost tend to swing around to a significant advantage as long as you disengage in time, because of Trundle's passive.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

aatrox was a doodle ezreal drew during high school archaeology class

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'd like to have a second champion to play when Volibear gets picked/banned but nothing I've tried has really seemed to click with me. I only play jungle and top and I prefer to play champs that are relatively to really tanky. Udyr feels like a strong choice, but he gets banned in about 85-90% of Bronze/Silver games. Same with Jax and Mundo. Anyone willing to toss out some ideas? Here's my op.gg if you want to look at all the champions I've tried and failed to play.

if you like fast runman bulky champions singed is really fun and has access to strategies nobody else in the entire game can pull off as well as him.

he has a very low skill floor but his knowledge floor on the other hand is pretty high, you will need quite a few games before what he can and can't do really clicks.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

janna is amazing with anyone who relies on power windows as she can protect them when they're in their weak phase and amplify their strength when in their strong phase

and jhin is pretty much the poster boy for power windows

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

please don't kinkshame

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it'd be fine i think if there's a brief delay like trist's rocket jump that can be exploited

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Firebert posted:

It doesn't, his clears are poo poo

clears? psh, those cut into Chime Time

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

please keep his doofy stilt strut tho

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

lucifirius posted:

Since when did Vel'koz have the highest winrate for mid? 53.54%, then Pantheon.

He's relatively unpopular but is deadly in skilled hands. He's contradictory in that he's unsafe and vulnerable but has a combo that decimates engagements if they're too predictable.

In lane, he overpowers most other mages regardless of their ranges and only really has particular trouble with the more unpredictable assassins like Zed and Ekko.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i really like tlords on heimer, as long as you land just a few missiles it's easy, cheap harass with more immediate punch than grasp. It just seems more useful for shoving people off and getting a temporarily empty lane you can hard push

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it's the same idea as Zac, you get a single early damage powerspike item so it's easier to close ganks, then get tanky

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Starting to see some more mobi boots at both my level and pro level. Did swifties get bad somehow?

they were toned down a bit a while back, not in a crippling way but the boots are just about all on par with each other and viable in the right circumstances except maybe berserker greaves, which have been falling behind the curve for a while

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

they're not bad or anything, it's just often hard to justify building dagger into the boots instead of a zeal or recurve bow. they don't really offer anything besides that attack speed where most boots have passives that give them utility justifications.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Libertine posted:

That build was never good and I think Diamondprox was the only one to ever attempt it in a pro game and he got brutally stuffed doing it. The jungle items are so insanely efficient it's really dumb to deviate from completing them first.

the only champ i ever skip jungle item on is shaco because the tiamat is too important for both clears and ganks. even then that's just in regards to order and i end up picking up the warrior's soon after.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

hasnt roa been core on nidalee for a good while

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The Mash posted:

Aurelion Sol is just a big dumb flying Sunfire Cape isn't he. Like, that's all he does. He's a movable Sunfire Cape with ridiculous numbers to compensate. It's like S5 Worlds Mordekaiser where they designed a dumb champion so they cranked the numbers up to 11 to compensate

hes really good at burps too, dont forget

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

is thornmail a good item

its one of the more situational items in the game so how good it is depends on the circumstance you're buying it

but generally you want to have at least 1 source of health before building it or you die before the damage return can really pay off

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

yorick in the jungle is almost entirely for the utility of giving a hard carry an extra time-constrained GA and/or duplicating their autos. you're basically a fraction of a jungler but one that can add that fraction on top of a teammate sometimes.

it's useful on paper but in practice you're better off having a champion with actual presence that can gank for that hard carry and benefit from getting big with them instead of being a black hole that sucks in advantages and converts them to air.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i like taking chogath into zed, he can't juke silence spam and if you time it right rupture is all but guaranteed after he ults. also his ult bypasses maw shields

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

so basically when malz's visions jump the voidlings attack the new target and spawn another voidling each time? so if you nurse visions through a wave you have a temporary army?

Bholder posted:

So what did they actually change on Velkoz? He looks the exact same to me.

they gave his passive AP scaling and if i'm reading it right if it procs off ult it won't stack up again but instead all ult damage on them becomes true

also his Q marker that shows where he fired it only appears for him now which is QOL but will make eyeing its range and dodging it a bit harder

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 19, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

seems like he wouldn't clear the jungle fast enough to keep up, he's got even less damage on his kit than Shen or Leona who generally aren't played in jungle since they clear too slow.

if you stack armor on runes he actually clears pretty well with his passive. it's a little slow but not really much slower than tahm and that didnt stop him

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

similarly i hate janna tornado spam in ARAM cause the width is REALLY hard to eyeball

i used to hate udyr doing udyr things but the last nerf seems to have mitigated a lot of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Etrips posted:

Going to ride the Kayle train until she gets nerfed into oblivion. Currently sporting a 71% win rate this season slowly trying to hit my goal of platinum this season. But in the mean time I need to think of another champion to take over once she gets nerfed. I seem to do better with farm based champions. That being said, what are some other farm based champions? Trynd, Yi...?

Sivir, Singed, Tryndamere, and Gangplank tend to top the CS charts.

• Locked thread