Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What is it with whiny adc's these days - 2 games in a row they're bitching me out for 'KS' when im supporting (carrying) them. Not my fault Naut hits like a truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Oh god send help I just tried Poppy support and now I cant stop. It's too good. I'm bad enough that people at my level don't expect it, their ADC keeps trying to start something, gets shoved into a wall and then can't dash away and gets their face cracked open.

7/2/26 had teammates complaining I was KSing but I CAN'T HELP IT

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I ban Lee instantly, but there's also Camille, syndra and sometimes I ban caitlyn if I'm feeling saucy.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Came across azir in the bot lane with a zyra backing him up. I couldn't even go near my loving caster minions without losing half my hp. Also didn't help that Lee slipped the bans and wouldn't even let me farm under tower

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Crazy Larry posted:

good words about adc problems

Yeah it's a big issue and one of the main reasons I don't ADC much at all. I'd be completely crap at it if I wasn't support so often so I know the lane well - when to fight, when to back away. The biggest annoyance I have is exactly what you mention: the bloody BF sword. Added to this, while it is helpful that Doran's gives lifesteal, if you want to use it to heal up in any meaningful way you're going to have to auto minions which has the undesired effect of pushing your wave too far forward. Compare this to my second favourite role: tanking up top. If you take a beating you've probably got a corrupting potion, or perhaps your kit/passive has some hefty regrowth built in anyway. Failing those, if you're getting your poo poo kicked in and can't farm very well, Bami's will give you HP and lets you pick up much needed CS almost passively. Or if you can't afford that, you can at least get a good chunk of armour for a mere 800g. If it's really not going your way, hell just TP bot and murder the poor ADC trying to scrape up the gold in between jungle ganks.

Unrelated, but despite being a support main I tried Sona for the first time ever, WTF why can a goddamn support do that much damage without landing a skillshot just by pressing Q. Most boring champ ever, but if I ever felt inclined to climb the ladder I'd just spam her all the way through bronze. Doubt I'd get much further than that and I'd probably pick up some bad habits, but holy poo poo. Push buttons, get kills: the champion.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I need to up my support game a bit as I'm very confident with tanks but crap with poke/AP supports. I own Morgana and I'm ok ish with her but die way too often.

Who's a good ranged supp to learn the ropes? Don't say sona, she's boring as gently caress and I can't handle having no peel

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Addamere posted:

Just had a weird match where we were down 5-20 with a 12-1 ahri on the enemy team wrecking all lanes but for some reason they could not siege a tower. They threw one team fight at Baron and we marched it down mid taking all 3 turrets and the nexus in one push and ending the match 31-41. This game is hilarious sometimes.

Sorta similar thing happened to me, we were getting stomped in every lane. Had a team fight at drake where we won 4-1 and they just surrendered immediately afterwards, it was the weirdest poo poo. Our whole team just all typed '????' at the same time, we were confused as hell.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
As someone who plays poppy like 50% of the time I feel like I got off veeeery light. I also had a smile on my face when I saw the Lee sin ult damage dumpstered. Weird that they didn't touch everyone's most hated bush cat, maybe they think the jungle xp nerfs will just sort it out?

Also seems they still haven't noticed how hosed up the hitbox on nauts hook is. Good.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Riots streaming new Warwick ATM. Phone posting so no link for you

Whoever's doing it is very fond of tower diving (but not getting the kill)

el dingo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 10, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Wouldn't Warwick's new E be totally obnoxious for trading in toplane? Self defense buff with some CC at the end to work in a couple of free autos

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm looking forward to my jungler locking in azir - 'done it in practice mode heaps, ez freelo ftw'

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Tales of Woe posted:

so how severe do we think the impact of the jungle exp changes will be? has anyone played on the new patch yet?

Don't play jungle myself but in the one game I played today our Lee sin was running kicking the adcs head off on cooldown, happy as a pig in poo poo he was.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Nonono,

It needs to be a phone based f2p trading card battle game where you acquire cards with money via a time delayed farm mechanic.

Also it's an mmo

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Here's what I hope riot do for supports - give us 3 new pings:

One that says 'OK ADC, you've hosed up your positioning real bad and eaten an easily anticipated thresh hook. You're going to die unless I do something. I'm going to have to give my life as it's better that I go down than you. No, don't turn around and continue fighting, that defeats the point. We don't need 2 deaths here. Seriously, stop, Lee sin is here and once he kicks off my head he's going to waste you under the tower. Its 2v3 why are you going back in? Oh god, support is the worst'.

Another that says 'OK Adc, you're on 30% HP, your summoners are down. Not a good time to fight. I'm just hooking their ADC to chunk off a good portion of their health to set up for the next fight when my cooldowns are ready again. In 20 seconds we can get a kill. No, don't go in, for gods sake don't go ham, it's not the time ah Jesus another double kill for Draven ohgodno'.

The last one can just say 'gently caress me how do you keep eating thresh hooks seriously you can see him spinning his scythe before he does it, also of course he's going to try if theres no creeps blocking, ohmygod stop it already'.

Pretty easy fix IMO thanks rito

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Can't imagine new lb players winning nearly 70%. Help us out man, is it a jungler?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I dunno bout you guys but seeing as I'm in bot lane most of the time I'm banning zyra just about every game.

Don't think I've ever bought equinox thingy but even with the CDR I think I'll still be sticking to fotm, shield is too useful for the 'ahfuck rengar has found my ADC' moments

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The rise of the aggressive mage support has put tanky supports in a pretty iffy spot. Kinda feel like I can't pick one unless I have last pick - if I'm near the start I'm pretty much forced to take a ranged support unless I want to spend the entire laning phase doing nothing but executing cannon minions and peeling when the jungler shows up.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Warwick chat - haven't given him a go yet but wouldn't red warrior be better over cinderhulk? I was thinking tiamat - warrior - hydra - then both spirit visage/DMP whichever you need first

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Is the beta client available for osx? Could try that if you can

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
This is why I hate jungling - you gank all drat day but somehow the lanes are all collapsing and it feels like you're constantly running around putting out fires instead of securing objectives.

Also I'm poo poo at jungling.

Plus yeah cho is fun but how the gently caress can you land a q when everyone can dash these days and a large HP pool doesn't mean poo poo

E: jfc what is that sion support and where is his loving sweeper and sight stone. Did he bitch about not getting top in the lobby?

el dingo fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 1, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Lethality gonna be nerfed into oblivion soon. Saw full lethality poppy top today and it was disgusting, we all know how riot feels about people finding other uses for their fixes

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I tried him for the first time today too, I very much enjoy abandoning my ADC and ignoring my team while I make pretty sounds collecting chimes. He's super chill

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ragequitters need to be smacked on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. Our varus was having a bad time in bot and raging at his support. He then quit at lvl 7, despite our udyr rampaging around the map, our mid going even and me having riven too scared to go near creeps up top. I'd just taken the tower and was ready to either roam around murdering or continue pressuring the next tower but no - his lane was going badly so he had to quit and ruin it for everyone

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Sexpansion posted:

Illaoi was Gangplank's first love.

Mount Shurima is super remote and only accessible to the most determined of seekers. Or something

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Nazzadan posted:

Did you know: Nautilus's /joke makes him swim through the air. Hes weird like that.

This poo poo right here is how I know you don't play Naut

Or read the loading tips much

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Leona's shield is something something mount targon something

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Twisted Fate

Apparently I'm an alcoholic and a cheat so that's nice

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Did 2 rage quit or did they just get dunked on so hard they have no levels?

Also I like eves name

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/02/dev-on-the-champs-of-2016/

ya riot the problem with Camille is that her numbers need fiddling with a bit more

nothing to do with an overloaded kit no siree

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I do actually agree, it was an interesting read. Particularly the part about jihns damage, it sounds like they want to drop it a little bit - wonder if that means a straight nerf to his stats or if they will look at the damage on his abilities

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Stevefin posted:

After getting my account from what can be transferring hell, what should I know and change in my runes and masteries. I last played when Jinx was new

I'm often in a similar situation, I take large chunks of time away from league. I just use champion.gg and go from there really.

Also my NA account was recently recovered (made it in NZ before regions were introduced) and its got some whack runes. My ADC page has attack speed, my tank book has like +150 HP. Think I was playing a lot of shen at the time when his passive scaled off HP.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I was never good at this game.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Off meta can work pretty well if you're a scrub like me and play bads. Today our ADC accidentally locked in akali without paying attention. Support picked veigar. They chilled until 6, then wrecked face, we won pretty handily.

Sometimes people just lose their poo poo when something unfamiliar pops up

el dingo fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 26, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Chris de Sperg posted:

well have you considered getting good

Is that where I've been going wrong all this time

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Neurolimal posted:

Tips of the Trade: Instead of choosing "Lose", consider trying "Win"

Hah gently caress off friendo, next you'll be telling me nonsense like 'don't feed' :jerkbag:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

LeJackal posted:

The heck is your problem with me, anyway?

I don't trust people who's usernames are some foreign version of 'the'[animal name]

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Zyra free this week so I finally caved in to give her a try.

Welp, if I ever try ranked again I know who I'm choosing every match. My jihn got blitz hooked lvl 2 and I got fb on blitz somehow? The lane snowballed from there

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Nazzadan posted:

Didn't the top half of the LAN ladder get nuked recently by Riot for scripting or being from different regions?

Asking cause I genuinely don't know, I've just heard it more than once.

Wasn't it OCE for boosting/account sharing, among other things?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Tired Moritz posted:

guys, what do you guys do when you have a team that keeps chasing after the enemy and getting caught out? I tried pinging but they would keep doing it. :(

It happened to me yesterday, we were winning easily but stupid poo poo and then we lost at like 50 minutes.

What I do is shrug and move on, can't control team mates unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Camel Camus posted:

I will say I kinda wish he stayed banned just so there was precedent to ban support lux players (may they rot in hell.)

I love lux support, purely because I've never had one on my team.

• Locked thread