Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Just expect a 1vs2 and go defensively. I don't know much of the current state of LoL but I assume there's still healing potions, Teleport is still a summoner spell and defensive masteries still exist (and the AI not having been improved much). It's probably a better form of practice than going 1vs1 and it shouldn't stop you from finishing the game in 20+ minutes and hitting the XP/time sweet spot (if you just care about leveling your account).

Playing solo top in bot games is how I learned how to freeze the lane. I was also thankful for every person who learned to jungle in vs AI games instead of doing a crash course in normals, so I didn't even give a poo poo if they donated their blue buff to the red camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

el dingo posted:

Alternatively, get miss fortune and never learn conventional last hitting, pick up really bad habits.

AKA Draven's old passive syndrome
Well, actually that one was not that bad if you were running arpen runes like a real tryhard pro.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 29, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

e: in hindsight this opinion may be based completely on the junk they play between matches on OGN

And there ain't no going back
THEY'LL NEVER CATCH ME

Nothing like starting a pro StarCraft II match with some Nickleback.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gortarius posted:

Is there ever going to be Crucified Zilean skin?

He already sort of looks like he is nailed to that clock.

Might as well go for another anime reference.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

Small brain: why is that champion back
Normal brain: Riot buffed that champ so it's back
Expanding brain: the meta shifted back into that champion's favor
Galactic brain: the metagame is a social phenomenon based as much on information cascades and copying what becomes popular regardless of whether it was popular for any reason more sensible than a certain film genre becoming more popular for a certain season, because players are imperfect actors and don't have access to enough data to make truly objective decisions, and will certainly never have the intrinsic analytic capabilities to do so

Universal brain: Oh, Faker played it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The champions might be changed, but you still own the champion afterwards. Runes are going away.

I think Luna made a good point.

quote:

Runes weren't an optional thing, they were required. It's insane to act like you didn't have to buy them. The amount of ip that champions cost and runes cost were directly competitive to ensure you had to prioritize one over the other.

For years we've all been making GBS threads on how terrible runes are and that we had to put up with it. Is that it weird we want a little more in return now that it's going away AFTER we invested in that garbage?

There's a great opportunity to welcome back old players back to the game, people from back when shards weren't even a thing. But you when say 20-25% that doesn't feel very encouraging to re-install and see how much fancy new funbucks you got (and what you can spent it on).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

iSurrender posted:

Luna, do you also get angry when games you bought at full price go on sale?

This analogy doesn't really work for runes, you know.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

iSurrender posted:

A very convincing argument there.

I didn't think it was worthwhile to spend more time on that comment than you spend coming up with the analogy. Because it wasn't a good analogy. At all.

Edit: Getting free poo poo is nice, getting more free poo poo somewhat dependent on what you invested in the game is even nicer. Just look at the HotS 2.0 release. It's still MOBA #3, but that game got a significant shot in the arm with that update (even though their new unlockable system is a confusing freemium-style mess).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 3, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

njsykora posted:

I'd argue over HotS being the #3 MOBA, it's probably #4 behind Smite.

I'd give HotS the advantage based on a bigger Twitch presence and having a permanently visible spot within the Battle.net launcher (despite Smite having a superior business model from a consumer perspective). It's definitely between those two though.

What would be the final game in the MOBA top 5 though? The first Dota?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 3, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Yeah I'm kinda sad HOTS is doing kinda stinky compared to Blizzard's lineup. It's as relaxing as a Moba can get. Though I guess people who generally dig mobas aren't into relaxing. Double edged sword? I don't know. Also their art team kinda feels like the B team if you know what I mean. Lucio looks kinda off and he moves a bit funny.

All the Overwatch characters look a bit off since they're all downgraded models with far less facial animation. It's a bit like going from a real human being to a Madame Tussaud wax statue. You recognize who it is, but there is just a whole lot missing from the real deal.

As for HotS, I think it mainly appeals to people who could never get into LoL/Dota or played those games and got burned out on them. It's a more casual MOBA for a more casual audience. I'd make a comment about "people who don't want to read patch notes" but we all know those people exist for every game.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Electrical Fire posted:

LOL if you don't have Grey Warwick and Medieval Twitch from gaming the old referral system.

LOL if you didn't pay a shady site 50 bucks to game the system for you
(remember when that was a thing?)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

more like suckubus, amirite

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

What does any of that mean

That is the creator of Taliyah. CertainlyT is the creator of Thresh, Yasuo and Kalista.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It takes effort to move like that in heels.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I always liked Disruptor, the Stormcrafter's kit.

Edit: Venomancer's name is Lesale Deathbringer, wth

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 26, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Volibear only exists because a Rioter said "There will never be a bear champ in League of Legends" so someone made one in spite

And they half-assed it by stealing the design from a young adult fantasy series. And then they went full half-rear end with his kit.

Edit:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rubick when?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Somebody at Riot loved the Trolls movie

Teikanmi posted:

is anyone watching this loving horrible league of legends "concert"

Don't hate on the music, bro. They had Nami's theme leading into the Elementalist Lux theme, that poo poo's divine.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187263518?t=55m35s for those who want to catch up

Edit: Wow, they even brought back The Crystal Method.
Edit2: And Jorn Lande, although it's a bit painful to see him doing that Imagine Dragons song...

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 3, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

40 posts per page, so two more.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'm tempted to reinstall LoL to see how much blue essence I got, but I think I would become horrible depressed at the amount of unspent RP instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

Why would this be depressing?

I don't see myself actually coming back to the game. I'm at a point where a long laning phase bores the hell out of me (and this is coming from someone who used to play top-lane frequently). All that RP will be funbucks that shall never provide fun.

• Locked thread