Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Killed By Death posted:

Trundle can't 1v1 Darius but should never die barring some outplay, has better gank assistance (not that ganking Darius is hard), and is much more relevant late game. He's a tank that you can play into a character that is designed to poo poo on tanks.

If neither champ has a good hard CC, ganking darius can be really annoying if he has phage. If he gets a gap and you can't close it, you are just going to eat Qs and watch him run circles around you with the buff + never kill him through his heal. Trundles pillar if used well is excellent against darius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

The Shortest Path posted:

Nah he's second place to Vi

Also I'm slightly disappointed that the new character is just a generic earthbender from Avatar. They didn't even make her blind or a badass.

E: The anime robot skins continue to be great

That woukd literally make her toph.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
New herald looks completely hosed. Losing 1 fight when the enemy junglers nearby top or mid means you don't get to do stuff for 20 minutes with 0 counterplay?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So what do you build on velkoz now?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Who is the viking midlane? We got Olaf/Darius/Sej/Tryn in our viking team already

E: We have changed to Viking Tryn/middle/Beast Hunter Draven/Braum/Sej. Still need a mid

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 8, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
A good man you might say

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rabidsquid posted:

I want to live in the magic elo where there's good supports and bad ADCs

rabidsquid posted:

If you have bad teammates I have some bad news for you :kiddo:

Compared to my own skill, when I've played support in ranked there have been some loving horrid ADCs that must never play it, some that were on par with me, and 0 that I would say were better because they all hosed up majorly in some way or another (including me, my fall down is early farm). Occasionally you'd see an adc main on Vayne or something but they are an ADC main in Silver/Gold elo, 100% they go for 1vX outplays and die. I'd consider myself on par with them because #1 I don't do that #2 They are getting matched with me #3 if they were as good as they think they wouldn't be here.

I kinda pride myself on my ability to not die as an adc but I know I play too safe, which is why I like Jhin. I got a 3v5 penta on him by standing way back behind my 2 team mates and ulting, then cleaning up with 4th shot crits and q bounces.

I suck at top and mid so I never play those, and I'll never have too because it's top and mid that I won't play. But people who get put into their off roles are going to be very bad at them compared to the skill level of their elo, so yes, bad team mates exist without the smug poo poo.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 13, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo a Bear in the Big Blue House reference made it into an official riot video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XrL_F6tnT4

Voli/Diana/Twitch skin combo any time now.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kashuno posted:

Yeah that was uh...interesting. I think Phreak forgot their target audience

edit: They should really just make that song play in the post game lobby of every game

That show is criminally underrated in America compared to how popular it was here. I see 90s stuff online, I see nothing I actually remember except Rugrats and the Bear. :australia:

E: If you aint chomping dudes as Voli and singing that song, you playing league wrong.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 18, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

flyingkiwi posted:

I thought about it a while ago and I think I'm pretty good at league, but there are people who beat me every game at a higher rank, and people who beat them and people who beat them and people who beat them and then at the top of OCE are our "pros" who can't beat any pros from any Western region, and those pros can't beat any Koreans and those Koreans can't beat SKT. And I think I'm good

You are a plat player right? There are orders of magnitude more players who are worse than you than players who are better.

If you are a top 10% runner worldwide, you are fast and good at running even though Usain Bolt is quicker jogging.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

BigLeafyTree posted:

I think that as you get good at almost anything, you understand more HOW you can be good at it. Your ability to see to see things it's even possible to be good at increases. The newest players will see being good as 'can kill mans' and maaaybe 'can last hit'. Then you get better and see more things to be good at that never even enter the mind of a new player like trading, wave management, vision control, leveraging a lead, etc. If you see all those things it's possible to be good at you can see when you have a lot of room to improve so you have plat, diamond, and challenger players saying they're bad with maybe only a bit of hyperbole from their point of view.

Also being way better than the average when the average sucks dick feels less impressive than being in the top 20% of the population would make it sound. I'm probably in the top 20% of runners in North America or something just for being very vaguely in shape and having been active years ago.

If you take the population of active runners in America and you are in the top 10% of that then you are an objectively good runner. People who do not run are not runners.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Riot need to release the lore in bite sized pieces, not drop a novel every few months.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNvFmZlQfJI

Graves used to be so balanced

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Is aurelion jungle really a thing or have i been tricked by champion.gg

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

it's a thing. he has decent clears for basically free due to his passive, good ganks, and gets around the map fast which is fantastic for jungle control but he's pretty easy for the enemy jungler to duel if they catch him and isn't good at killing dragon/baron. some people don't take smite on him because of his free clears but those people are dumb because not having smite during baron fights sucks. i'd say he's a decent niche pick if you want to be a gank machine but don't pick him against an invade focused jungler and don't pick him if your team needs objective control.
How do you do his clear properly cause I got my rear end kicked

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
man lets see if league is good now

https://lolstatic-a.akamaihd.net/fr.../scry-plant.mp4

seeya next year

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Teikanmi posted:

lol you a bitch

thats a garbage rear end idea

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Teikanmi posted:

Yeah but saying they're going to completely ruin the game is even loving stupider

thats not what i said you dolt

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Can anyone drop some Hot Ivern Tips

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Vermain posted:

Just on a general note: CGI's getting real loving good these days.

Needs to go back to the days of gratuitous katarina titty physics imo

Keen to play elementalist taytay tho

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 29, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
a bad support will stop you carrying the game but will still let you farm up under tower b/c you barely need them for that

a bad adc with a good support is going to make the support want to alt f4.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Neurolimal posted:

If you look at the youtubers that make Dope Play Videos they almost always have a friend or partnef playing support so they can be assured they get rescued from risky plays

Leahbee was pretty much crucial to Videogamedunkey's league vids, he was a good player but having a support NSYNC with him made him godly

basically what im saying is, dont solo queue, duo with a support friend/find a buddy that doesnt squander supports and crush all the players without dedicated supports enabling their dives

I dont think leah played ranked with dunkey, his videos are from 5 man normals. Dude just played a poo poo tonne of league to the point he had a meltdown and took the highlights.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Cis Lord posted:

I absolutely supported Trump, but him winning only got hilarious when the salt started flowing.

You're acting proud about this but you really shouldnt.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Vi owns

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

I have no idea what this game was but i did that and still only got an S

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
what happens if you vi ult of the camille ult?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SaffronKit posted:

you can't. Nothing gets the target out of camille ult.

there is of course going to be some sort of edgecase or bug that lets someone escape but makes them unable to flash for the rest of the game.

so it just doesn't cast? or do you start flying to the target and just stop at the edge?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
30s till minions spawn and idk what abilities to take on poppy support, help tia

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 12, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Does support poppy max E or Q cause both seem good

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is champion.gg still the hotness for geting builds or?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sexpansion posted:

I prefer op.gg or lolalytics.com but champion.gg is also ok. Basically they all use slightly different algorithms and I wouldn't trust any of them beyond the basics (and sometimes not even that).

what do you trust then

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Is singed bugged? I just played a game where I lost super incredibly hard because poison would turn itself off all the time.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
what junglers are good now because my go toos feel really bad

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Damage junglers. Kayn seems good.
Hecarim is good. Udyr is permabanned status for me at least.

Builds?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is udyr good now

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Mikujin posted:

Yes. He was good prior to the big rune shakedown due to changes to his kit (base AD buff, slight tune up on tiger scaling) and the buff to Sterakk's (which pairs well with Triforce, and item you want to get). Press the Attack makes him a very lethal threat as well, since +16% damage on your fast autos and Tiger DoT (plus friends' damage) is a truckload.

Tempo is REALLY fun on him, but it's impractical and you probably won't really get lots of mileage out of it since Udyr already maims targets in a short enough window that by the time Tempo turns on they're either dead, locked down and soon to be dead, or have popped summoners/peeled you off.

whats your skill order

E: and second tree

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Killed By Death posted:

Q > E=> W > R

Sorcery (Celerity/Gathering Storm) or Domination (Cheap Shot/Relentless Hunter) second

Mikujin's recent post history in this thread has more Udyr stuff in it

Sweet

• Locked thread