Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

More support questions

1. Why is Thresh only at a 48% win rate? I thought he was supposed to be good.

2. What are the advantages to Alistar or Braum over Nautilus?

3. Blitzcrank over Nautilus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

People itt love to just post "bronze are bad i am so much better :smug:" and you are stopping them doing that dude

I am bronze as gently caress and have never claimed otherwise.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Starting a game where my top is shaco and my mid is ez.... the other team has a real comp. wish me luck

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I would play Yorick if that was a skin. I don't even know what he does or what lane he is. I would play the gently caress out of crazy cat lady

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I regret clicking this

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Daemonlasher posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsgXYneolY

Champ is pretty horrible though to be honest, all of her power comes from fighting around her tentacles and once people realize that she loses all her fighting capabilities outside of a massive ult. With no tricks to avoid/soak up CC she gets kited super easily.

Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in free coaching / replay reviews? I'm starting up streaming again and setting a more relaxed schedule so I don't feel burnt out, going to do something called teacher Tuesdays/ and maybe thursday, looking to probably stream 3 times a week for now until I get into the groove of things (also school keeps me busy). On Tuesdays I can spend something like 2-3 hours doing 1 to 1 coaching and then spend an hour or so teaching general concepts for everyone else in the stream. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to shoot! For people interested, I can cover any role except jungle up to Diamond, jungle is the only role I really don't play (I mean I can try, it just probably won't be as useful as an actual jungler teaching you.)

I'd also be interested in hanging out with you and getting some coaching if you know anything about support.

In other news, I'm 7-0 with Morgana support now. I have climbed out of the hell that is Bronze 5 into the hell that is Bronze 4, and even won a game in B4 so I have a bit of wiggle room now. Seriously guys, PLAY MORGANA BEFORE SHE GETS NERFED. Get Frostfang first back, sightstone, zonhyas, swiftys, zzrot, frozenheart/locket and just win. I win by zzrot most of the time.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Daemonlasher posted:

Morg is freelo all the way up in Diamond too. Can play her into match ups like Zed mid and neuter the opponents laning phase while providing excellent utility in team fights. Champion farms exceptionally well, has a very safe laning pattern and punishes aggression while she's able to take the occasional pot shot when it's safe to do so.

I usually fill to make my queue times bearable, so I play a fair amount (a lot) of support. It's a little different at your mmr because often your ADC is so poo poo you need to take things into your own hands but that play style is not always fitting when playing against competent opponents. Will gladly give you some coaching though ^^

I'm pretty aggressive early to get those q-w so my ADC can get kills. I really need advice on when/where to ward. I try to ward river and their bottom jungle exits early and later I try to ward whatever jungle I think they're gonna come from. Top if we're pushing top and bot if we're pushing bot. My biggest problem is I have no idea how to play from behind, and I tilt really easily when I get behind and get hyper aggressive to make up for being behind and fall further behind.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

At least you haven't had to dodge ADC Yi, ADC Quinn, and Top Ahri

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

So I'm on a 10 game win streak in ranked. There is no way this doesn't come crashing down hard as hell soon right?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

or hell, remind him that one of my most recent games with bard was an utter shitstomp on a morg bot

kallista didn't carry, so i did

not like i could actually feed his potato rear end kills, wouldn't engage worth a drat

Why.... why does Morg have so few items with 7k gold?

Hell, why did a Morg lose to a bard period? You just take E second and laugh at him early and don't be near your teammates once he hits 6 and he's significantly hampered. You also need to keep some extra wards down in your jungle because of portal jungler ganks.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I feel like he's going to be another high skill cap champion like Jhin where you need 100 games or to be a pro to not feed

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Methanar posted:

Bard is the only support worth playing

That's a weird way to spell Morgana

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I feel like you literally just build him as a tank and sit in the teamfight letting your passive hit people

I wonder if your stars will rotate or if your w will work while Zhyonas is up

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Oh poo poo, guys.

Silversquid is gonna be capped at 50 permanent members now.

That's really loving dumb

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I've been too tired the past couple of days to played ranked so I've been messing around top in norms. I gotta say it's not an easy lane. It's easy enough to not lose unless their jungler catches you out but actually winning is hard. I've messed around with Akali and done pretty well, and tried Kayle last night and got wrecked by a Nasus.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

11 wins in a row in ranked. 10 Morgana and 1 Lux when Morg got picked from under me. I can't believe I've been so lucky.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

This is amazing.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

morgana is the anti-contested pick. rarely does anyone care that a morgana has been picked or banned unless she is somehow the best support (she's not). it's the same for lux, who has the highest mid winrate, for some goddamn reason, probably because they aren't mobile or super flashy.

I meant lucky in that I've been winning. I checked out some of the challenger supports and Morgana is hardly played, yet she just feels so strong. An early Q can get first blood, W with Spellthief/frostfang/FCS is insane, the shield is a direct counter to tons of poo poo. Like, her entire kit is just amazing.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Methanar posted:

I miss when you were able to set up rune pages during champ select.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah it's hilarious. It's occasionally frustrating if you actually want your team to do something that makes sense, but if you can accept that they won't, then it's great.

e: Actually there's literally only one thing that bothers me about bronze, and it's the fact that no one buys pink wards. I often keep yellow trinket in bronze games just for the extra wards. Even the supports don't buy pink wards. I can't tell you how many games I've played where I'm literally the only person who buys a pink ward. And I mostly play mid lane.

After you guys screamed their virtues at me for almost a whole page I now purchase between 2-5 on average. I even buy 1-2 when I top or mid. Hell, in some games I keep one on me constantly. Those games are any game with Twitch, Shaco, Akali or any other sneaky gently caress.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

My goal is to climb to silver by myself this season, but towards the end I'm def gonna buy a boost to gold5 for the rewards.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Is club silversquid up because if so please add pranksinthehood to it

Kashuno posted:

I'll make it if it hasn't been set up yet, if that's cool

Please add Arrgy

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I played a few Graves games in ND to get the feel for him, then took him into ranked and went 17-1. He's pretty drat strong still.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Pool Party Graves is the best skin in the game.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Coca Koala posted:

When you lose a game of League of Legends, you have two options:

1) You can say "poo poo, here are the places where I hosed up, if I had played better at those situations then probably the game would have been winnable"

c) You can say "My team was full of feeders, they're too heavy and I can't carry them."

What benefit do you get out of option C? You can't control your teammates. Even if you run with four other people every game, sometimes your teammates are just gonna feed.

If you take every game that you lose and look for moments where you misplayed, you'll be making the wrong choice far less often than if you blame your teammates and you'll improve a lot faster.

How are the options 1 and C and not like A/B or 1/2? This tilts me more than I would expect.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I played Poppy top for the first time and absolutely dominated a Fiora early game.I was useful all the way into the late game too. Not as fun as Graves, but a hell of a strong pick.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

poppy is really good right now in low elos where people don't understand the concept of not standing near walls

I got some good stuns but I missed a TON where I saw chances but didn't get the angle right. I also saved an enemy once by hitting from the wrong direction. I need to work on eyeballing the range better too. There were cases where I would hit them but not knock them back far enough.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I wasn't a believer in pink wards until this very thread screamed at me for a whole page. Now I buy them as every role! I'm still not very good about remembering to replace them when they did or keeping one up at all times, especially late them when i tend to be roaming all over the map. With that said though even buying just a few pinks helps immensely.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Did they just kill 'Nid jungle?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

https://www.livecap.tv/t/meteos/uKMx3SytKuD

AS looks like a fun having champion.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I'm so glad I gave into Graves. He's amazing. I can queue top/bot/jg, though jg is by far my worst lane. I've really only lost when I get allined early or can't carry my team. Which, I had quite the losing streak involving both over the past week.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I want to know each and every person who says Morgana is bad so that I may fight them with my fists

not empty quoting

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How the hell can I reliably get top? I've always qued top/bot and mostly gotten top but like 4 of my last 5 have been bot and it's bullshit.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I've noticed that all of my freaking out about climbing is for nothing. Over enough games I've started to notice I'm a winning player. Those ~20 losses in a row get offset by 20 wins in a row. It's a pretty good feeling.

Now the question is can I stay a winning play if I pick not-Graves

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I even put my frozen waffles in the oven

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I've been queueing as top/mid to increase the rate I get top and finally got mid. Talon is really fun. I was able to just jump in an nuke someone, even a poppy once when I misclicked. Any tips for his early game?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How hard is Fizz or Ahri to learn? I just want options when I get stuck with mid

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

It's a good thing I learned Poppy top after Naut got nerfed.
Now taking suggestions on a backup to Graves.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

it sounds like you need some graves in your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

When the gently caress are they going to dumpster graves

never i hope I like actually winning games

• Locked thread