Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
The most underwhelming of shoppes right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

RealFoxy posted:

"We fixed dynamic queue"

hey choco, wanna play a couple games? We should get you outta bronze before I get to G5 and we can't duo anymore imo

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

seizure later posted:

Jhin being unaffected by attack speed slowing effects is probably a bigger deal than intended

If his AS was directly affected by attack speed slows even frozen heart would affect him like Nasus' maxed out Wither. Not losing AD% makes some sense but it'd also suck so I understand Riot just deciding AS slows didn't work.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

Why is Pantheon top so high winrate again? Did something happen? I thought he was the quintessential "stomp lane lose game" kinda champ where his kit is amazing for lane but kinda ok for later fights

Not to mention there's a bunch of other toplaners like Malphite that are popular again that don't give a poo poo about going up against him I think?

Games end faster and ghostblade is obscenely broken these days when every team is squishy. He oneshots people with it if he rushes it.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Servaetes posted:

He is an excellent bully in lane, has ranged harass that isn't some conditional bullshit, etc etc.

He's been great toplane in solo queue because he shits on most opponents early and can translate that into ganks bot or mid and objectives, and despite "falling off a cliff" a pantheon several items in will kill priority targets like adcs and mages with ease

Hey Serv, on a scale from 1 to 10, how bullshit is pantheon gonna be when the new duskblade item drops? It seems realllllllllllllllly good on him.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Chumppell posted:

So at level 6, you do approximately 44 damage every 3rd hit which is cool! But relies on you always being on top of the opponent. You will be buying devourer so that number isn't increasing until you go into BotRK or Rageblade. It is pretty much equivalent to the damage you're getting out of maxing E first once you hit level 5-6~. The heal scaling is for getting a single point in it and is bonus AD based so... whatever.

Talking about it in terms of jungle clear is neat but his charge is also AoE for camps so it's not as effective until level 5, and the three talon strike CDR is probably going to be causing your charge to do more DPS to camps (in an AOE no less) until level 7.

W is broken because why do you want to give this dude a mini-crit going into late-game jesus.

you never E camps on xin unless you're backing cause your mana pool can't take it. You use QW and that is it. Don't be silly now.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

el dingo posted:

Yeah the main reason I play support/jungle is a flat out refusal to learn how to play League of Legends, the only game I play.

But seriously now, I play with a bunch of supports and all of them are more or less proficient at playing mages and midlaners. The most aggro ones are especially good at that, even. I can't even imagine a support that just can't handle a solo lane existing outside silver and bronze.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Bard?????????

Unless you mean players. It's early.

I did mean players. And what I meant is that if you want to play 'carry' supports and lead your team of shitters to victory, you better be capable of playing mid or AP top at a proficient level or you loving suck at your goal and are wasting the support slot, because carry sups only work by outperforming the opposing botlan enough to generate gold leads. The transferral rate between mid and sup has gotta be like 90% or so, because the only thing that is unique to mid is getting CS. In purely anecdotal terms, all the good aggro supports I've played with (who can play poo poo like annie, velkoz, zyra with proficiency) could also mid either well enough for their tier or just as well as they supported. If you can't do at least that, you should probably stick to the more passive supports to learn the role or abandon it entirely to :gitgud: at full time midding or topping.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Methanar posted:

What's better on Jhin? Arpen or flat AD?

At first I thought arpen because me doing an extra 5% damage on my 1k crits sounds better than having an extra 10 AD. But after that AD gets run through his crazy modifiers and then doubled again for the crit it might be better?

I've been using arpen with reasonable success.

Damage so your laning isn't complete loving rear end. You run full AD marks and quints on him.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Firebert posted:

I'm not sure if the Alistar change is good or bad. For balancing's sake it's good that the combo is more or less guaranteed across all elo/latencies. It's kinda bad though because making it work consistently removes pretty much the only mechanically interesting aspect of the champion.

Champions don't need to be mechanically interesting to be good. Ali's big thing has always been having perfect teamfight vision to know if your engage will lead to a favorable ace or not. A ping gate was not particularly valuable on him.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Tyty posted:

This elo is pretty funny when you win, but I wanna go back to silver. Mostly because I was put in a league with a dumb name.

I'm in Nautilus' Infiltrators.

How the gently caress is Nautilus sneaky enough to have any infiltrators.

It makes a scary amount of sense for bronze if you think about it. Who else would think Nautilus would want infiltrators?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

Is Twisted Dark Fencer too deep a cut? Fioras in Paris? I don't think there's enough to work with here

Why is Jayce's winrate so low? He seems a little limited, but really strong

He's a tear champ in a meta where games can legit end before you can even surrender. Short game times hurt him.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

The Mash posted:

Speaking of, does anyone have the original Malzahar/Kassadin/Voidwagon post stored somewhere?

quote:

I can see it now DADDYYY I'M GOING TO THE FOOTBALL GAME! NO Syndra I told you I don't
want you seeing that Malzahar boy anymore he's a bad influence! and she starts crying and
all and tries to run out the door so Kassadin riftwalks down the stairs and silences her
cell phone and just then Malzahar rolls up in his sweet voidwagon HEY BABY LET'S GO and that
night he nether grasps her null zone after the game at the overlook parking lot

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Azzents posted:

Xin really deserved and needed his buff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIPGHL7ZZI

All the excuse anybody needs to buff xin zhao.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Rush W. E max just adds damage, it's the last skill now. WQEWWRWQWQRQQQEEREE is the best order to follow.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Yeah why would you take that and not Warlord's considering you'll be building shitloads of crit an AA'ing nonstop?

Because it helps you not be rear end in the earlygame, presumably.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Lovechop posted:

the weirdest thing was when she was first on the pbe and had a super dark tan + looked like a barbie, i'm glad they fixed that

Wait what

Pics? I missed that and never heard of it before.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Bland posted:

While that was pretty drat idiotic too, at least there was the understandable line of reasoning of "Mordekaiser is a bad, pointless champion, let's try and do something with him". Kog was a perfectly fine champion with well defined strengths and weaknesses who was quite fun to play. Then they turned him into this impossible to balance, boring as hell turd because reasons???

Kog had hit the point where he was so broken as AP that he overshadowed his ADC role almost totally. Riot could've nerfed that into the ground but he had major changes coming regardless of what they did for sure.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

It's okay.

This is a cute avvy btw :3:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

blah_blah posted:

I kind of like the part where she gets 43 pounce resets in a row and clears her jungle twice as fast as the opposing jungler.

So long as Nid's Q keeps doing any sort of major poke damage, she'll be a stupid and unfun champion to fight. I wish they would just change Q spear to also be an execute ability like her cougar Q, I would have no issues with her at that point.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Does his w have huge scaling or something? If not I can't see why you would ever build him as a full ap champ as your consistent damage source doesn't scale well

Expanded stars have a 45% AP ratio at level 13 when you're maxing out the ability. Which yeah, it's huge scaling considering you can get multiple ones off in a few seconds.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Hermetic posted:

So they've finally demonstrated that Longhorn Alistar is a straight-up COWboys of Moo Mesa reference?

I mean, I just thought I was reading too much into "Cow-boy! GET IT?!", but he's literally holding the meteor that caused them to transform on the show.

Now I have to start playing him and demand that everyone call me The Dakota Dude.

What meteor? His hands are empty.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Man, Kog'maw is just dumb right now. He does three-item carry level damage with just a rageblade. I literally haven't played him in a year and still carried the game with him, something I could never do with old kog. Being like the only carry who can run Cull effectively without loving himself really helps him a ton with getting going ASAP.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

slydingdoor posted:

Thanks none of you guys for answering the other armor stack reasons, and I forgot one. Now I know some of you Janna mains have never been in this position, but hen you're 5/0, even if you're the support you have a bounty worth 1500 gold, and if one Graves pellet misses instead of hitting when he suicides to kill you, that bounty might be the difference between your enemies completing two BTs on their next back before the next fight. Then those BTs might be the difference between their winning that fight with 4 or with 3, which can make the difference between getting double inhib'd and just single, etc. So it might make some sense to squeeze out every defensive stat you can on your budget when you're against a team of all fed dudes that can kill you before cdr gets you another rotation. It's called the butterfly effect, a popular hypothetical example of chaos theory which illustrates how small initial differences may lead to large unforeseen consequences over time. In conclusion, I'll never jokingly ask plats and jp diamonds or whatever for help when I post a for fun video ever again.

With respect.

How could you have a 1500 gold bounty? It's just 90 gold globally and 300 to your killer...

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Verviticus posted:

if they took away the bounceback on his q he would probably be a balanced champion

Do you mean his R? Because Graves' Q losing its second hit would destroy him.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Safari Disco Lion posted:

My point was that Zed remains the best assassin pusher by quite a bit (Talon is comparable and doesn't use defensive cooldowns to do it, but he has mana limitations), who counters or has strong, relatively safe laning against most mid-lane mages. One full item and he can clear every single wave coming to his tower with W E Q, even after the increased cooldown, it just means he has less killing power by not using the W to harass you. Meanwhile their logic with mana regen is they want sieging, pushing mages to "pay huge costs" for their staying power. Lane sustain as a whole is just getting flipped upside down for mages in every way. I just don't get the logic here.

The logic is that mages being effectively manaless these days because of Morello's and Grail being hyperefficient at giving mana is retarded and that poo poo is going bye-bye outside of your team managing to control both blue buffs, which will be buffed to be stronger. If you want to be effectively manaless, you'll have to opt into a tear and accept a (much) weaker early and midgame in exchange for having infinite poke in the lategame. This is very much a nerf to mage sustain and uptime and if you're getting mad at it, tough. Nobody likes dealing with Ziggs' infinite waveclear, Viktor just erasing waves forever with no consequences, or Vel'koz poking from a 1800 unit range with a Q that costs him nothing at all.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

panda clue posted:

my experience has been that people still seem like assholes, but now everyone feels like they have a gun pointed at their account so they try to be as restrained as possible while still getting their point across

2013: top stop loving feeding you idiot human being

2016: top, could you stop dying so often i would really appreciate it, thanks

Welcome to RL communication protocols, where if you talk poo poo, you get hit. Since people can sock you over the internet, Riot instead kicks you out for them if you're a jackass. It's a vast improvement over the usual bullshit.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Its because you can't buy Flash, so gap closers have to be built into tank kits. Therefore kiting isn't as powerful

Playing Lucian for like three or four seasons straight and now playing Jhin means this post leaves me in tears of laughter. :gitgud:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA

:getin:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

The Missing Link posted:

If she had a passive she'd be unstoppable.

Or like 1.5 Teemos in range.

She has one now. A really good one at that. Plant helllllllllllllll :unsmigghh:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

In reality though, it just constrains Skarner to a certain area in a fight and removing his passive from his kit takes all of either not fighting near it, or capturing it and contesting the objective in the next 15 seconds.

No, it doesn't. Skarner isn't bad when he isn't fighting in a control area, he's cheatmode strong when he IS. There's a very important difference here.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Not sure how any of that invalidates what I said. I never said Skarner was bad, just that his passive is bad in that it's a steroid that in practice will never be exploited assuming the enemy team is not colorblind and can stand on zones before the fight.

The rest of his kit is fine, but just like shen his new minigame blows, no matter how much stats they drop on it.

Because that's not how it works because Skarner should be acting proactively - if you force a dragon, what's the enemy team capable of doing to stop your zone besides getting close enough to get flash-grabbed? It rewards aggressive, proactive play. Saying it doesn't fit Skarner is fine, but nobody should be able to say it's not relevant with a straight face, because it absolutely is. It's a super strong winmore passive.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

You bought captain MF, you dun good. No need for puns when you treat a girl right.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

this is neat. Select a champion, get a playlist made for that champion based on their mood and playstyle. People seemed to like it on reddit so i figured itd be lukewarmly welcomed here

Chose Mordekaiser, got Children of the Grave as my first selection. A++ good site IMO

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

I played with support Shaco today. I'm pretty sure he was more effective than support Lux would've been.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Alris posted:

Apparently top lane ignite/teleport Shaco is the new hot thing.

Of course by new hot thing I mean flaming bag of dog poo poo that exists to ruin games for nine other people.

You could've just removed 'top lane ignite/teleport' and it would still have been perfectly true, y'know.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Aumanor posted:

In today's patch notes' bugfix section:;

"Ivern can no longer be flagged as AFK if he farms the jungle for too long without interacting with anyone else"

I laughed so hard when I saw that. It's such a :riot: thing to have to fix.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

New Banner of Command seems absolutely ridiculous, it'll be core on any tank that chews through mana (Alistar, Malphite, Taric, etc). It's almost as powerful as the banner of fascism being carried by my country

drat, talk about being on fire with the humor. This IS the time when it's most needed, though.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I didn't see anything in the notes about Garen getting black Cleaver on his E???

It's in PBE for patch 6.23. Not in the game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Ehh, I'm not seeing that, that change to voidling spawning will loving murder his waveclear. Seems that Rito is hell-bent on ruining all the champions I play. Next time it'll be a Nasus nerf.

Also, a repeat of the question since it seems to have fallen through: What's the best keystone on Kayle now? Thunderlord's or Deathfire?

Fervor. Deal a shitload of extra damage on Q and E.

• Locked thread