Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
being able to use redemption while dead lol

also there is some new stat called lethality

example; 15 Lethality: Physical damage is increased by ignoring an amount of the target's armor based on the target's level.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New Talon E owns

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The health plants look waaaaay too powerful

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't know where the idea people "solved" the jungle came from within Riot but I think if they look at worlds there is proof that even at the pinnacle of competitive play the jungle hasn't been figured out which means it definitely hasn't by anyone of a lower elo.

e; what's funny is there was even more jungle inference and variety before they got rid of lane swaps

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO every batch of news (except for the Nasus buff, that's some good loving news) makes the next season look worse and worse.

Counterpoint: Ali rework and Talon new E are both amazing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

I am preparing to go to Worlds this weekend and I'm thinking a sign. What should it say, dear friends? I was thinking #BELTBRA

Just print out a large version of this

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
upgrade your trinket and sweep more.

place more wards.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BREAKING NEWS: Very niche champ gets played at Worlds by one of the best supports in the world, does poorly in solo queue. Join us at 11 for "Warding: It's not just for supports anymore!"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So who gains the most and who loses the most from the new single camp jungles?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJodzINBya0

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah apparently you can color swap the skin at will, it looks. loving. sweet.

I hope you can actually own swap outfits when ulting and people will burn ult just to switch elements.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Reading over some of the AMA with the champ update team and came across this

quote:

Rengar had a localized team stealth at one point. Was pretty fun. Will make a cool ability for a less selfish champion in the future.

:stonk:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It has been a long since I played this game. Aatrox is still not good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Re: support chat http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/free-rotation/some-thoughts-support

looks like riot is going to put a bunch of supports in the free rotation and are going to look again into making supports more appealing

e; Especially relevant to ward discussion

quote:

Is Sightstone in the right place as a mandatory 800g first buy? Are there other adjustments to the vision game that would be good both for the experience of playing support and the game in general?

Can't wait to see what crazy shenanigans Riot has in mind for vision next. To be fair trinkets did work out quite well and the removal of green wards wasn't terrible, so I hope it'll be nice

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Would Ivern be good on TT? I feel like the really early and fast denial of wolves to your enemy jungler would be phenomenal but after that Idk if his clear would just be abysmal

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ivern on TT is way better than I gave him credit for. Insta smite enemy wolves for a quick level 2, then just go annoy the enemy jungler while he does wraiths. They have to deal with you getting them low and wraiths only attacking them, so you can usually get them low enough to back before going back to your own jungle and setting up. smite stealing full camps is really strong when junglers already have a hard time keeping up. By the time I hit 6 the enemy rengar was 3 with 7 CS

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is Shyvana about to become stupid good or is this less powerful than I think?

quote:

Furious Reckoning (Passive):
Renamed to "Furious Reckoning" from "Dragonborn".
New Effect:
"Shyvana deals 10% more damage to dragons.
Shyvana gains 5 Armor and Magic Resistance.
Elemental drakes defeated by Shyvana or her allies grant her an additional 5 Armor and Magic Resistance.
Total bonus Armor and Magic Resistance: X"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
E max Nasus owns because it is way more fun than Q stack Nasus and I hope they keep it relevant

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Riot doesn't like the idea of champs with multiple build paths so one will die

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Did that death laser item get into the game and if so is it good at all

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Transient People posted:

Which death laser

Redemption has a death laser but it's a support item (a broken one, mind)

yeah that one I remember seeing it mentioned before but not since I came back to the game. It seems fun

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Plants are fine I guess. There have been times I've used the explosion plant to juke someone and escape with my life over a wall, or knocked them back to create enough distance. The vision plant is fine, it sees stuff and getting the ones in the enemy jungle definitely helps with a bit of vision control. The health one I never see anyone ever use unless they just won a fight and don't want to back. Overall though, they are a lot less fun and strategic than smite bonuses and can honestly just be ignored about 95% of the time except the vision one.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Camille comic

blade feet

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like she's gonna have some terrain based movement ability and that is going to the next "big thing" for riot for the next 3-4 champs including the Warwick rework

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New champ has a terrain based mobility move color me shocked

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What are those hips tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
She's going to be god tier at all levels, nerfed until only the pros can play her well, then dumpstered

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just use a monte quote for the OP there are tons of dumb things you could put

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's weird to me how much people are like "WOW RIOTS LAST 10 CHAMPS OR SO ARE TRASH NO ONE PLAYS" when the last 10 new champs released has

1. Ivern - new champ who is iirc on the upswing? There hasn't been any competitive chance to see him yet so who knows if he will show up at that level (I'm guessing no)
  2. Kled - yeah bad trash garbage
  3. Taliyah - Definitely not as popular as she was; she had a decent showing early on and especially once the dumb design of the lockout for combos was removed. Showed up a good amount in competitive play until Riot repeatedly worked to put her in the dumpster.
  4. Aurelion Sol - I don't know that he ever had a good playrate because his kit is pretty bland in terms of how it looks, even if he is powerful. Showed up quite a bit at the competitive level.
  5. Jhin - Of the newest 10 champs, probably the most popular if not tied with Kindred or Bard. Shows up at all levels of play frequently.
  6. Illaoi - bad bad bad bad bad
  7. Kindred - Another huge pick that showed up at a lot at all levels. Eaten tons of nerfs to fall off, but still seen.
  8. Tahm Kench - Still huge and seen at all levels of play.
  9. Ekko - Had to be nerfed 3128528950 times to get him to stop showing up in literally every game and he still makes appearancees.
  10. Bard - Still huge at all levels of play.

So really there are two major losers on that list that never really got off the ground, with the rest doing just fine. Not every hero has to be a bard or a Jhin to be successful

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Both Taliyah and Ryze ults should've been on supports.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
HotS?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

What's DOTA's particular bullshit? The absolutely worst designs in LoL to me are and have been since the moment they appeared Riven, Zed, Yasuo, and Lee Sin, so as long as it's not anything similar to them I can probably stomach it.

E: Oh, and also Shaco. The perfect game would ideally have no early game gankers at all, but that's probably too much to ask for. Easy to maintain, consistent vision would also be a boon.

Lee Sin is probably the least bullshit league has in it honestly.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If there isn't a gangplank playlist that has Alestorm on it I would never consider it a viable platform.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actual Nautilus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl0ky4DcHA

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I won't get into the minutiae of if he is good or not

quote:

he's... good

:argh:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

How Rude posted:

this is literally untrue because Riot will force you to autofill if you keep queuing up as something different

:thejoke:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cis Lord posted:

I absolutely supported Trump, but him winning only got hilarious when the salt started flowing.

username post combo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Seriously.

Also, I don't have a problem with Yasuo fundamentally and I think windwall is a cool skill that makes a lot of sense in his kit, but I do think his mid-late game status is just a bit too good because he can be hopelessly behind and still be super relevant.

counterpoint: amumu exists and is cool and good super relevant being hopelessly behind late game???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Taciturn Tactician posted:

someone just linked this in champ select before locking kat lmao http://imgur.com/a/JTwRP

Platinium indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Been a while since I played this game who's good

• Locked thread