Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I post too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Jhin looks fun and I look forward to running out of bullets and whiffing my Xerath ult frequently

Yeah I'm actually kind of excited about a new champion what's going on.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This game was a lesson in how not to build end-game Lux and I apologize:

I think there are two obvious mistakes with this build, can you spot them?

My take: Athene's should have been Morellonomicon against all those tanks, and Zhonya's probably should have gotten swapped for LIandry's.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 1, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mottie posted:

The reason we lost that game was because I have no idea how to team fight or deal with tanks diving me properly and the one diana q I ate in 55 minutes deleted me. It was still a good game through
I regret selling my boots for a PD.

Also Garen ultid me for 1000 true damage.
Counterplay!

I made so many big mistakes. I basically died twice for literally no reason, including one Jinx rocket that I easily could have dodged and one braindead moment of walking up to dragon while the enemy team was doing it, again for basically no reason (I thought I was going to steal it or something, which was dumb because we had no vision).

Mottie posted:

Also Garen ultid me for 1000 true damage.
Counterplay!

lol, 60 minute Garen is fun! I did literally no damage to him.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 1, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Your mistake was not getting Ludens echo, a great Lux item for mobility, waveclear and bursting people you catch and that Frostfang and Grail are a either-or thing, you don't take both, if you have maximum gold you can sell frostfang for a 20% CDR mana item, your only real threat on the enemy team is diana and and naut jumping into your face at the same time, you can kite everyone else and both of those could be completely neutralized by getting a banshee which none of them would be able to pop so Naut would never be able to ult you.

I imagine you were a prime target for Naut ulting which gave time for the melee to rush into you while you hourglassed it.

I actually had luden's until the lategame, when I sold it for... void I think? I agree that Athene's + FF is probably too much mana regen. Maybe I should have kept the luden's, too.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

foutre posted:

NRG just beat TSM 19-0 with a Seraphs/RoA/Banner Zilean mid, I think that it's a safe bet you'll see at least a few more Zileans in solo queue.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just me, or does Jhin seem to be born out of what they wanted a sniper like Cait to be? basically trade netshot for bouncing grenade and you have a very similar set of skills and much improved Sniper ult, traps, long range skill shot.

Yeah, it's the good version of a sniper. Also, I think it's so cute that Riot thinks he will be in the bot lane.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Mash posted:

So uh. What keystone do you pick on Jhin. They're all bad.

Warlord's bloodlust, right?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Don't know what the stats look like, but the Rengar nerfs seem pretty big to me. Your early clear is way worse now. The changes to his Q incentivize getting AD but I think bruiser Rengar (a mix of AD and tank but more to the tank side) may be a better build now. Anyways, it's bad.

e:

AD game, pretty painful:

Bruiser game, much better but my lanes also owned so maybe not representative:

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 2, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Honestly you could probably build ZZtop portal and banner on support Katarina and still win a lot of games in silver.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Etrips posted:

What is the standard ADC / AP / Support rune/mastery set up now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaZexfALkY

Long, but basically covers all roles and their standard rune setups for season six.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Just the ultimate CD nerf, but he indirectly got nerfed by all of the juggernaut itemization being so strong and mage itemization changes didn't do anything to help him. He just can't really bully a lot of the dudes dicking around in top lane anymore and he ate a nerf so he's just really far out of the meta.

Not to mention that teamfights around dragon have been completely disincentivized, so his early teamfight power is mostly useless now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't know, I queue up with mid/jungle and it seems to be about 50%.

e: But I haven't been playing ranked.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 3, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

If you don't want to listen to David 'David "Phreak" Turley' Turley' talk for 38 minutes, here is a cheat sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IK22CAcr_MSTASGSr_IMdMqBbPfThdJgks2Yf_S9Gcg/edit#gid=1445615735

Edit: Had an older link in here.

This is very helpful, thanks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I was right, Rengar got bashed:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
We need a shotcaller option for new team select. mid/shotcaller

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

K8.0 posted:

To spice it up even more - gently caress building a jungle item on Udyr.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Gragas is going to be good again

Yeah, he's already a viable competitive pick, I assume this will vault him up to the top of the jungle tier list.

um and Jax is getting a buff? Ok.

Hmmm, also minor Zed nerfs. I don't think it's too bad though.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 4, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Primetime posted:

It's 4% attack speed late game, but actually slows his ramp up so he can't just press Q and get to full pace right away. Probably sets him even end of the day

I like that, his identity as a late game hyper-carry melee is one of the few things that actually distinguishes him in any way.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

Gragas is one of those champs that's either garbage in solo q or 100% pick/ban in competitive, not really sure how they can break the cycle on him though. it sucks since he's a fun champ without any real BS in his kit but has to stay undertuned forever

This seems true. He's such a strong jungler when his numbers aren't garbage since he has basically everything you could want - tanky, mobility, excellent engage AND disengage, etc.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

They'll have to buff him again when SKT Ryze comes out

"mini-rework"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Primetime posted:

What was skarners winrate after the juggernaut patch? It seems like the last few broken champions had lower peak winrates but does had ridiculous ~60% rates in 3 of 5 lanes

Yeah, it was 60% or so.

Gridlocked posted:

Had a rough game that we ended up losing last night where opposing botlane was a Jhin/Vel duo. If you got struck by the Vel ult you could almost guarantee you were about to get Jhin stunned and ulted.

In all fairness though Vel was pretty good and did most of the work.

Velkoz totally shits on anyone who can't dodge skillshots and has really good numbers.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

quote:

Seeker's Armguard
Armor increased to 30 from 25.
Recipe changes - Now Builds out of [Amp. Tome + Cloth Armor + Cloth Armor + 165 gold] from [Cloth Armor + Amp. Tome + 465 gold]

Yes please.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

I don't know that jungle is 2nd most preferred. I'd say mid is the mostly highly, then I'd wager a toss-up between top and ADC.

Somebody looked at all the pick priorities and yes, jungle is actually the 2nd most prioritized role (or was, anyways).

Also, ZZTop portal is really good if just for the stats alone.

I didn't win this match because it was a 4 v 5 for the last twenty minutes or so, but I built it and I'm still impressed with how much it does: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2091686748/38198234

We nearly won this game due to the crazy pushing advantage it gave (although to be honest my team squandered it by getting caught out and by not getting Baron when we should have but w/e)

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 8, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

also the best pro league game ever played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRAoZJolrYI

Thank you for posting this so I didn't have to go find it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Elpato posted:

You're so quick to assume I'm a selfish player. My main supports are Bard and Nami. I'm almost always queued as ______ and support, because I like the role so much. I'm generally a big nuisance/rear end in a top hat to my opponents in the form of poke and CC while never taking CS or trying to "carry" as you put it. However, I decided to take my "be a dick to the enemy lane" one step further and just burn it all down. Lux has been super successful at doing so. I always get at least two support items (such as sightstone and frost queen's), and I never try to dick my carry over. I'm not shy about getting kills when they're uncertain though.

Lux is so good right now, I'm not surprised she can do her job when behind on gold.

I have no problem with playing selfish support mages in low elo soloqueue. Try Brand and Morgana (my favorite) too.

Also, I prefer Eye of the Watchers over Frostqueen's now that it got nerfed, try it out. It's very good.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tonetta posted:

Ive yet to get a queue that lasted less than 15 minutes, maybe its cause I pick top & jungle but god drat

I go mid/jungle and I rarely get more than three :/

But I only play in evenings Eastern time so there's probably a shitload of people playing at that time.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Good to see one of my posts made the OP.

Played my first normal match in three months tonight. Was quality, would queue again.

lol, quality game

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

blah_blah posted:

mid lane Morg

Yeah, this is absolutely correct and pretty good build advice. I tried a game without FQC last night and the utility is still too high, even with the nerfs.

Marvin the force is not bad right now:

This whole game was basically a slow strangling until I hit the point where I could reliably blow up Vayne in about a half second.

e: Also that Ashe that nearly owned us last night was diamond. What a weird mix of player levels in that game.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 9, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Verviticus posted:

who are you playing against as jarvan in lane that doesnt make you want to hate yourself? jax?

That game was Azir. It was not a great lane phase for me but I never got killed and I got some CS, so...

e: actually I did die once when I all-inned Azir at a bad time. Their jungler just happened to be right there. Other than that, it went ok.

Here's the game http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2092730188/38198234

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Verviticus posted:

j4 was my go-to last season because he had basically the most undeniable assassination in the game if you wanted to pop an AD carry but the popular laners now (malphite/tahm/fiora/poppy) all make his life loving miserable. irelia/jax/renekton/shyv of yesteryear were a little more even. also hydra and tiamat loving suck to build as laning items

shen/riven are both pretty miserable as well. havent seen a GP as j4 but i imagine thats not so bad

Yeah, I don't think he's a very good toplaner anymore. He only works as a midlaner in some matchups. I would build yommuu's first (unless you want hexdrinker). So something like yoomu's/hexdrinker/cdr boots/one defensive item (armor or MR + CDR)/infinity edge/triforce or something like that.

You're right that you have to blow people up immediately or it's a useless champion right now.

The new AD assassin item might be good on him next patch.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Chumppell posted:

Oh hey look I'm a massive idiot!

Max W on Xin. I expected him to be strong but jeeeeeesus.

I bet he is a disgusting toplaner right now because of his W changes.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Yeezus is really good, which kind of grosses me out to say, because it's basically 100% Rick Rubin which is obviously gross. But yeah it's really good.

Too bad Fencing School Dropout doesn't fit the character limit.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Armor exists as a stat.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is a cool spreadsheet showing runes/masteries/item builds for a bunch of Korean challenger/master players who main specific champions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19E0fe0f0s5vpNEm032kPn-79kY3KIvsTWeJXi1mDPhs/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

Won't be able to play the new patch until tomorrow but I'm guessing the bans should be xin, talon and zed at the moment? Looks like graves got dumpstered pretty hard, I've barely seen the frog since last patch and rango is poo poo again.

Depends on what elo you're in, but in a vacuum sure those aren't bad bans.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Can't wait for the win % numbers and to see ryze at 30% and talon at 60% like I suspect.

I agree, I think Talon is going to be incredibly good on this patch.

e: pro-tip: talon is better than Zed in the hands of almost every sub-diamond player and maybe even better at the highest elos. I'm not sure why he's not picked more often as it is, but duskblade will put him over the edge.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 10, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/retiring-dominion

quote:

We’re permanently disabling Dominion and removing the Crystal Scar from custom games on Monday, February 22..

Radiantweasel posted:

Alright goons, what would you suggest for a build and skill order for Xin if I was to try and play him in lane? Triforce, Duskblade, rageblade, and maw all seem really good but I feel like there needs to be an AS and maybe tanky item in there somewhere early.

I don't think you need duskblade. I would say triforce + rageblade + tank is what you want, but maybe I'm discounting the strength of the new item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
They already made an AD item for assassin's it's called yomuu's ghostblade and it's really loving good.

Magres posted:

It's hard to make an item that's only great for AD damage from spells without it also being great for AD damage from autos

They need to make something that has utility specifically for assassins - Yomuu's kind of fills this role with the active. Maybe some sort of blink dagger (holy god can you imagine I'm just kidding)

• Locked thread