Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
The dem cspan stream is much more entertaining than the republican cspan stream. Much more authentic caucus feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

What the gently caress is a "spousal unit"

Is this the political correctness Trump's been talking about?

Old silly turn of phrase that isn't offensive or even necessarily gendered. See also "parental units".

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
As a voter who is deeply concerned with proper visual representation of information, I cannot in good conscience vote for Microsoft

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Seriously, am I missing something or are the graphs on this website just offensively bad

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Where can I find a feed for these candidates about to speak? What network is saying they're covering which?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I think it's somehow more fitting that Jeb!, rather than getting no delegates, gets one by dint of a rounding error.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Bhaal posted:

I'm confused, I tuned in and got a Rubio speech with a byline on CNN saying he won the republican caucus. But looking at the numbers Cruz is crushing both him and Trump.

He massively outperformed his polls, and so is declaring victory. In spite of coming in at what looks to be a close third.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/694380295177531392

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Epic High Five posted:

Trump is almost 70 and if he didn't have a the Michelangelo of tailors people would be worried about his heart giving out

Pretty sure the hair can take over for short periods, in event of an emergency.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Joementum posted:

:lol: MSNBC has Steve Kornacki making the same walk Megyn Kelly made election night 2012

Not the same without a Karl Rove :smith:

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Please, someone link me to something about this Santorum supporter's pen dying. I need to see this.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Thank you, this is everything I'd hoped it would be

Joementum posted:

Just to reiterate what I think has been made clear tonight: Caucuses own

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

remusclaw posted:

OK thanks. A way around it might be to double the amount of delegates each place that earns one gets. Thus, there will always be at least 2, and so they can be split. Too many people?

You can't remove the possibility of a tie by doubling the number of things to be apportioned, because they can be apportioned between more than two candidates. O'Malley did get a few.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Microsoft could've integrated random.org's third party service into the app, I guess. But that'd totally kill the mood of a caucus.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Aliquid posted:

Texas held a primary and caucus and it sucked.

The Texas thing was pretty different from what he's suggesting. They awarded most delegates by a primary, then had a caucus where they awarded some, but you had to vote in the primary in order to caucus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Aliquid posted:

Are you sure about that? I skipped the primary and participated in the caucus no problem in 2008. I even introduced a change to the platform to guarantee healthcare as a right at my precinct :allears:

My main point was that the delegate issue was different, but yeah, I'm fairly sure about the eligibility thing? Just going off of wikipedia and the first few google hits, but I didn't see anything to the contrary. Going for 2008 specifically gets me this U.S. News article, for example.

e: From the 2013-2014 rules available here

quote:

B. Precinct Conventions
4. Eligibility to Participate. Any qualified Democratic voter 18 years of age or older who resides in the precinct where the convention will be held and who votes in the Democratic Primary, whether early or in person, shall be eligible to attend, to participate in, and to be a candidate for, any Party Office or for any Delegate or Alternate position to be filled at that convention.

e2: I should have specified that I know nothing about the Republican side of all that.

eviltastic has issued a correction as of 07:06 on Feb 3, 2016

• Locked thread