Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Previa_fun posted:

Beautiful day again today so I went for a ride with a buddy. I huffed and puffed out about 12 miles slow as gently caress and felt great until I got on Facebook and see Cat Interceptor's ride posted. :v:

drat good work man. Maybe I'll get there one day.
Aww gently caress, what did he do this time? Another 100mi ride?
ilkhan goes to check strava

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I am surprised anyone is watching stupid football when the NHL all-stars game is on?
The what all-stars game?

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

nm posted:

At least it wasn't a 98 km ride.
Aww that would loving suck.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Geirskogul posted:

That's because Trump is insane, Hillary is a robot, and is a scam. Nobody cares.

"We elected him as a joke!"

Also, I tried listening to the Grateful Dead for the first time today, while cutting keys and cleaning the house. Figured it was my duty as a bus owner.

Verdict? Good pot music, I guess? Not my jam, but I don't hate it.
Bit late, but I'm pretty sure if Mickey Mouse was on the ballot in November he would win, regardless of which of the candidates is on the ballet for either party.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 3, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

literally a fish posted:

It's not about relying on the government to take care of you - it's that you shouldn't have to worry about whether you'll be able to afford treatment if you get cancer, for example. You shouldn't have to choose between sending your kids to college and being able to live a reasonable distance from your place of work, for example.
At least I won't go bankrupt if I get cancer.
Your post is a wonderful fantasy, but until we get to a literal post-scarcity world (and I mean literally unlimited energy on demand, cures for every disease/condition/trauma, unlimited land, and turning radioactive dirt into whatever goods/foods we want with 0 effort 24/7/365 anywhere) its just a fantasy. And even then humans will find something to fight over. There is no utopia just around the corner.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 3, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

ok, that was pretty drat good.

7:24: Seeing the oceans as black and land as grey is so mind-trippy. I kind of recognized it, but had to go back and pause to be sure. :argh:

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 5, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

i love when family members on fb claim that if you're minimum wage aka "making the same as a 15 year old" at age 22 then you're a failure at life. and then tell ME to back off and quit being confrontational when I bring up that that group includes me.
I was there up until 29. Failure at life isn't the right sentiment.

But life does get better with real income.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

But has subreddits dedicated to being racist, underage girl photos, etc.
Lumping all of reddit together is exactly as dumb as lumping all goons together. Or black people together, for that matter. People are individuals. While there are trends, reddit is such a large community that lumping the whole pot together in anything is just dumb.

iwentdoodie posted:

So basically SAC is worse than a racist pedophile.
But this part is true in and of itself.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Reddit's format is utter unreadable poo poo, THAT is something that can be grouped very well. And it does indeed have a much higher percentage of absolute loving morons. Burn it to the ground, the Internet would be noticably better.

Then follow the burning with a nuking of Tumblr and Twitter.
I do agree with this.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

I prefer r/gaybrosgonewild, thank you very much.
You would.
(since you are gay, after all)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I posted in the bike thread too, but on the list of things you don't want to happen while riding....

and when we finished unscrewing the drat thing:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

literally a fish posted:

Apologies for the double post... It looks like Awful already has some form of image upload capability.

Let's see how that goes.

E: Okay, it just links direct to hi-rez with a timg tag. Womp womp. Who develops this app anyway? They've already added the upload-to-imgur feature, changing how it pastes the bbcode shouldn't be too hard.

For those of you who don't know it can even do this, compose a post, tap on the text area like you want to copy or paste, then tap on the little arrow on the right. One of the options should now be [img]. It'll let you pick a photo from your on-iPhone library (or take a photo), upload it, and [timg] it for you.

Even without my preferred bbcode this is pretty useful.
Isn't that the point of the timg tag?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

Refs are bad
Yeah that was a bad no-reversal call.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Also this game sucks and the commercials have all been poo poo so far.
There have been a couple good commercials already.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Movie trailers don't count.
Audi and Hyundai both had good ones.

And that was not the Prius commercial we saw earlier. You know, putting out a commercial just before the superbowl, and not paying for coverage on it but on a different one would be great for SEO.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Carolina knows they can use the whole width of the field to run, right? Stop trying pound it right up the loving middle.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

literally a fish posted:

Being the most popular doesn't make it good.
Proven by football in every country on Earth.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

Next will be the majority of my MechEng friends and a good chunk of the other STEM friends
So basically everybody with a brain stem.
Good for you.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I am so sick of unemploynent giving me the runaround. It's been like 9 weeks since I filed my first claim and it is still pending. At least lemme know if I am gonna get denied jesus christ. I called on my day the past 3 weeks in a row and every time they say they will escalate it and it will be resolved within 48 hours.
Give all your money to be government, they'll handle things.
Why isn't the gov handling my things? :argh:

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 9, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

leica posted:

Recccommmend me a good Android smartphone that I can use without a contract (Cricket, Metro) and won't poo poo the bed after a year. Features are nice but reliability is more important to me. Been looking at reviews and it seems like there's nothing available that doesn't have a good amount of bad reviews.
Moto G (or E, for a REAL budget phone) plus t-mo pre-paid or att pre-paid.
Nexus 5X with google fi.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

88h88 posted:

It makes me sad to see people not taking care of themselves, even though I have a gym in the garage and tootle to work on a bike every day I still feel like I'm not doing enough despite being fitter than ever. Seems when people get older they just do less and start to feel bad and then use that as an excuse to do even less because they're not as fit as they once were. It's just an endless loop of loving themselves over with excuses.

...and then there's this dude, aged 70 in the video and lifting more than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJaZDGVNWA
My plan is to lift some weights, but I have no desire to look ripped like that. Just. No.

Good on him, though.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

88h88 posted:

It's highly unlikely you ever would, that right there takes a serious amount of dedication. Your comment is kinda like women who think they'll end up looking like the incredible Hulk is they even approach a squat rack. Ain't gonna happen! :v:
Yeah, I understand the difference.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

nm posted:

He gets to frame that ticket. Getting a speeding ticket on a bike is my dream.
I have that dream too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So... Deadpool. Worth it for the Stan Lee cameo alone.

I wont give it 10 for being perfect because it's not. It gets 10 for loving nailing Deadpool as a character and absolutly exceeding expectations on a clearly limited budget. Any problems Deadpool has really come down to Fox didnt give em enough cash - but the movie is self aware of that and turns it into a great running gag. That self awareness and willingness to even draw attention to it's own flaws was perfectly done. It earns the R-Rating big time and it looks like they cut a few things that were too harsh even for that. Again, referenced and turned into a gag. It's got about as much fat on it as Ryan Reynold's abs - very fast paced and to be honest could have done with another 10 minutes. Credits are hysterical, stick around to the end of them.

And holy poo poo, it's hilarious. Absolute machine gun it just never lets up hysterical.
Seeing it tonight. Looks like a lot of fun.

As a first date. :shrug:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I don't have to fear drug testing, as I don't do drugs. Such an amazing concept.

Cage posted:

Maybe just don't do a drug.
But then he wouldn't be doing drugs. And if you're not doing drugs how do you get high?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

The Midniter posted:

"Guys I wasn't on call this weekend so I got blackout drunk after bumping what I thought was some good yayo and would keep me awake, and I slept through my alarm and got to the site three hours late today and they fired me. This is loving bullshit. At least my buddy who has a ditch digging service is looking for help, and he lives right near me so he can pick me up on the way since my Genny got repossessed."
We need a pool for betting on which week this happens.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

You know it's a good movie when the entire loving theater claps and laughs their asses off. :allears: Repeatedly.

Just got home from seeing Deadpool. loving awesome.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So... Deadpool. Worth it for the Stan Lee cameo alone.

I wont give it 10 for being perfect because it's not. It gets 10 for loving nailing Deadpool as a character and absolutly exceeding expectations on a clearly limited budget. Any problems Deadpool has really come down to Fox didnt give em enough cash - but the movie is self aware of that and turns it into a great running gag. That self awareness and willingness to even draw attention to it's own flaws was perfectly done. It earns the R-Rating big time and it looks like they cut a few things that were too harsh even for that. Again, referenced and turned into a gag. It's got about as much fat on it as Ryan Reynold's abs - very fast paced and to be honest could have done with another 10 minutes. Credits are hysterical, stick around to the end of them.

And holy poo poo, it's hilarious. Absolute machine gun it just never lets up hysterical.

Holy poo poo you ain't kidding. Earns the R and then some, but loving hilarious.
This is the next AI SAYS GO SEE IT, NOW movie.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Don't be mad at me cuz you bought a brand new "sport car" in 2016 that has less horsepower than a early 2000s Honda.
I don't know what he bought, but I'm pretty sure he can afford to put gas in his car.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

Go drift in a Honda and get back to me.
e2: phone bought an ND, for reference. which i guess for for like 30k so an S2k is only 50% more car pricewise instead of 100% lol
I figured that.

At only 155hp there's not much he could have bought besides an ND. ;)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

100km on the bike today. Had a big breakfast, a big lunch at the midpoint, and half a pizza for dinner.
Still 1500 calories below goal. Its a good day.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I had a moment of crazy today. I thought "I could live on the wrong coast, it can't be that bad". Then I took a look out my window at 72* and sunny in mid Feb and came back to my senses.

kastein posted:

I'm calling bullshit right now. There's no way the transmission died before the engine.
The engine has probably been rebuilt at least once already.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 17, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

Wife just paid off her car loan, we're now totally debt-free! Compared to 6 months ago that means about $500-600/mo extra straight to the bank; we've paid off 2 sets of student loans and a car since then. Feels good.
:toot: :toot:

You done good.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Phone posted:

I think I won at taxes.

$5 refund from Federal, $1 refund from the state.
Damnit. You beat me by $3. I had $9 back total.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Cakefool posted:

I'm less than a mile from work, I've moved 0.4 miles in the last 45 minutes. I'm already late. When I find out who had a crash and caused this I'm going to tut in an emphatically British manner.
Drive home and then loving walk.

Try to avoid the cars moving at 0 mph while you walk.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 24, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Home was 25 miles away at that point and I had no exit. I was nearly at work.
Oh. I read it as you lived a mile from work, not you lived a ways away and were almost there.

Carry on.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Cakefool posted:

If I lived a mile from work I'd alternate between not giving a poo poo about fuel prices in a V8 and cycling in.

E:bosuoku 1UZ TT RX8.
Right there with ya.

I'm about 4 miles from my office.
I really should be riding to work, don't have much in the way of good storage for the bike, though.

At current gas prices I really couldn't care less right now about getting 12-14 mpg. I'm at 2400 miles 6 months into the Mustang.

KozmoNaut posted:

There is no such thing as "The Cloud", only "other people's computers".

That said, I'm very satisfied with Google Drive and Docs. And we're using Office 365 at work. Surprisingly it's not 100% poo poo.
My boss' brother runs a print shop. Thus:

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 25, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

spoken like someone who doesnt know what real lows are

id give anything not to feel like i was yesterday
Yet you managed to get out and drive to see the F9 launch...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Yup, still can't stand that voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

No, he's graduated to racial pity jokes.
Graduated implies an improvement.

• Locked thread