Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Laserface posted:

My dog is happy as poo poo 24/7.

that's because it's an organism that has been genetically modified by humans to express those traits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Frankly posted:

- Labor policy led to 51,000 new arrivals, 1,200 deaths at sea

- Australia is now the World's Most Generous Nation for Resettling 'Genuine' Refugees (by head of population and by national wealth) and 2018/19 will be our biggest intake in 30 years

First point is a truthy lie. It's been both Labor and LNP policy to punish airlines for allowing people to fly to Australia to claim asylum, so the only way a lot of people can come is either by scamming a tourist visa and flying, or by boat. Over the last 20 or so years, 80-95% of irregular maritime arrivals have been found to be genuine refugees (that's even after recent Governments have offered applicants heavy incentives to withdraw their claims). The % of airport arrivals claiming asylum found to be genuine refugees has been less than 50%.

The second is an outright lie. Germany has 4 times our population, and has taken 800,000. We sure as gently caress haven't taken 200,000 refugees

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Cartoon posted:

Turdball also has to stand in the mess that is ~his~ NBN implementation.
I don't know how you can call it a mess. It protects Telstra's share price by guaranteeing revenue until the end of time, and also gives Foxtel a a very healthy ROI on its infrastructure sunk costs. What more could you ask for from a government infrastructure programme?

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

norp posted:

Perhaps we should just low jack the whole country and track their location at all times.

This is pretty much what the telco data retention regime will achieve.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Birb Katter posted:

3br are everywhere so that gives you parents + 2 kids without even sharing a room. Sharing a room isn't exactly a foreign concept even in this day and age.

There's a shitload of stuff going up around innet metro Perth these days that's blocks of 2BR, 2 bath units. I've been keeping an eye on it and there are lots of them that are remaining unsold/unrented 6+ months after completion. It's looking a very much like the supposed glut of things no-one really wants.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Big Willy Style posted:

Cool, for some reason I thought they were only for academics
All of the 4 unis I've been at have had their enterprise/collective agreements publicly available, including details of which unions were involved in negotiations, so it might be worth doing a bit of hunting to see what your institution does. I'm in the NTEU, which does cover most academic and professional staff, although United Voice, AMWU, and CPSU have been involved representing some of the university staff (eg maintenance/cleaning/childcare facilities).

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

iajanus posted:

Does more than 47% rent? Because if so that should be higher.
Maybe. There was a survey knocking around not too long ago which had 50% of the under 30s thinking they would never own their own place

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

I thought he meant that each ballot paper should be random, so in theory every party has an equal number of papers where they are on the left hand side.
it would be feasible to do this totally fairly if sentate voting is reformed to the point where there aren't a large number of bullshit small parties. Even with 12 candidates, there are 479001600 different ways of arranging them, so a lot of combinations would still be missed out, but it should be fairer than the current system.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Goffer posted:

You're supposed to come to a near stop at all of the above situations anyway. I walk in front of cars all the time in these instances and have survived 30+ years.

Are you from Perth? I've heard Perth drivers do not understand road rules very well.

Can confirm that Perth drivers generally will not stop for pedestrians where drivers in Adl/Syd/Melb do. That includes at zebra crossings, give ways, and regular intersections.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Cartoon posted:

Actually it's burnt.
Either is fine. They mean the same thing and both occur at almost the same frequency in the 2007 British National Corpus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

my stepdads beer posted:

Lol at the misleading scale

Log scale is a legitimate choice when the vertical axis varies as much as that one does

• Locked thread